ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

The New barbarians Backstage - May 1979?
or The Emotional Rescue Sessions - Compass Point Studios, Nassau February 1979 ??
By Henry Diltz

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Covers Return to archive
06-18-02 12:57 PM
Lazy Bones For those that haven't looked through here, take a peak. There are some odd surprises.
I must say, Twisted Sister doing It's Only Rock n' Roll is, let's say, twisted.

http://www.netaxs.com/~rzepelaa/undercover/covertit.html#116
06-18-02 02:42 PM
Mr T is this your site? I have another addition - I have a CD of Hendrix doinf Satisfaction(not the best version ever) I think the CD is pretty rare, but not bootleg(i THINK)

And NO, I didn't search thru that entire list - just popped into my head that was one more.

I like Soundgarden's version of Stray Cat Blues
[Edited by Mr T]
06-18-02 02:45 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Mr T wrote:
is this your site?

No. I acquired the link through the Rocks Off wetpage.
06-18-02 03:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl There's a bunch of covers missing in that list, if you want an updated list check Nico Zentgraf's website here http://www.nzentgraf.de/books/covers/covers1.htm

I have that version of Jimi playing Satisfaction, in a three LP set. It was with Curtis Knight, so it must be under Knight, Curtis as it was the proper credit back then when Jimi was changing from band to band, before going solo.

Jimi is just playing guitar in that cover, he tought his voice (and accent) wouldn't be accepted. Linda Keith (Keith Richards girlfriend back in 1966) was the one who recommend Jimi to sing in addition to play guitar.
06-18-02 03:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, that list only includes covers released officialy, many other covers are played live but not released, the best in this list for me would be Paint it Black by Patti Smith.

Here we posted a message by Patti Smith requesting votes for tracks to be included in her new anthology "Land" but since that song is property of ABKCO Records it couldn't be included. What a pity!
06-18-02 04:53 PM
Honky Tonk Man That MC5 cover of "Empty Heart" is on skateboarding game on the Playstation. However, crap game and a crap song

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road