ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

The New barbarians Backstage - May 1979?
or The Emotional Rescue Sessions - Compass Point Studios, Nassau February 1979 ??
By Henry Diltz

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just in: 40 X 20 - The 40th Anniversary Exhibition Return to archive
06-19-02 11:52 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl GOOD NEWS!

This is something to watch! Yesterday Fernando Aceves invited me to a great exhibition to be held in Washington DC from September 20 to October 26. So those of you who will be attending the DC area shows, take a look. If someone wants to attend the inauguration please send me an e-mail.

A great high quality book will be published and it will be a must for any collector, as it will have photos from the early years to date.

Just imagine, the 1963 tour, the beggars banquet sessions, the Satanic sessions and the backstage photos at MSG 1969 by Eddie Kramer, all tours, some studio sessions, and all by the some of best rock photographers ever.

40 X 20

FORTIETH ANNIVERSARY EXHIBITION

Govinda Gallery is pleased to announce a major exhibition of photographs celebrating the fortieth anniversary of the Rolling Stones. Organized to coincide with The Stones fortieth anniversary tour, this exhibition features a selection of exceptional photographs documenting one of the most influential and enduring musical groups of the twentieth century.

Beginning with Gus Coral�s photographs of the Rolling Stones� first tour of England, 40 X 20 traces the band�s development through such key periods as Gered Mankowitz�s Between the Buttons photographs, Michael Cooper�s Satanic Majesties era images, Michael Joseph�s Beggar�s Banquet session, and Dominique Tarl�s photographs of their work in the south of France recording Exile on Main Street.

Along with Fernando Aceves, William Coupon, Barry Feinstein, Claude Gassian, Bob Gruen, Art Kane, Eddie Kramer, Chris Makos, Jan Olofsson, Michael Putland, Ethan Russell, Mark Seliger, Dick Waterman, and Baron Wolman's extraordinary photographs, this exhibition comprises a stunning look at the greatest of rock & roll bands.

The Rolling Stones: 40 X 20 opens September 20 and continues through October 26, 2002.

Govinda Gallery
1227 Thirty Fourth Street NW
Washington DC 20007
http://www.govindagallery.com
06-19-02 12:00 PM
Lazy Bones Take it on the road!
06-19-02 01:41 PM
mattb I agree. I hope it comes to Boston!
06-19-02 11:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It's a good idea but not easy to do. I think that maybe it will be also somewhere in the UK in 2003.

I will make a space for the event with photos by each of the 20 photographers.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road