ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ernst Happel Stadium, Vienna - June 18 - Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive
06-18-03 07:51 PM
LadyJane From Doug's Board....Not confirmed...

Vienna Setlist
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Don't Stop
Bitch
Angie
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Tumbling Dice
--- Introductions
Thru and thru(Keith)
BTMMR (Keith)
Sympathy For The Devil
I just wanna make love to you (B-stage)
Street Fighting Man (B-stage)
Midnight Rambler (B-stage)
Gimme Shelter
IORAR
Honky Tonk Women
Satisfaction
JJF (encore)

Sounds good to me!!

LadyJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
06-18-03 08:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Fantastic B-stage set!!!

Thanks Wolfgang
06-18-03 09:50 PM
Madafaka "I Just Wanna Make Love To You" Woooooow!
What number of lick is that?
06-18-03 10:00 PM
nankerphelge Wow -- that's wild!

I don' wanchu
feed da 'ogs

On the B!!!

No fucking way!

NO WAY!!!!
06-18-03 10:05 PM
parmeda
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
No fucking way!

NO WAY!!!!

"...WAY!"
*said with a raised eyebrow*

06-19-03 07:51 AM
steel driving hammer They rehearsed Saint Of Me at the soundcheck in Vienna.

But why did they tease us w/ She Was Hot!!!

Not THATS the Big Tease!!

Remember in Jan 22 at the United Center how cold it was? Keith even mentioned it before his 2 song solo set. What a perfect time to introduce the song She Was Hot. Think how much it would of meant if Mick were to say to the crowd "On a cold Chicago Nyyyyaiyyyyyaiyyyyyaiyyyyyyaaaaaa She Was Hot! Folks the place would of exploded.
06-19-03 08:45 AM
LadyJane Here's another one!! Mick looks good in green!!

Courtesy of IORR

LadyJ.
06-19-03 08:47 AM
luxury1 Many thanks to LadyJane and Steelie for posting setlist and photos. And yes, "you in white, and me in green." I love that shot of Keith and Darryl doing the same "groove thang" face.
06-19-03 09:13 AM
steel driving hammer

Been noticing, Micks been pointing his fingers alot this tour.

Prolly more than other tours you think?
[Edited by steel driving hammer]
[Edited by steel driving hammer]
06-19-03 09:23 AM
nankerphelge How did they play "I Just Wanna Make Love to You?"

"They used to do it fast, but now they do it slow!"

06-19-03 09:42 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
How did they play "I Just Wanna Make Love to You?"

"They used to do it fast, but now they do it slow!"

Thats from Rio 95 I think.

I wanna hear Neighbors!! LOUD!!
06-19-03 09:59 AM
Moonisup
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Thats from Rio 95 I think.

I wanna hear Neighbors!! LOUD!!

no, from the single Highwire,
highwire, play with fire, I just wanna make... and again Highwire

[Edited by Moonisup]
06-19-03 10:04 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
no, from the single Highwire,
highwire, play with fire, I just wanna make... and again Highwire
[Edited by Moonisup]

LOL, no you crazy bastard Mick says "We used to do it fast, but now they do it slow!" on stage in Rio 95!

NEIGHBORS, haven't got crazy bastards!! LOL!
06-19-03 10:57 AM
Moonisup i should stop drinking
06-19-03 12:04 PM
moy
06-19-03 01:53 PM
Gazza >Think how much it would of meant if Mick were to say to the crowd "On a cold Chicago Nyyyyaiyyyyyaiyyyyyaiyyyyyyaaaaaa She Was Hot! Folks the place would of exploded.

well...maybe a few people like yourself would have, Steelie. Fact is,they dont have the courage to play songs like that in large venues because people like you,me and most folks here arent the target audience. If we get that song,it'll be in a theatre where they know that 85% of the audience arent going to respond with "what the fucks this?"
06-19-03 02:00 PM
Gazza On a point of trivia, theres a Stones link with the name of the stadium the band played in last night

Ernst Happel Stadium is named after a famous Austrian football coach. His son (also called Ernst)and grandson are big Stones fans and collectors whom I used to trade with. (well,when I asked Ernst if he was any relation to the famous football coach he replied "yes - hes my father" which I had no reason to doubt) I'm not sure what name they use nowadays but during the last tour they regularly posted on a few of the Stones message boards, including probably this one and most certainly on "Goin' Home" which was the predecessor of "Rocks Off"
06-19-03 02:48 PM
Monkey Woman Awesome. Simply awesome. CYHMK, Bitch, Keith's terrific set, then IJWMLTY and MR on the b-stage... How's that for a stadium set??? Happy Vienna!

Now, I'm just dying for Marseille! Oh, and for a boot too!!!
06-19-03 03:50 PM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Wow -- that's wild!
I don' wanchu
feed da 'ogs
On the B!!!
No fucking way!
NO WAY!!!!

I saw 'em do that on the B-Stage at MSG3 in '98. When they started it I thought it was Midnight Rambler, but then I thought "Midnight Rambler on the B Stage? No Way! They'd KILL people with THAT."

(I posted that thought in my review, and when they started doing MR on the B-Stage in '99, I took complete credit for giving them the idea.)

The guy behind me at MSG had been whining "Play some OLDIES!" all night, so when they started this Muddy Waters classic I turned around and said "This is from 1954 - old enough for ya???" He just gave me a blank look, but at least he SHUT UP.

Oh - they did it SLOOOOOW.

Funny- I was just listening to the version from the Highwire CD single. It was on a mix tape I made in 1991 or so. A question - there's a harp playing thru the verses while Mick is singing. Is it:
- overdubbed later
- a synth sample by Mick's little friend
- someone else playing
- an auditory hallucination

???

Steelie, Mick may have ALSO said that in Rio (like how many times and places has Keith said "Nice to be ANYWHERE"?)but Nanker's reference was to the 1990 Wembley gig, where he mentions that they used to do it "in Richmond and all that". I don't think anyone in Rio would get that reference.
06-19-03 04:20 PM
Moonisup that quite a nice set for the B-stage

well, bercy,

hmz has to have some gems for us
06-19-03 05:51 PM
Gazza >Funny- I was just listening to the version from the Highwire CD single. It was on a mix tape I made in 1991 or so. A question - there's a harp playing thru the verses while Mick is singing. Is it:
- overdubbed later
- a synth sample by Mick's little friend
- someone else playing
- an auditory hallucination

probably a bit of keyboard work from Matt Clifford. If I remember right, when they played "Miss You" on that tour, Matt played a keyboard/synth riff that sounded like a harp. I saw them do "I just wanna make love to you" in Paris on that tour and it was wonderful.
06-20-03 08:14 AM
marko They also did I just wanna make love to you in 1990,in
London,the middle show 6.7.90 also they did it in the 2nd!
Madrid show.....not the sbd boot,which is the 1st day,june
16th.
06-20-03 09:01 AM
erikjjf It was also played at The Aragon, with a guest appearance by Dr John.
06-20-03 02:56 PM
moy not sure if these pix are from this show but i found them in an austrian newspaper

06-20-03 03:22 PM
moy I'm almost sure the second is from oberhausen

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003