ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones ranks #10 on Forbes Top 100 Celebrity List Return to archive
06-19-03 08:06 PM
Soldatti Britney Out, Aniston New Top Forbes Celebrity
1 hour, 26 minutes ago

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Pop princess Britney Spears (news) learned on Thursday that fame can be fleeting as she disappeared from this year's Forbes Top 100 Celebrity List after last year's No. 1 spot.

Replacing her at the top is Jennifer Aniston (news), one of TV's "Friends" stars, who earned $35 million last year and appeared on more magazine covers than any other celebrity.

Jennifer "J-Lo" Lopez and Ben Affleck (news) emerged as Hollywood's hottest new power couple, occupying the fifth and seventh spots on the list, with a combined income of $65 million.

It has not been a good year for Spears, who hit it big in 1999 with "Oops!..I Did it Again." She has had a string of bad press recently, as her much publicized relationship with Justin Timberlake (news) of N'Sync went sour; her movie "Crossroads," was less than successful.

She was also photographed flipping off the paparazzi in Mexico after refusing to go on stage in a rain storm, while photos in the New York Post of her smoking also worked to tarnish her good-girl image.

"Good press or bad press, all press is equal in our eyes," said Peter Kafka, an editor at Forbes, the business magazine that compiled the list, which takes into consideration earnings, press clippings, radio and TV coverage and web hits.

"By dollar value, Britney did not have a big album or a big tour, the proponents that usually land celebrities on the list," said Kafka.

Rappers Eminem (news - web sites) and Dr. Dre take the number 2 slot this year, also earning $35 million, but with nearly 2 million web hits. Golfer Tiger Woods slipped from 2 to 3, while earning $78 million -- $9 million more than last year.

Kafka said Aniston, whose husband, Brad Pitt (news), did not make the list, was a bit of a surprise. "Aniston's marriage may have helped to propel her to 13 covers, but she is still one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood," he said.

Aniston's female "Friends," Lisa Kudrow (news) (30) and Courteney Cox (news) (41) made the list, but only one male co-star, Matthew Perry (news) (25).

"Harry Potter (news - web sites)" author J.K. Rowling (news - web sites), catapulted from 34 in 2002 to 15 this year amid anticipation about the latest book in the children's series. Rowling's earnings increased by about $90 million, up from $41.8 million.

While golfer Woods was by far the most powerful sports celebrity, basketball legend Michael Jordan (news) was 13 with motor racing's Michael Schumacher at 19. Soccer star David Beckham entered the list at 56, but without Spice Girl wife Victoria.

Rounding out the top ten were movie director Steven Spielberg (news) (4), ex-Beatle Paul McCartney (news) (6), Oprah Winfrey (news) (8), Tom Hanks (news) (9) and The Rolling Stones (10).

Here the Top 20 list:
01. Jennifer Aniston
02. Eminem/Dr Dre
03. Tiger Woods
04. Steven Spielberg
05. Jennifer Lopez
06. Sir Paul McCartney
07. Ben Affleck
08. Oprah Winfrey
09. Tom Hanks
10. The Rolling Stones
11. Will Smith
12. The Osbournes
13. Michael Jordan
14. Mike Myers
15. JK Rowling
16. Nicole Kidman
17. George Lucas
18. Eddie Murphy
19. Michael Schumacher
20. Jim Carrey
06-19-03 08:07 PM
Boomy Oprah is still popular?
06-19-03 09:35 PM
steel driving hammer I wonder what Keith would have to say about this, ah, list.

Whatever it is, I know I'd agree and probably laugh along with him!
06-19-03 11:45 PM
J.J.Flash Look at the list people, look at the list, WHAT A CRAP... WHAT A CRAP......

Steel my North American brother please, where is Keith? I really would like to know what are his reactions about it....
06-20-03 08:12 AM
gimmekeef Whats with this Sir Paul crap all the time.Bet he's the one pushing it!..Uncle Albert my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06-21-03 12:00 AM
Prodigal Son My GAWD! What has Tom Hanks done recently to put him one spot up on the Stones. J-Ho? Wow, she has crafted quite a career for herself based on crap music, zero singing skills, zero acting skills, a nice bod and an ASS to attract all that success like a magnet.
Britney Spears was caught smoking? Although it is bad for you, I encourage her to continue. I say go on, Britney! Keep smoking. Smoke until you become ugly and withered from it, therefore with no one liking you anymore because your main prize, your looks, will be gone... YEAAAHH... keep smoking, the perfect recipe to kick you out of the spotlight you so rudely and untalentedly forced people to put on you. Hell, I know she's a hot thing, but there are other ones out there that do much less worse things for their business than her, so why not!
And despite loving the Beatles, I loathe Paul being more successful and more media-respected than the Stones. Why is it more emberassing for them to still be at it after all these years, all the acts the media and public love to death gone before them? Meanwhile, old awful-dye (Mick and Keith know how to dye that hair, Paulie) McCartney is loved and respected by everyone. This guy stopped being cool over 30 years ago. Lennon made him look cool, and even at his worst, Johnny was ten times cooler than Paulie at his best. The Stones are the rightful torch-bearers of rock.
I can't believe it sometimes. What, people would rather laud broken-up, reformed and off and on bands like the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin to be parading around than the Stones, a group that never ONCE split up (unless you call 1986-89 a split).
Enough to make you go mad!
06-21-03 06:53 AM
Monkey Woman Shows once again the difference between fame and worth.
06-22-03 04:24 PM
The Hand of Fate Indeed, it is annoying when Macca gets more respect than the Stones. One guy who has straddled the line very well between respect/critical acceptance and wealth is Bowie. He's a master at more than sound and vision!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003