ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stone Postage Stamps Return to archive
06-17-03 02:09 PM
Jaxx clear channel news network

Rolling Stones Stamps

Rock legends The Rolling Stones are so popular in Austria - they've been given their own set of postage stamps.
Bandmembers Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts each have their own special edition stamp - part of a one million print run - worth 55 cents each. The British rockers are the only living figures, besides the country's head of state, to be granted the honor. A spokesperson for the band says, "After 40 years of rock'n'roll it's not often you get a first. The band is absolutely delighted."

lick me

Undercover

The Rolling Stones Stamped Out In Austria

The Rolling Stones may be touring the planet with their 40 Licks tours but fans in Austria can lick them literally.

The Rolling Stones have been honored with their own postage stamps in the European country.

One million Rolling Stones stamps go into circulation in Austria tomorrow (June 18).

For just 0.55 Euros you can lick the back to the head of Mick, Keith, Ron or Charlie.

The first day issue of the stamps will be postmarked with the words 'First Day' and 'Rolling Stones' in Vienna.

In addition, a limited edition run of 8250 collectable Forty Licks CDs and stamps is also available June 18 at selected Austrian Post Offices. The CD has exactly the same tracklisting as the original release but comes with different artwork.

By Paul Cashmere

[Edited by Jaxx]
06-17-03 02:27 PM
Joey I bought a bunch of " Richard Nixon " stamps years ago . I drew little bars over " Tricky Dick's face " and I paste the stamps on bills or when I mail things to people I don't like ................................................

Tricky !

06-17-03 02:30 PM
Factory Girl That is soo cool! I wish US would follow.
06-17-03 03:08 PM
steel driving hammer The US cannot not follow.

It only commemorates US figures like Elvis, Presidents and all that crap.
06-17-03 03:14 PM
Moonisup you girls can lick Mick now MANY times!
06-17-03 03:37 PM
Factory Girl I lick Mick many times...

A (Factory) Girl can dream...
06-17-03 04:36 PM
Lazy Bones The US should make a stamp out of that new avatar, Jaxx!!
06-17-03 07:10 PM
Jaxx LOL. you like that? gerardo made it for me. i dared myself to use it.
06-17-03 08:22 PM
mac_daddy I'll bet the band is stoked - those are great!

Ronnie looks the best, by far

I would love to send a money order and a SASE (padded/protected mailer) to a kind Austrian resident who could buy the stamp set, and send it to me...
06-17-03 09:10 PM
telecaster Tip for the board. My Dad is a stamp and coin dealer. Buy the Stones stamps (or any)by the sheet and keep them in the sheet to keep their value.

I am sure nobody would sell them if they didn't have to but just in case.

06-17-03 09:25 PM
mac_daddy Tele-

that is why I posted the above grovel
06-17-03 09:33 PM
telecaster
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
Tele-

that is why I posted the above grovel

mac-daddy that is why I am here. PM me and I will get your info and we will move forward (anyone else is welcome). Plus my Dad is a grudging Stones fan. He went from "God damn long haired hippies" to
"did you know Keith is the one who plays his guitar really low"

06-17-03 10:52 PM
parmeda
quote:
telecaster wrote:
mac-daddy that is why I am here. PM me and I will get your info and we will move forward (anyone else is welcome). Plus my Dad is a grudging Stones fan. He went from "God damn long haired hippies" to
"did you know Keith is the one who plays his guitar really low"

ahem...

um, Tele...hon...friend o' mine...

I would like to send you my info if you'd care to be neighborly?
(Bless your father and give him a kiss for me!)
06-19-03 08:54 AM
J.J.Flash Should be an inscription on those stamps "LICKE ME!" hahaha LOL!
06-19-03 08:53 PM
AnitaX http://post.at/content/shop/sammlerservice/results.jsp?jahr=2003&Kat=N&lan=eng&i=0
06-20-03 05:23 AM
luxury1 I would like to order some from this link, but how does 4.40 Euro translate into US dollars? Anyone??
Thanks
06-20-03 05:31 AM
Moonisup I think it's around $4,

so not that expensive!
06-20-03 06:13 AM
egon 1 euro is usd 1.18 at the moment

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003