ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TATTOO YOU AGAIN Return to archive
06-19-03 11:14 PM
exile Hi
Ive just been getting into Tattoo You for the hundreth time
everytime i listen to it I get into a different song

at the moment enjoying

Heaven

Worried about you

Take you to the Top

Black Limosine

06-19-03 11:22 PM
J.J.Flash Where you've been Exile? How are you?
See ya!
06-20-03 11:39 AM
Zeeta Weird man I listened to that on my walkman on the train this morning!!!!

Yeah that whole second side of Tattoo you should be awarded a prize for the best / coolest ballads of all time! Tops is the one for me!
I felt like a bit of a twat when I started to click my fingers and stomp my feet to Black limo whilst on a packed comuter train, I looked around and everybody was looking at me !! To be fair though I really didn't give a fuck!!!
Gonna do it again now on the way home!
06-21-03 06:55 PM
Beatle Neil Wow......I can't remember when I last played side 1!!! Serious! Side 2 of 'Tattoo you' is a turntable regular here at BN HQ. I was amazed to learn only fairly recently-ish that our ol' mate Mr.Taylor is on 1 or 2 'T.Y.' side 2 songs....coz, turns out there was stuff left over with him on it.....cool. And since it turns out that the Lp was actually recorded between 1975-79, I now consider 'Steel Wheels' to be the ONLY 1980's Stones studio LP worth a 2nd listen/shelling out for.
Hey - what bootlegs contain out-takes etc of 'T.Y.' side 2 songs??
'Waiting on a friend' sometimes brings a tear to the eye as that's the song that personifies "Mick & Keith" for me..the way it's used in the '88 "25X5" Arena BBC docu.
06-21-03 08:34 PM
Fiji Joe I have always thought that ER and Tattoo You would have made a great double album...sorta of a second coming of Exile
06-21-03 09:35 PM
nankerphelge Ah 1981!

Tattoo You is just amazing -- Black Limo especially. They were so on top of it all back then. Tattoo You and the tour just ate 1981 up!

I always thought ER was an attempt to force a second Some Girls. Although I like certain tunes, I really can't deal with most of ER to this day. And at one time I used to blame it on the whole disco sound that they embraced in the late 70s. Yet, for reasons I can't explain, I still like Undercover a lot -- it's dancy, but man it's got some damn fine Stones all fucking over it!!

She Was Hot
Pain of Love
Must Be Hell
Pretty Beat Up
Too Tough

That's some good Stones -- 1983!!!

06-22-03 08:14 AM
corgi37 tattoo you is a class act, no doubt about it. not a dud song on it. And i too adore undercover. Very tough album and a great antidote at the time when it was Police, Wham and Duran Duran. Speaking of which, i recall a story of the Duran Duran guys visiting the studios during the undercover sessions and being amazed that the stones all recorded together in the studio. After shooting the she was hot clip, Ronnie gave one of the Duran guys his bendy guitar used in the clip. How cool would it be having that hanging behind you bar, or stones shrine!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003