ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers with Bob Dylan (NSC) Return to archive
06-18-03 11:36 AM
Martha Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers with Bob Dylan and his band

We are pleased to announce a very special event and give you information regarding the on sale and presale for this engagement.

On Saturday, August 9th, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers will be co-headlining with Bob Dylan and his band at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ. This very special engagement has been organized as a result of the cancellation of the Bonaroo Festival, where both artists were scheduled to perform.

As usual, we are pleased to give you information regarding the presale of this show as follows:

PRESALE FRIDAY, 6/20 - 9AM TO 9PM LOCAL EASTERN DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

PUBLIC ON SALE SATURDAY, 6/21 - 9AM LOCAL EASTERN DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the scheduling of this special event, the show in Portsmouth, VA at the Harbor Center will be rescheduled. Tickets for this show will be valid for the rescheduled date. Please stay tuned for details regarding rescheduling of the Portsmouth, VA show date.

tompetty.com

06-18-03 11:48 AM
nankerphelge Thanks Martha -- that's good news!
I saw them together in '86 -- it was dreadful, but it was mainly because ol' Bob wasn't in the best of sorts then I think. From the sounds of things now, he is in top form and with TP, man that'll be a great show!
06-18-03 12:02 PM
Martha Hi Nanky,

You are welcome...yeah Bob and the boys are doing great. The Louisville show on 4/30/03 rocked my world and if you are interested I can send you a copy of it...the recording is excellent...PM me with your addy if you want it!

I wish I could make this show but it isn't likely...my concert budget is at its limit for right now. However, if my taper friend makes it, I'll have a great recording to offer and to enjoy!

Life is so good because my music lovin' friends are the best!

Hugs,
Martha
06-18-03 12:07 PM
Lazy Bones Thanks, Martha. It'd be nice if Dylan added Toronto to his summer US sched!
http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/734972
06-18-03 12:10 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
However, if my taper friend makes it, I'll have a great recording to offer and to enjoy!

We should start a concert fund for "taper friend".
That's generous of you, Martha!
06-18-03 12:28 PM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

We should start a concert fund for "taper friend".
That's generous of you, Martha!

He'd be humbled by that Lazy...how sweet of you to say that! :-)

I will be more than happy to offer the boot once it is ready to go. I am pretty sure he'll make this show...it is too important to miss and he's already done 18 Dylan shows this year....he's dedicated! AND he's a great taper! All of his efforts come through at almost soundboard quality.

I'll also have the Neil show soon from Columbus, OH 6/14/03......the entire Greendale set! He was in the 10th row for it. Should I offer it here? Are people interested in it? I am more than happy to spread the muscial joy throughout the land!

Hugs,
Martha
06-18-03 12:36 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
I'll also have the Neil show soon from Columbus, OH 6/14/03......the entire Greendale set! He was in the 10th row for it. Should I offer it here? Are people interested in it? I am more than happy to spread the muscial joy throughout the land!
Hugs,
Martha

You've got PM. Columbus and last night's show in Chicago are, thus far, the two longest shows since the tour started in Tampa. How's Greendale sound electric? I've only 2 solo Europe acoustic shows thus far..which are great. The electric versions with Crazy Horse are supposed to be great in their own ways.
06-18-03 12:51 PM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

You've got PM. Columbus and last night's show in Chicago are, thus far, the two longest shows since the tour started in Tampa. How's Greendale sound electric? I've only 2 solo Europe acoustic shows thus far..which are great. The electric versions with Crazy Horse are supposed to be great in their own ways.

----------------------------------------------

I thoroughly enjoyed the show in Columbus...and was very happy to see the crowd enthusiastic throughout giving several standing ovations after songs. I wasn't sure how this was going to go over in Cowtown (redneck USA) since Neil makes some blatant commentary on the media and right wing agendas and the environment so it was good to see it being so well received.

I thought the show was fantastic and am looking forward to hearing the boot and reliving the show and learning more...there is a lot to take in on this one.

06-18-03 01:00 PM
steel driving hammer Another round of bootlegs I will get...

These should be great. Thanks for the news Martha!
06-18-03 01:10 PM
Martha You are very welcome Steelie..it is my pleasure!
06-18-03 04:29 PM
ziggypayne Martha, I'd be interested in setting something up for that Neil show once you get it in. I'll e-mail you a copy of my list.
06-19-03 08:07 AM
SWAYED Martha,

I would love to get a copy of the Neil show in Columbus from
you when you get it. I attended this show too and was
absolutely floored by Neil and Crazy Horse's set. I've got
TONS of audio/video of Neil, Stones, Dylan, and many others
for trade. You can reach me at: [email protected]
Thanks a million and I hope to hear from you!!

06-19-03 09:38 AM
Larry Dallas Hey Martha

My tix to the Louisville Dylan show fell through in a bad way. The "Friendships are forever tarnished" kind of way. How was Bob that night? I heard he played a lot of piano. That would have been great to see.
06-19-03 10:23 AM
Rags Thanks for the heads up Martha! Do you know if there is a special code that we'll need for the presale? Thanks!
06-19-03 11:55 AM
Martha
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:
Hey Martha

My tix to the Louisville Dylan show fell through in a bad way. The "Friendships are forever tarnished" kind of way. How was Bob that night? I heard he played a lot of piano. That would have been great to see.

Larry this show (4/30/03) was the best Dylan show of my life to date. I would be happy to send you a copy since you could not make it and I 'm sorry to hear you lost a friend over it.

It was so packed that night..over 8,000 kids...at least evey kid/teen in Louisville came just otoparty and then there were the dedicated older ones like myself who came to groove and swing the night away.

It was a stellar show...and the recording from my friend, who heads up travelin' man records, sounds so damn good you would almost swear it is soundboard. He was in the sweet spot all evening. Larry Campbell has been sent a copy of his recording, by the way, so kudos to Travelin' Man Records!

PM me if you want a copy so we can set up a B& P or trade. That goes for anyone else here, by the way.

Hugs,
Martha
06-19-03 11:58 AM
Martha
quote:
SWAYED wrote:
Martha,

I would love to get a copy of the Neil show in Columbus from
you when you get it. I attended this show too and was
absolutely floored by Neil and Crazy Horse's set. I've got
TONS of audio/video of Neil, Stones, Dylan, and many others
for trade. You can reach me at: [email protected]
Thanks a million and I hope to hear from you!!

Welcome to the board Swayed..loveyour chosen name by the way. Yes, you will hear from me and are on my growing list for this show now! I will make certain to get back to you privately thanks for posting your e-mail addy. I loved the show too...and will have a copy of Lucinda's set as well..she was awesome..and to include the Petty song from "She's The One" that really kicked my ass...I love that song!

"I changed the name of this town"

peace,
Martha
06-19-03 12:03 PM
Martha
quote:
Rags wrote:
Thanks for the heads up Martha! Do you know if there is a special code that we'll need for the presale? Thanks!

Hi Rags, I think my taper friend, travelin'man, got his ticket somehow already, but I do not know the presale code..sorry. If I find out I'll post it right away though. Good luck!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003