ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Circus Krone, Munich - June 8th - Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
06-08-03 09:16 PM
steel driving hammer Was Keith on piano on Nearness Of You?
06-08-03 09:20 PM
steel driving hammer
06-08-03 09:38 PM
FM >Was Keith on piano on Nearness Of You?

Betcha he was on something !!!!!!!!

Fraser

"Just love those laser guided bombs
They're really great for righting wrongs
You hit the target and win the game
From bars 3,000 miles away"

06-08-03 10:18 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Aggghhh!

Soooooo damnnnn cooool...

Ending with "I Can't Turn You Loose"...

According to a reviewer at IORR, Ronnie's solo on "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" was so good that Darryl hugged him at the end of the song.

-tSYX --- I gotta gotta gotta... nevah gonna turn ya loose...
06-09-03 12:50 AM
T&A I wonder if Bobby Keyes does that nice sax solo like he did on the '77 Keith duet on Nearness...wouldn't that be sweet!

Also - betcha that Nearness is the next Stones video to be posted on rs.com....betcha, betcha...
06-09-03 01:30 AM
Child of the Moon Nearness of You! How's THAT for a fucking unconfirmed Keith ballad? I hope those who whined about it beforehand are kicking themselves!
06-09-03 05:30 AM
fmk438j I just read Bjornulf's review. Must truly have been an amazing show.

To see see mick at the piano on Worried about you - Marko must have flipped.
06-09-03 06:35 AM
RubyFriday After a night with no sleep I went to the airport at 7 and now I`m back home and still -of course- under the impression of this incredible show.After the gig I changed my clothes and went to the marvelous rennbahn pub(where Stones fans from all over the world spent some great evenings),to meet some guys who had been also at Krone.One dutch fan,who saw them at Paradiso,Shepherd�s Bush,Tower and Enmore - said, it was the best show he had ever seen.I must say first,it was sooo incredible hot inside the building,you can�t imagine.After the show I was so wet....I would have been drier if you had thrown me into the north sea.The WHOLE band was in an unbelievable playing mood.Mick playing piano on Worried about you - the crowd went nuts,fantastic solo from Darryl,Keith with his black guitar playing The Nearness of you,Bobby got an extra ovation on CYHMK.....and Ronnie ,too....Charlie was celebrated by the people,so that Mick went with the mike to him and HE SAID sth to the crowd ! Couldn�t understand what,but does it matter ?There was a never seen (at least not from me) interaction between the crowd and band that was near ecstasy.For me ,the highlight was Thats how strong my love is,played with such an intensity I didn�t here on the 2002 boots.I liked even Going to a gogo,which isn�t one of my favourites.And the fantastic set was closed with an even fantastic I Can't Turn You Loose ,which seemed to never end.
If you take the setlist,the venue,the crowd ....everything was perfect.....except the heat,but maybe it was also the heat inside which made it become an incredible show.As you can see by my "review",I�m still not able to bring any order in my thoughts .....maybe I must get some sleep now
06-09-03 07:52 AM
montana hahahaha ruby i told ya that's how strong...was a kick ass!!!! and you never believed me!!!!! LOL
it's great to hear you had A WONDERFULLL TIME there :-) hope to hear more things about the show

lour
06-09-03 07:58 AM
fmk438j
quote:
RubyFriday wrote:
Charlie was celebrated by the people,so that Mick went with the mike to him and HE SAID sth to the crowd ! Couldn�t understand what,but does it matter ?

Bjornulf didn't hear what Charlie said either.

Did anyone?

He might of said something profound and no one caught it!

"Hello everyone, it's hot in here isn't it? Oh and by the way, I had an intimate love affair with Brian."
06-09-03 08:07 AM
Monkey Woman Awesome! Thanks to all for the review, pics and setlist! Those club shows are really something else... Can't wait for the Olympia. *Sigh*
And Mick's very cute in purple!
06-09-03 08:30 AM
stonedinaustralia marko - where are you???? - i'm dying out here - i must have your version of events without delay - i want them here and i want them now!!!

goddamit man - pull yourself together and report asap...

mick on piano!!??

"nearness of you"??!!

it's all going over the top...
06-09-03 09:33 AM
steel driving hammer From IORR!

Mick is sitting in on an electric piano. Just a few feet away from me, on the left side of the stage. He is singing this fantatic falsetto voice: "Sometimes I wonder Why...". His face is making all these mimics. Then more falsetto. Then up-tempo. His voice have never sounded better. Then he leaves the piano, Blondie takes over, and Mick is grabbing a white towel. He moves to center stage, as he starts swinging the towel like a south american football fan is swinging his T-shirt. Then he is throwing it, not into the crowd, of course, but back onto the stage. The crowd is all wild by now, and I am sweating like crazy.

Keith got an even bigger ovation. It would never end. Eventually he said something like: "You bastards", with a great smile, "I have a show to do!". Then he said he would do a song from 1941. And he did "The Nearness of You", the one I told you about which they did at the rehearsals in the Olympiahalle on Tuesday - the day before the tour start. And it sounded great! Why hide away this beautiful ballad for so long? Now we got it - time for others to get it too!

"You Bastards" LOL!!

Would of loved to have seen Marko's face!
06-09-03 09:52 AM
steel driving hammer Durring the last song, from IORR...

"The song ended, it started up again, Mick left the stage at the end to towel off. But the band started it up yet again, and he returned to the stage like a victorious athlete taking a victory lap. It was a seminal moment as he jumped up and down on the spot towel in hand, singing the chorus, while the sweaty crowd on the floor surged ever forward to hail the all-conquering hero."

Incredible ain't it?
06-09-03 11:03 AM
Nasty Habits 13 Rolling Stones CDs in my mailbox today from Sir Stonesalot, and then to get to read that setlist this morning. What a fine day to be alive and love the Rolling Stones.

Ruby Friday, that was a righteous description of the show!

06-09-03 11:26 AM
steel driving hammer I'd really like to see some pictures of the RO members etc just hanging out side the stadium/venues or just in the streets, in the bars, in the kitchens and in the cars!
06-09-03 11:47 AM
stonedinaustralia yes, thanks 505 (or is that RF)- and thanx sdh for marko once removed

hey nasty habits!!

"rock and roll is in the road again" - bobby keys circa '72

here's to hoagy

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
06-09-03 11:57 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
RubyFriday wrote:
...except the heat,

it was the heat - that's why you loved it!!
06-09-03 12:02 PM
KeepRigid Nearness of You.
06-10-03 10:22 AM
Hand of Fate I've been back in England for 24 hours now and I still can't get this show out of my head, was disapointed with the stadium show on friday but this was the best show I have ever been too. I wasn't really a fan of worried about you but after this gig it has become near enough my alltime fav stones song. I was lucky enough to get passes to an aftershow party downtown after the show where I talked to some of the crew and then MICK turned up, was amazing to have him stood next to me. ROLL ON UTRECHT!!
06-12-03 11:34 AM
Micksgirl That's great. Did you get to talk to Mick. Were the other Stones there also? Tell us more!
06-12-03 06:19 PM
Hand of Fate Mick was the only stone who turned up, didn't get to speak to him as he was surrounded by people! The party was cool, free drink and food.
06-19-03 08:13 AM
rosanna2000 hi, do you know the setlist from the olympiastadinon munich??
thanks best wishes markus
06-19-03 02:15 PM
erikjjf Munich Olympiastadion:

Brown Sugar
You Got Me Rocking
Start Me Up
Don't Stop
Rocks Off
Wild Horses
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Bitch
Tumbling Dice
--- Introductions
Slipping Away
Happy
Sympathy For The Devil
Little Red Rooster (B-stage)
It's Only Rock'n Roll (B-stage)
Midnight Rambler (B-stage)
Gimme Shelter
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fighting Man
Satisfaction
Jumping Jack Flash (encore)
06-20-03 08:19 AM
marko Krone was the best SHOW ever i have witnessed,,and probaply
the show they never done!Best Ronnie era show,definetily!
They must work HARD to even top themselves after this show.
It was better than the best.
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003