ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: So? What's the deal with Toronto? Return to archive Page: 1 2
06-18-03 11:40 AM
polytoxic nanker, you got the right attitude.

rolllllllllllll another number for the road!

06-18-03 11:46 AM
nankerphelge Yes I do PolyT!!!

I will have quite a few numbers for the road -- I'm stockpiling!!!!

06-18-03 12:27 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
nanker, you got the right attitude.
rolllllllllllll another number for the road!

It's too dark to put the keys in my ignition..

You going to Neil on Monday PT?
06-18-03 12:29 PM
Joey SARS IS for Pussies !

Everyone ....................Get your A## to Toronto !

Jacky !
06-18-03 01:00 PM
sirmoonie You guys aren't fooling anyone. We all know you are going up Canada ways to get married.

"What next, Ronald?"
06-18-03 01:11 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
You guys aren't fooling anyone. We all know you are going up Canada ways to get married.

Don't even start!
06-18-03 02:46 PM
Miss U. SO WHO'S ALL COMING????!!
06-19-03 11:04 AM
LadyJane Anybody know if the press conference is INDEED today? And if so, what time?

The suspense is overwhelming!!

LadyJ.
06-19-03 12:07 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Anybody know if the press conference is INDEED today? And if so, what time?
The suspense is overwhelming!!
LadyJ.

It's supposed/rumoured to be at 2:00pm. Last night, however, on City Pulse (Toronto tv station), they said announcement is next week. I didn't want to jump at posting that info because I don't think anyone knows what info is most up-to-date.

Eyes and ears are open. The news will spread like wild fire once it's official!
06-19-03 12:46 PM
LadyJane Thanks LB!

Is this a done deal or what?

Somebody help me out with this!!

LadyJ.
06-19-03 02:51 PM
polytoxic Lazy Bones, I'm waiting on a miracle for the Neil show.

luckily he's back in Sept. so I guess I can wait if I have to.

But basically my entire summer is revolving around July 30 at this point.
06-19-03 03:22 PM
nankerphelge You and me both -- what is the scoop!
06-19-03 08:23 PM
polytoxic Doug's board has been following it pretty closely so here's a condensed version:

The scoop is that the show is on (and has been for a while) for the 30th, however there has no "official" announcement.

They have just announced an official press conference for the show to be held Monday where the details will come out.

I think Doug has mentioned the opening acts, however some are saying that Sheryl Crow has a scheduling conflict that day.

Tickets will be 20 dollars and will be General admission. They should be readily available in the US.

There will be 200,000 tickets available initially.

The show will be held an old military airport in the north end of the city where the Pope made his visit last year.

Toronto Tom has about 75 people from Doug's board taking over a downtown Howard Johnson's hotel for a giant party with a group rate of 170 CAN for 2 nights.
There's some more rooms still and all are welcome.

150,000 t-shirts have been ordered by Michael Cohl for the show.

This will be, in all likelyhood, the last North American show of the Licks tour.

It will also be, in all likelyhood, the largest concert in Canadian history and quite possibly the largest
Rolling Stones concert in history. It may top Hyde Park.
That said, prepare to be hardcore so you are not 400 yards away from the stage.
(personally, I'd be happy to be within 50 yards)

Microsoft has agreed to webcast the show and there are some tv deals in the works.

Security will be tight but one thing they won't do is search your cigarette pack for joints.

There will be a quarter-mile long hamburger, & steak cookout to promote Canadian beef.

There will be beer on sale.

The Stones will play a full show and not an abbriviated festival set.

It will probably take you an hour just to walk in and two hours to leave at the end.

Don't bother driving to show, take public transit or park, like, three miles away.

It will be fucking insane.

06-19-03 09:03 PM
Joey " This will be, in all likelyhood, the last North American show of the Licks tour. "

< ---------You make Joey sad .

You said it my friend ........................so much for the " Black Box " Cure

Sloooooooowly I reach for the needle again .....................

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

Smmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack !

" Penned by a Hack in the Palisades Ronnie "

Hacky !

06-20-03 12:16 AM
gypsy Joey, did you visit my recommended website yet? There are so many MacGuyver-type guys giving out recipes for making your own synthetic cocaine and other various drugs.

www.hoste.com
06-20-03 12:45 AM
Sir Stonesalot Uhhhhhh....

It may be more fun to just go to Toronto and NOT go to the show. I fucking hate those big stupid festival things. I swore after the last big festival thing I went to (Lolapalooza, the one with Jane's, Nine Inch Nails, and Red Hot Chili Peppers), that I'd never go to another one. Festivals suck, plain & simple. I'm too fucking old for that kind of shit. I don't want to hike anywhere, I don't want to sit on hot asphalt, I don't want to have to sit through 10 or 15 bands that I could care less about, I don't want to be a half mile from the stage, I don't want 200,000 drunks sweating and peeing on me, I don't want to pay $45.00 for a bottle of warm water and a cold hot dog, I don't want to make a 5 hour journey back to my bed after the gig.

This sounds like a HUGE fucking headache. I really have my doubts about this.
06-20-03 07:40 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
150,000 t-shirts have been ordered by Michael Cohl for the show.

This morning on Q107 (Toronto radio station) they talked briefly about the Exile On Main St. show last night at the Phoenix (which was incredible!!) and info got through that 180,000 tees with the Stones, U2 and Rush as names prepared for pressing. They had yet to learn about Cheryl being off the bill.
06-20-03 08:25 AM
nankerphelge Thanks PT and LB -- sounds great!

Hey FPM - you going?
If so, are you bringing that grumpy old man nearby!!
Don't let him forget his Fixodent....
06-20-03 10:25 AM
Factory Girl LOL Sir Stonesalot-I'm with you on festivals. Just lemme see my band, damnit!

I don't even care for opening acts unless they're AIC or the Strokes.

That was one of the best shows I've ever seen-AIC opening for Iggy at Hammerjacks in Baltimore in 1990.
06-20-03 11:42 AM
Lazy Bones Thanks to Sharon for the email. Reported, just, on Q107 that the show is at Downsview on the 29th! Awaiting source of confirmation...
06-20-03 01:59 PM
polytoxic Sir Stonesalot, I couldn't agree with you more about large festivals.
However, it's THE ROLLING FUCKING STONES!

You see, I have no choice in this. I must be there.

Love makes you do funny things.
06-20-03 02:05 PM
LadyJane What's the deal with the date? Does anyone know if it's the 29th or the 30th?

LadyJ.
06-20-03 04:43 PM
scope
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
What's the deal with the date? Does anyone know if it's the 29th or the 30th?

LadyJ.

Where did you see something about the 29th? Everything I read always said the 30th. Maybe people were talking about arriving on the 29th to 'get properly prepared'.
06-21-03 05:40 PM
LadyJane Here's the latest, boys and girls!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Stones pledge to play benefit in Toronto on July 30
Docklands concert aims to help economy

Band hopes to `bring back the energy'

CHRISTOPHER HUTSUL
ENTERTAINMENT REPORTER

The Rolling Stones will play a SARS benefit concert in Toronto on July 30, Mick Jagger has confirmed.

The Star was shown video footage yesterday in which Jagger, standing with his bandmates, confirmed their participation in the show. The tape is to be played at a news conference next week.

"We're happy to tell you that we're coming to play on July 30 in a great concert for the people in the city of Toronto, to help bring back the energy to our favourite city," Jagger said in a message taped on the set of a Stones show in Munich. He wrapped up by thanking those who've facilitated the event."We want to say thank you to everyone who's helped to make the show possible: the province of Ontario, the city of Toronto, special thanks to the ministry of tourism, Alan Rock, and our sponsors, Molson's."

The free concert, designed to rejuvenate a flailing entertainment economy in the wake of SARS, had been discussed for weeks by MP Dennis Mills (Toronto-Danforth).

Mills and Senator Jerry Grafstein have spent recent weeks trying to dredge up private and public support for the concert's $10 million price tag.

Grafstein has said the concert will take place on the city's docklands, so the downtown skyline will be visible behind the stage.

============================================================

LadyJ.
06-22-03 12:16 PM
Toronto Tom Also joining the STones will be

Bon Jovi

And

John Cougar Melancamp

WE will know much more on Monday.

ON the Day before the show at some appointed time there will be a group of us that all head down to the show. Love to see everyone join in this group from all boards. UNITY.

The Hotel we are staying at is the HO JO and there is still lots of rooms. Feel free to join us send me your email so I can update you as to what time we will meet to go to the show together. A group will be way more fun for over 24 hours then alone.

-----------------------------------------------------

Anyone who has booked with LOdging.com please call the hotel to confirm they got your reservation just to be safe the direct number is. 1-416-9213142.

The HO JO has 38 rooms left. IF you book on the online site for the cheaper rate it takes a couple days to be confirmed by the hotel. IF you do book online I almost suggest you call hotel direct book room then book online once ONline is confirmed cancel the direct bookign at the hotel.

After Tomorrow I am sure those 38 rooms will be gone fast and prices will go way up.

80 rooms in this hotel so right now we must have most the hotel. Lets take the entire thing

06-22-03 06:17 PM
LadyJane And yet another delay in the official announcement!!

By Rob Granatstein -- Toronto Sun

Satisfaction has been a long time coming, but it appears the Rolling Stones' SARS concert will finally be announced this week.

Liberal MP Dennis Mills said an announcement of the July 30 concert, slated for Downsview Park, will be held Tuesday morning at Yonge-Dundas Square.

The concert, produced by House of Blues, will feature Mick Jagger and the boys, along with other bands, Mills said.

Concert planners are getting help to bring in people from all over the world from Air Canada, and the American and Great Canadian Motor Coach Associations.

They also hope Alberta Premier Ralph Klein will come for the world's largest ever barbecue of Canadian beef, to help that industry hurt by mad cow disease.__________
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LadyJ.
06-23-03 01:43 AM
tumbling_dice Another delay? Sigh. Well, I guess after waiting this long one more day won`t be bad.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003