ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

The New barbarians Backstage - May 1979?
or The Emotional Rescue Sessions - Compass Point Studios, Nassau February 1979 ??
By Henry Diltz

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Get Satisfaction Return to archive Page: 1 2
06-13-02 08:19 AM
Ken Let's tell them how we feel

With the help of Debbie, Stephen and other unnamed helpers
from Undercover we managed to put together an online Petition. I'll circulate this on the various Stones boards for a couple of weeks. Then at some point I'll convert it to a hard copy and send it off to Clear Channel, The Stones and Michael Cohl. Let's see if they at least care enough to respond?

You might want to include "your order # " *not* _your confirmation #_in the comment field.

I realize not everyone feels the same way but I just felt that a voice needs to be heard. Just for the record I haven't been screwed. I was lucky enough to get a theatre ticket (I think).

You wont be able to view others signatures until this is completed. At that time I'll post the whole form on my website.

Get Satisfaction
http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/GetSatisfaction/

www.kenkeppol.com
06-13-02 08:38 AM
mattb This moaning and whining is getting boring. If you did not like the set-up before deciding to utilize the get acess or fan club sites, you should not have used these ticket purchasing methods. I read all the web pages carefully and chose not to use these ticket purchasing methods. How about accepting some responsibility for your decisions?
06-13-02 08:56 AM
Nellcote Right on Matt B. Why don't these people take their rattle,
pacifier and blanket back to where they came from.
Sure, I feel the whole event could have been handled differently, dump Sam Greedy, etc, but guess what, it's over! Move forward. I would not doubt that these folks will go so far as to stage a protest at some of the shows.
Like I said yesterday, on another thread, let these folks
sell their RS.COM tickets for the price they paid, go rent Stones DVD, smoke a few spliffs, have a real great time.
Those of us that paid the legal juice, will go to the shows, have a great time.

06-13-02 09:04 AM
Ken
quote:
mattb wrote:
This moaning and whining is getting boring. If you did not like the set-up before deciding to utilize the get acess or fan club sites, you should not have used these ticket purchasing methods. I read all the web pages carefully and chose not to use these ticket purchasing methods. How about accepting some responsibility for your decisions?

Matt,
You obviously didn't read the petition.

Let's see I sign up for scam greedy pay a none refundable
$60 to join. Then when the sale is supposed to start there
servers can't handle the traffic and 6 hours later when they finally get going in full swing the theatre tickets are basically gone. Just were did you read that was going to happen before you decided not to join? This is just one example.
Why don't you at least read what your commenting on before you go off half cocked?

http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/GetSatisfaction/
06-13-02 09:08 AM
mattb If you aren't smart enough to know technology can screw up, get off the internet.
06-13-02 09:11 AM
Cardinal Ximinez I don't have a problem in the world with this petition....I ain't gonna sign it, but I think this may be a good outlet for people who feel they have been wronged to get a little "feel better"...

And then maybe they'll quit griping about it here.
06-13-02 09:14 AM
Ken
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Right on Matt B. Why don't these people take their rattle,
pacifier and blanket back to where they came from.
Sure,

Nellcote,
I know I've never posted here before and you don't me.
But I'm very active in the Stones online communtities.
I love the Stones. But not to the point that I want to see the hard core fans dumped on after all these years. I'll be going to many shows and I'm very active in organizing several events surrounding the concerts.

But for the most part what has transpired with these fan
clubs is a sham. Why just take it because you love the Stones?

Ken

[Edited by Ken]
06-13-02 09:19 AM
Ken
quote:
mattb wrote:
If you aren't smart enough to know technology can screw up, get off the internet.

LMAO.....Your a genius! It's because of the technology.
I had it all wrong!
06-13-02 09:22 AM
mattb "there servers can't handle the traffic"

Your words - not mine.
06-13-02 09:22 AM
Nellcote Look Ken, I see your posts on "Tell Me", and know you are
attempting to right a wrong. Timing is everything in life.
This effort should have been more in place over a month ago, when the debacle first started. There were writers for CNN posting here who wanted to interview someone, it was on the various media outlets. Now, 30+ days later, it lives only in the minds of those who carry the Olympic torch of someone did me wrong fame. As Tony Soprano says,
forgetaboudit! Let it go! I do not think I got screwed, I knew the traffic that day, I lost a whole days worth of work, and am self employed, but guess what, It's the Stones!
My seats for one of the shows moan, for another are good.
I called Sam Greedy, attempted to battle with them, got hung up on. I used my Sam Greedy membership last week, got
GREAT SEATS for Fleet 1/13. I was lucky. The time for you
to protest effectively has come and gone. Focus your
energies on more positive matters, this is a no win. Do you really think they care? Will change your seats? They are going to boot someone else out over you and your six hours online, you have a better chance of seeing Brian Jones
on stage this fall. Let it go, man!

06-13-02 09:38 AM
torn&frayed Whining?

The only reason the promotion agents get away with this bullshit is that there's never any lack of complacent sheep out there for the wolves to feast upon. It's one thing to have to eat this bullshit - it's another to smile a big shit eating grin and say you like how it tastes... Cousin Millie says how deeeeelicious!!!

Anyone who got burned on this tour for serious dollars either through Scam Goody or The Rolling Stones Fool Club and got stuck with crappy seats has a right to be pissed and a right to react to it - (especially fans whose hard earned money has been subsidizing this band for over 20 years which I believe would include most of you on this board). Of course that would take some time and effort not to mention a little self-respect.

To anyone who thinks that people who got screwed here don't have a right to complain about it or take whatever steps they feel are necessary to make their feelings known to the band's management and promoters - I've got a Bridge to Babylon that I'd love to sell you real cheap.

06-13-02 09:43 AM
Ken
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Do you really think they care? Will change your seats?

Why do you people feel the need to argue or comment when you don't even read the original post?
I didn't get screwed. I got theatre tickets. I'm thrilled to death! But a lot of people got F*ck*d, period! Whats wrong with just letting them know? Of course they are not going to do anything. But if your not happy with the way the pre sales were handled. Take 5 seconds and put your name on it. If not fine. It's really that simple.

And when / if they tour again you can expect more of the same!
06-13-02 10:35 AM
Nellcote Ken;

Sorry, I do not have time to read this original post.
Again, WTF, the time for effective protest has come and gone. They will probably continue to use this method, as they are more than likely contractually bound to do so. Tickets got sold, and will get sold again. Aerosmith acknowledged a problem from the stage last year, when the fan club screwed up, but realize, it's not as if the Stones have a an actual fan club for all this time. The loyal Stones fans have got their tickets any way they could, and will continue to do so, with or without the fan club. Don't like it-pay juice to the scalpers. I never said you did not get tickets, all I said, 36 days later, it's over man.

06-13-02 10:51 AM
nankerphelge If these clowns didn't care enough to get the system right -- do you really think they will care about a petition? Not a chance -- they got what you want -- tickets. You got what they want - money. You opted to go through them, they got your money, you got their tickets. The fact that your expectations were higher than they should have been is not their problem.

You want to get their attention, file a lawsuit. What's your theory -- what's your damages? They didn't promise you front row -- only first dibs before the general public. You could shoot for deceptive trade practices or unfair competition or false advertising -- but they have lawyers and they will fight like crazy. You can try a class action suit -- some lawyer might take it and might just win -- but you won't get what you want (better seats) -- you might get a judgment -- but guess who'll get most of that -- the lawyers.

Good luck.
You'll need it.
06-13-02 11:34 AM
Cardinal Ximinez Well, like I said before, if this helps fans who feel like they've been screwed get a little "feel better", I'm all for it.

I think it's obvious that the pre-sale ticketing process was a fiasco. But it's also obvious that it couldn't have ended any other way! The amount of tickets available for pre-sale, especially at the club/theatre shows, was so small, that there were not enough pre-sale tickets to meet demand. The way this thing was set up guaranteed that there were going to be disappointed people. Especially with the club/theatre tickets. With the club/theatre shows, simple math shows that there were gonna be massive amounts of "ticket losers" during a pre-sale. I know it SEEMS like almost no one got pre-sale club/theatre tickets...because almost no one did! If 50,000 people are trying to get tickets to a club show, and only 1000 tickets were available for pre-sale(That's probably high for each show, it was probably more like 500) that means only about 500 people are gonna score tickets(assuming each person bought 2). That leaves 49,500(probably more) unhappy campers for each show. And since such a small fraction of people were actually successful, it seems like no one got tickets. But really, all the pre-sale tickets were sold. They fulfilled their end of the deal.

How else could this have turned out?

Compound this by having the ticket selection be no better than the public sale(I suspect Ticketmaster had a say in what was actually released for pre-sale.), and you have a prescription by disaster.

They would have been far better off by not even having a pre-sale.

Now, I don't begrudge people the right to be pissed off, and bitch about it. But when is enough, enough? It's been a constant thing for almost a whole month now. And where did it get anyone? I'm just not exactly sure what, if anything, this petition will accomplish. And what exactly do you think the Stones can actually DO about it? Not a whole hell of a lot! The tickets have already been sold, printed, and sent out, from the public sale. There is absolutely no recourse left. You will not get better seats, you will not change the way ticketing companies do business. The only thing that you may accomplish is doing in the practice of pre-sale tickets. I don't know if that's good or bad!

One last thing, the people who have caused all this mucking about are the ticket brokers, and scalpers. Ticketing companies have to try to limit the number of tickets that the brokers and scalpers get their grubby little hands on! So they come up with all these firewalls and limits...and it penalizes hopeful ticket buyers, as well as the brokers and scalpers! And honestly, these things almost never work anyhow. The broker sites still got great seats in abundance. Ebay has all sorts of tickets for sale for almost every show! So for all their "security measures", they still didn't put a stop to a damn thing. Why bother at all?
06-13-02 11:37 AM
kc152 Nothing would ever get done, if eveyone had this " why bother, nothing will get done " way of thinking. Maybe something will get done, like great seats for another show. I don't know how many people are happy & how many people are pissed. But if 50% or more people are unhappy with something with MY name on it I would try to fix it. This is surpose to be the official fan club with all 4 Stones names on it. What if Bil German was still doing it full time & he gave you seats for 350.00 or 160.00 that he called great??
06-13-02 12:04 PM
nankerphelge Your entire argument is premised on the notion that something was "wrong" with the way tickets were sold -- and my point is that it is too easy for them to say that they did exactly what they said they'd do -- give you a shot at seats before the general public -- no gaurantees of best seats, no guarantees of the seats you want (as Ximy notes - that can't happen since everyone wants the best seat). So from their perspective, they did what they said they would do, and your disappointment is because your expectations were unrealistic.

You might not like it -- you can certainly raise a stink -- you are entitled to your anger. But if you truly think it will make a difference, I think you are setting yourself up for yet another disappointment.
06-13-02 12:08 PM
Martini I think it is perfectly fine to sign and submit a petition, yell out on a street corner, or wear a placard around your neck to express whatever opinion you have, regardless of content. Freedom of speech (even that with which we disagree) is a good thing. I�m not sure if the presale was misrepresented, though. It seems to me that any floor or 100 level ticket can be construed as being a �great seat.� If people bought cheap tickets through presale, I think they could pretty much expect that their seats were not going to be on Keith Richards� amplifier. Admittedly, the advertising was vague, but that also gives them the leeway to adopt a broad interpretation as to what �great� meant. I think the lack of specificity should have made people much more cautious. In any event, the presale fee allowed people to buy a ticket before the public sale, enabling them to circumvent the hassle of standing in line while tickets are sold at a rate of several thousand per minute during the public sale. That is all the presale is about. And any large conglomeration of transactions on the internet is going to tax the server of any system, whether during presale or public sale. That is just an unfortunate fact of web transactions.
[Edited by Martini]
[Edited by Martini]
06-13-02 01:58 PM
kc152 When it comes to the definition of a great seat, anyone can argue the point. But for those people who paid 350.00 & got worse seats than someone who paid 90.00( thru the same club), it is clear something went wrong & those people should get their $ back if they want. I even heard some received seats thru the fan club with obstructed view written on them. Were their expectations too high? If the Stones hit the stage & only play 2 songs instead of 2 hours, do we just say to ourselves " Well the tix said the Stones in concert and that's what I saw, oh well"
06-13-02 02:29 PM
mattb I never saw anywhere you would get better seats buying your ticket on line, in person,over the phone, through brokers or anywhere. I did see it announced that no more than 50% of all tickets would be available through pre-sale. So that was announced ahead of time. You decided it was the method you wanted.
06-13-02 03:37 PM
Ken [quote]nankerphelge wrote:
Your entire argument is premised on the notion that something was "wrong" with the way tickets were sold -- and my point is that it is too easy for them to say that they did exactly what they said they'd do --

From the Official Press Release.

There will be a limited number of Gold Circle seats while the remaining 95% of the house will average $85 for stadium shows, $100 for arenas and all tickets for theatre/club shows will be $50.00

unquote.

Based on that would you not think that it's a reasonable expectation when buying a $350.00 Golden Circle ticket that you will be seated in the best %5 of the house?

And based on that is it not reasonable for somebody to be upset when they are sitting in the rafters at MSG for $250.00?

And based on that can't you conclude that they misrepresented the ticket allocations?

[Edited by Ken]
06-13-02 03:40 PM
luxury1 As Nellcote suggests in his post above, I will be protesting wearing a very large placard at the Orpheum show.
06-13-02 03:41 PM
Ken
quote:
Ken wrote:
[quote]nankerphelge wrote:
Your entire argument is premised on the notion that something was "wrong" with the way tickets were sold -- and my point is that it is too easy for them to say that they did exactly what they said they'd do --

From the Official Press Release.

There will be a limited number of Gold Circle seats while the remaining 95% of the house will average $85 for stadium shows, $100 for arenas and all tickets for theatre/club shows will be $50.00

unquote.

Based on that would you not think that it's a reasonable expectation when buying a $350.00 Golden Circle ticket that you will be seated in the best %5 of the house?

And based on that is it not reasonable for somebody to be upset when they are sitting in the rafters at MSG for $250.00?

And based on that can't you conclude that they misrepresented the ticket allocations?

Hell I might as well mention that not ALL theatre/club tickets were $50.00. The Tower cost $52.00.

[Edited by Ken]

06-13-02 03:55 PM
mattb Nothing to protest about. This was handled rather fairly.
06-13-02 04:39 PM
luxury1 So what. I will still be at the Orpheum with my very large placard protesting loudly.
06-13-02 04:42 PM
jb The pre-sale was handled in a very professional manner and many got extremely good seats and did not have to pay $1500 a ticket like me...
06-13-02 04:59 PM
nankerphelge Does it say anywhere that everyone getting tickets thru the club would get only the 5% Golden Circle seats? Of course not. Presumably some did -- some people here even got those seats. But once those 5% are gone, then what? Obviously they can't sell the same seat twice -- so they sell what they have.

Don't get me wrong -- it's not that I like the system -- I think it sucks -- I did a hell of a lot better when I went and stood in line like years past.

My point remains that people's expectations that this was somehow their own private ticket booth is an unreasonable expectation, and you'd have a hard time getting any relief from these people because they will tell you that they never promised you anything other than tickets before everyone else. Concievably, when they first came up with the idea, everyone could have joined the club -- and then the club would have been no different than any other ticket outlet -- same number of seats and the same number of asses to fill them.

You may not like it -- but if I'm the attorney representing these guys, you are gonna spend alot of time and money trying to prove I did something wrong -- and in the end, even if you win -- what will you get? Think they'll add another show for everyone? Think they'll kick me out of my seat so you can sit there? Hell no! You might get your money back -- (on a good day).

06-13-02 05:10 PM
luxury1 Oh, you guys are giving me a headache
06-13-02 05:16 PM
rpeter The best way to protest this would have been not to buy
buy tickets. I went through the fan club site but when I was asked
to check a box that I agree to the terms of service I did
the smart thing and tried to read the Terms. when I
was brought to a blank page I said no way. I would also never
buy anything that I did not know what it was or what the terms were and especially not buy tickets
to any concert without knowing the seat locations. It's like the
lottery or gambling, you take a chance and sometimes you win, and sometimes you don't
06-13-02 06:09 PM
Ken
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Does it say anywhere that everyone getting tickets thru the club would get only the 5% Golden Circle seats? Of course not. Presumably some did -- some people here even got those seats. But once those 5% are gone, then what? Obviously they can't sell the same seat twice -- so they sell what they have.

You may not like it -- but if I'm the attorney representing these guys, you are gonna spend alot of time and money trying to prove I did something wrong -- and in the end, even if you win -- what will you get? Think they'll add another show for everyone? Think they'll kick me out of my seat so you can sit there? Hell no! You might get your money back -- (on a good day).

No, obviously if you are paying $90 your not getting 'Golden Circle'

What it does say is that only 5% of the available tickets are 'Golden Circle' tickets. So even if one purchases the last available 'Golden Circle'($350.00) ticket they should expect to be in the best 5% of the house, right?

Would you consider section 36 row 10 the best 5% of the house at MSG? I would consider those about the best 15 or 20%. Yet people got those tickets for $350.00 + membership fees.

If you really look at everything on there website, The official press release. And they way everything has been handled SOME people really did get a raw deal. It is those people that should get some relief.

Oh and BTW a representitive from Clear Channel has now admitted that there have been some mistakes with the handling of the Fan Club. So there just might be some relief in site for some people.

The funny thing is that many of you na sayers will be lining up for rebates if anything comes of it.
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road