ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: So? What's the deal with Toronto? Return to archive Page: 1 2
06-16-03 04:43 PM
nankerphelge I have a buzz to start crafting....

06-16-03 04:47 PM
Joey I don't know Nanky , but it is like I have been mentioning to everyone :

SARS and MONKEYPOX are for Pussies !

Uncle Morty's tonight ??????????

Jacky !
06-16-03 05:02 PM
nankerphelge MMmmmmm Uncle Morty's.

Maybe for a just a couple!
06-16-03 05:06 PM
Joey " MMmmmmm Uncle Morty's.

Maybe for a just a couple! '

Ok , see you there ..........................and now , THIS :

Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jack Jo Jo Joe Jacky

Jacky !

06-16-03 06:17 PM
LadyJane Weren't we supposed to hear news today?

Where are our Canadian Members?

Please update us!!!

LadyJ.
06-16-03 06:18 PM
Miss U. Later in the week, dahlings!! The Stones are set.
06-16-03 08:42 PM
Lazy Bones Originally the press conference was supposed to be today at 2:00pm, local. This morning I heard on Q107 (Toronto), that the press conference will be "later this week"..."possibly tomorrow, at the earliest". Right now, the "apparent" set back is determining location (Downsview or Portlands) - again!
06-17-03 09:38 AM
nankerphelge Reminds me of the scene in Gimme Shelter where the radio announcer is talking about how hard it is apparently to hold a free concert.

This has all the right ingredients:

All day festival with Stones headlining!
Middle of summer!
Beautiful city!
Chiba legal!
Plenty of good beer!

Just add Rocks Off and you have a perfect ASS gathering!!!

"SARS is indeed for pussies, Ronald"

06-17-03 10:18 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
This has all the right ingredients:
Plenty of good beer!

I've heard that Molson is one of the large sponsors. Thus, "good beer"...I don't think so. Stop off at the Beer Store once across the border and pick up anything non Labatts or Molson. I highly recommend Moosehead if you're the kind of person that will pay a few more bucks for a much better beer. Sleemans, Keith's or Brick (my hometown brewery) will do the trick, too.

06-17-03 10:24 AM
scope Sorry guys, I was away for an extended weekend. Nanky - My daughter graduated, so we had to say farewell to ole Schenectady.

So what IS the deal here. With the assumption that the show goes on, what are the days everyone is planning to stay in Toronto? Not only does it matter for getting reservations at a hotel, but also for how much shit I'm going to have to put up from the wife.
06-17-03 11:09 AM
nankerphelge Hey scope -- congrats on getting the daughter outta that money pit in Schenectady!! Time to earn a living sweetie! Although it's a damn good school to be from!!

I would suggest at least a couple of days there -- this has ASS written all over it!!!

And Moosehead is some of my favorite head LazyBones!!!
And for us Stateside folk, not all Molson is bad compared to some of the ball-sweat they bottle down here! I like the Export Ale just fine! Labatts I was always so-so on.

Hell, let's try 'em all!!!!!!

The key to avoiding SARS is to not give it a solid breeding ground -- alcohol-filled blood and chiba-filled lungs is a damn good start!!!!

06-17-03 01:05 PM
Joey " The key to avoiding SARS is to not give it a solid breeding ground -- alcohol-filled blood and chiba-filled lungs is a damn good start!!!! "

Oh Hell Nanky , you are on quite a roll this week .

Don't tell anyone , but I have got my eye on your material .

JACKY !

06-17-03 01:32 PM
nankerphelge Joey I have a big ol' bag of material for ya -- just get to Toronto on 7/30!

06-17-03 02:19 PM
Joey " Joey I have a big ol' bag of material for ya -- just get to Toronto on 7/30! "

Don't tempt me my brother .....................don't tempt me .

I am absolutely DYING for a Stones Fix .

" Slam Me Ronnie "

JACKY !

06-17-03 02:50 PM
nankerphelge I have to tempt you.

<---------- I'm the devil, see!

I have just a little over a month to tempt all my fellow ROers to head to Toronto like lemmings to the sea! I see Doug's Board now has T-shirts printed for the occasion.

By my count here we have a couple of definites, a handful of maybes, a disturbing number of people who haven't even tried (you know who you are), some SARS pussies, and maybe a sheep or two if Pammy comes thru.

I find the lack of committment disturbing.
06-17-03 02:54 PM
Miss U. Come on over!!!

I am definitely gonna be there, and I haven't met any of you(well, except for Lazy Bones!)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stonestoronto/

06-17-03 03:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm trying bro. I'm trying.

I'll know more by the weekend.

SARS is for pussies. And SS ain't no pussy.
06-17-03 03:24 PM
Joey " some SARS pussies, and maybe a sheep or two if Pammy comes thru. "

<------- did you say " SARS Pussies ???? "

I hear ya little buddy .................SARS IS for pussies and MonkeyPox CAN be fun .

Sheep , like Pammy , are quite beautiful , very demure , have tremendous inner self confidence and a nice air of aristocracy .

J.
06-17-03 04:41 PM
Stonesdoug maybe this can tempt some of you
Likely supporting acts

Sheryl Crow
Kid Rock
Bryan Adams
Guess Who
Rush and
U2
Press conference Thursday
06-17-03 04:49 PM
Moonisup u2?????????????????

06-17-03 04:57 PM
nankerphelge Thank you Doug
Thank you very much!
06-17-03 05:45 PM
Nellcote Please, no Macca. Let him tend to his new missus....
06-17-03 07:39 PM
nankerphelge He's a pussy -- SARS'll keep him away!

Not us RO types -- no siree!
We're gonna run to the border.

Sure hope to run into a couple of them Canadian "superspreaders" I been hearing about!!!

You gotta pay alot of money here in the States for that kind of entertainment!!!!

06-17-03 07:44 PM
Boomy I would love make it to Toronto for this thang. But, um, I have this thing that people call "work". I'm afraid that this will stop my ass from taking the Lumina Z-34 up to the land of the Blue Jays, Raptors, and Maple Leafs.
06-17-03 09:20 PM
telecaster If not us, who? If not late July then, when? Never

Now is the time, this is the place

I am bringing industrial amounts of Makers Mark (bourbon)
and a barrelfull of prariedogs.

This will be a "remember when" for all of us

06-17-03 09:58 PM
nankerphelge Tele, I just know that you and I are gonna get arrested.

I'm not happy about it, but if it's gotta happen, I'm glad it'll be with you!

Not to worry I have my lil AAA coupons for bail bonds!!

We are golden!

06-18-03 12:32 AM
Sir Stonesalot It looks like I just might make this work after all....

Nank, Tele...it will be a pleasure sharing a cell with you. I must remember not to drop the soap.
06-18-03 01:59 AM
MarthaMyDear SS, I would like to nuzzle you...

What's it all about... JackIE?!?!?! CRACKING-UP!!! God, things get strange here at night!!! CRACKING-UP!!! lol......................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
06-18-03 10:39 AM
Joey " Nank, Tele...it will be a pleasure sharing a cell with you. I must remember not to drop the soap. "

I wish I could be there with you my Brothers , but I am going to have to pass -- Gonna hope and pray the Stones come back to the states in 2004 and hit all of the MidWestern Cities they missed ( and DENVER , MSG , Chicago , LA again -- YES ! )

Developing ...........................

Jacky !
06-18-03 10:43 AM
nankerphelge C'mon Joey -- remember Cleveland??!!
We convinced you!

You know those Canadian sheep -- they like 3-somes!!!!

Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003