ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

The New barbarians Backstage - May 1979?
or The Emotional Rescue Sessions - Compass Point Studios, Nassau February 1979 ??
By Henry Diltz

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Golden Earring Return to archive
06-19-02 04:42 PM
L&A Via mutual friends from Holland, I had recently contacts with the boys from Golden Earring. They gave me CD's, pictures, signed covers... It was great even if I didn't know them really before, except the hit from the 70's Radar Love...

Do you know them in your respective countries ? And what's your impression about them ?

It seems they are, together with the Stones, the oldest R'nR band in the world still playing !
06-19-02 04:55 PM
egon hi!

yes, i do know golden earring (i'm dutch), and think they made some great music.
if you have to name one dutch band that comes (somewhat) close to the stones it's them.
like the stones, they are very good live as well.
i can recommend the live cd "something heavy' goin down"
if you want to order something online, try this dutch site; http://www.nl.bol.com.

quote:
L&A wrote:
Via mutual friends from Holland, I had recently contacts with the boys from Golden Earring. They gave me CD's, pictures, signed covers... It was great even if I didn't know them really before, except the hit from the 70's Radar Love...

Do you know them in your respective countries ? And what's your impression about them ?

It seems they are, together with the Stones, the oldest R'nR band in the world still playing !

06-19-02 06:04 PM
Mathijs The Golden Earing is from The Hague, Holland, and started somewhere in 1965 I believe. They hit it big with "Radar Love", and started touring the US in 1975. The connection with the Stones is: Peter Rudge, who was the tourmanager for both bands in 1975. The Earing was invited at a Stones backstage party in Chicago in 1975, where according to the Earing singer Barry Hay Jagger gave him the biggest compliment of his life: Jagger danced to Radar Love. Rudge tried to let the Earing open for the Stones on the 1975 tour, but -I guess- due to the Earing being a new band on the US market, that never happenend. The Earing find themselves broke after their 1975 tour, and they did not have any international succes accept for a minor US hit in 1984 with "Twillight Zone". They still do live shows in Holland and Germany, and they are still known as the "Dutch Rolling Stones".

Mathijs
06-19-02 06:12 PM
nankerphelge When the bullet hits the bone!

Yeah -- I love GE -- great road trip music -- Radar Love at 90 mph is awesome.
06-19-02 09:56 PM
Fiji Joe A little honesty here please...In the U.S., Golden Earring are largely known in skating rinks and convalescent homes...their music is as skateable frontwards as it is backwards...Plus, for those recovering from major jaw surgery, Golden Earring's music has been clinically proven to aid in the swallowing of mashed potatoes and apple sauce...Please refrain from lumping one-hit wonders such as GE with the Stones or I will taunt you a second time...it's the Stones damnit!!! Not the Monkeys!!!
06-19-02 10:30 PM
nanky You want honesty -- how's this -- that avatar makes me want to puke -- dude needs a bra. Hope it ain't you Joe -- if it is, sorry about the bra thing.
06-20-02 04:07 AM
L&A Thanks for all info ! Mathijs, you're talking about Twillight Zone, and the version on the unplugged CD - The Naked Truth - is nice.
Anyway, it seems they have success again, considering the house with pool George Kooimans owns here in Belgium
06-20-02 04:10 AM
L&A btw, Joe and Nanky, you're really incorrigible
06-20-02 06:01 AM
RubyFriday I think,the only dutch band with Stones-standard was Cuby & The Blizzards,who made some beautiful albums in the 60�s.Though being more a Blues Band.
06-20-02 09:33 AM
F505 Wrong! The one and only Dutch Rolling Stones are the Bintangs. They also started in 1962 and played Chuck Berry covers for a long time. I've seen them recently in Paradiso where they celebrated their 40th anniversary!

But let's be honest: the Earring, Cuby or the Bintangs can't stand in the shadow of the Stones. For Dutch standards they're doing well. But compared to the Stones they're very mediocre. By the way: who has heard the amazing version of Mothers Little Helper from Arno (Hintjes) former lead singer of (Belgian) TC Matic? The track is on his latest cd.
06-20-02 01:49 PM
L&A Hey, T505, you're talking about one of the best thinks issued from Belgium: Arno. Of course, he is great, and I'm happy that Arno and TC Matic have reached beyond Belgium !
06-20-02 04:08 PM
F505 You're right L&A, but I'm from holland so it isn't that difficult for me to know Arno. But I believe he is a megastar in France right?
06-20-02 11:43 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew Golden Earring could use a good manager. I'll throw my name in the ring.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road