ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: For The Record... Return to archive
06-16-03 10:51 AM
Soul Survivor I saw this 5 disc DVD package at the store the otherday. I was a little hesitant about buying it because it says its unauthorized by the stones. So my question is....

Is it any good? and what exactly is it?
06-16-03 12:16 PM
Nellcote Some will say it's rubbish, as it has no Stones music..
There is always comparisons to 25X5, which of course has
official footage, music, etc...
IMHO, it does compliment any Stones fan's collection of items, as it contains interviews with those who were there, as well as containing video footage. In some sequences, music from esoteric Stones releases is heard in the background. I've not been dissatisfied with owning it.

The Stones missed the boat in not commissioning Wyman to issue an official item, as it could have been the definitive release on the band, given Wyman some credibility from his omnipresent snide remarks, as well as some $$ in his pocket for his growing family...
06-17-03 07:40 AM
gypsymofo60 I taped it off the box, so my disapointment with content was minimal. Mind, if I was none the wiser, and had shelled out the readies for this set my disapointment would have been greater. And there I think you have a fairly accurate summation on the set. In other words if,(like me), you still own and utilise that antiquated electronic device known as the VCR, wait until MusicMax or one of the other cable channels replay it as I'm sure they will.
06-19-03 01:14 AM
corgi37 Gypsy, your hunch is spot on. MusicMax is indeed replaying it RIGHT NOW. Well, not as i type, but every Sunday night. Last Sunday was the 70's. My opinion on this doco is that it is very informative and amusing. The lack of stones music is a bummer, but some of the footage is priceless, and certainly there is stuff i have never seen. But, I wouldnt pay for it. If overseas people are thinking of buying it, i'd probably suggest ebay or somtething and get it cheap. But, when oh when, is there going to be any official dvd's from the band? Pretty meagre pickings at the moment. Though i own it, its even getting difficult to get b2b on dvd here in Melbourne.
06-19-03 03:04 AM
gypsy I feel like a sucker for paying $50 for that 5-DVD set. It wasn't worth it. I heard you can buy the set in Australia for $15.
For my money, 25X5 was well worth the $5.00 I spent on it on ebay.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003