ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tell me... Return to archive
06-19-03 05:19 AM
dealer squealing ....i have never seen the video for You Got Me Rocking, so can you please describe it for me? It was the second single from VL but somehow i�ve only seen the Love is Strong, Out Of Tears and I GO Wild videos. Thanks.
06-19-03 08:22 AM
J.J.Flash Yeah dealer, the same for me.....All those videos but never You Got Me Rocking. I didnt even know of the existence of that video.
Regards!
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
06-19-03 08:29 AM
steel driving hammer I don't think there is one either.

Unless it's the song w/ live footage.

06-19-03 08:32 AM
montana I watched it...it's a compilation of several VL shows...
i think it's up at rs.com

lour
06-19-03 08:43 AM
dealer squealing Ok that�s very likely, strange that they did not make a video of it like with Out Of Tears and I Go Wild as it was single nr 2 from the album. Bit i never have liked this song very much although the Stones are for some wierd reason trying to push the song into the warhorse league.
But thanks for the info.
06-19-03 08:49 AM
J.J.Flash Guys, believe me, this song is one of my fave..... It really rocks when they play at B-Stage, at least, here in Brazil was one of the highlights for me......
"Hey hey, You Got Me Rockin' Now... hey hey"
06-19-03 08:57 AM
Phog It's a mish-mash of VL concert footage, most of it from the New Jersey show that was sold on video during the tour. I liked it.
06-19-03 08:59 AM
mac_daddy the slow version (track 2 on Keith's VL) is the best I have heard - I wish they would play the tune like that once in a while...
06-19-03 10:13 AM
Highwire Rob It's got a call-and-response style and tribal beats--great for energizing the audience...

You Got Me Rockin'!
06-19-03 10:17 AM
T&A yeah - I suppose it's great from the "audience participation" angle - but otherwise is a piece of "rock formula" trash...no way it belongs amongst the pantheon of war horses. If you need something from the 90's in the staples of the setlist, I'd much rather hear Saint, OOC or I Go Wild, which was one of the centerpieces of the VL tour....
06-19-03 12:23 PM
dealer squealing Ok there are some positive points about YGMR
but there are so many other songs instead + they have "raped" this song since 1994? Whats the deal?
06-19-03 06:02 PM
Gazza >It's a mish-mash of VL concert footage, most of it from the New Jersey show that was sold on video during the tour. I liked it.

yep,thats it in a nutshell. the "performance" footage comes from the Giants stadium 15/8/94 show in question mixed in with audience shots from the same video. Another one of those dubbed "concert" promos such as "Rock and a hard Place", "Out Of Control" etc.
06-19-03 06:12 PM
Boomy I think the song is fine the way it is. Sometimes it's great when you have the 60 CD shuffler on and all of the sudden you hear Charlie's drums booming.

But, I do like "Sparks Will Fly" a lot better.
06-19-03 06:13 PM
Factory Girl Boomy, is that really you???
06-19-03 06:20 PM
Flashpoint Flip the Switch has the same type of video, but talking about YGMR..i got to tell you....it's a great song, but perhaps you're right is not a warhorse anyway
To me it seems that they will not have another top song but they are making very good albums, i'm really happy with all of them.The very last high point was Mixed Emotions on Steel Wheels
06-19-03 06:24 PM
sirfito I agree. It's a great song. I like it very much and enjoyed too much live in Buenos Aires when they came.
We all were dancing and singing and..."You Got Me Rocking, Hey, Hey..." A party, really.
All the best,
Fito
06-20-03 03:47 PM
Boomy Me too, Fito. I was dancin' like a crazy son-of-a-bitch in Chicago when they blasted out that song.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003