ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: is this site protected against spam bots? Return to archive
06-19-03 08:05 PM
mac_daddy
would obfuscating my email screw anything up with my account here?

the amount of spam I am getting has markedly increased since I registered for this board...

most board softwares allow for this, I just don't want it to bounce my account...

thanks.
06-19-03 11:25 PM
J.J.Flash Just hide your e-mail address on your profile here at the board, if you prefer.
06-19-03 11:40 PM
mac_daddy so the answer is no..?
06-19-03 11:52 PM
J.J.Flash Of course, don't worry! Most people here just prefer to hide the e-mail address. Here's the deal: If your address will be of utmost importance, the people who need to know, will ask in your Private Message.
Right?
06-20-03 04:41 AM
egon always but something extra in your email address when posting.

like:

[email protected] (instead of [email protected])

of course this does not work when you are expecting
an automatic reply like a booking confirmation, but it
does the trick when posting here.

[Edited by egon]
06-20-03 06:00 PM
littleredrooster Austin Powers will protect us from the evil sperm bots!!
06-21-03 02:44 PM
J.J.Flash LOL
HEy Rooooooooooooostah......where you�ve been.....long time man....
Cheers!
06-21-03 08:39 PM
Fiji Joe There was a big battle with the spam-bots a while back...we took care of them with some glowing crystals and skunk weed...it was a real team effort...don't suspect they'll be back for a while
06-22-03 11:08 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

would obfuscating my email screw anything up with my account here?

the amount of spam I am getting has markedly increased since I registered for this board...

most board softwares allow for this, I just don't want it to bounce my account...

thanks.

Too bad,

1.- If you enter your e-mail and it is hidden nobody can see it as it's encrpyted, ikt is protected even for hackers and it's under a secure UNIX system. As explained above you can even be contacted by others via PM, if someone sent you a PM you'll receive an e-mail from the sevre notifying the new PM.

2.- If you select the option to show your e-mail the person must enter your profile to see it.

To note, I have a new account here since some months ago and have not received any spam to that new e-mail.
06-22-03 11:42 AM
mac_daddy thanks for the info voodoo

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003