ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

NME Poll Winners Awards, Wembley Empire Pool, April 11, 1965
© The Associated Newspapers Archives
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: News from RS.com: Gimme all your money! Return to archive
19th June 2004 05:27 AM
Monkey Woman I just got this e-mail today:

"Check out the official Rolling Stones Fan Club renewal offers

As an existing member of the official Rolling Stones Fan Club we wanted to keep you updated on the new Fan Club membership features - and tell you about two great ways to renew your membership! Current Fan Club memberships will expire on June 29th and you will be able to renew your membership starting on June 30th.

Premium One-Year Members ($65) receive a one-year membership which includes full access to the member's only Web site - the Fan Community, Stones Archive, News and Updates from the Band and more. We are also pleased to announce RollingStones.com email! That's right - as an official Fan Club member you will now have a [email protected] email address! These addresses are only available to Fan Club members and staff - get yours today!

[OK, pretty cool.]

Premium Members will also receive the official Rolling Stones Fan Club Member DVD.

The official Rolling Stones Fan Club Member DVD features never-before seen tour footage of the Stones from around the world:

Experience the vibrant culture of India from the Stones' point of view. Check out live performance footage from their stop in India you can't watch anywhere else including killer versions of "Midnight Rambler" and "Sympathy for the Devil."
Go behind the scenes and witness the struggles the band faced while on tour in Asia during the SARS scare and how the band raised the spirits of a culture battered by the epidemic. Watch exclusive performance clips from their Hong Kong show including rocking renditions of "Angie" and "It's Only Rock 'n Roll."
Get up close and personal with each band member with intimate interviews and discussions. Go on a helicopter ride with Mick in Australia, witness what an average day with Keith would be like, go suit shopping with Ronnie in Mumbai, India and see what Charlie does to prepare for a show.
As a special treat, we have included never before seen material. Direct from the Rolling Stones' vaults, watch live performance footage of "Boogie Chillin'" with John Lee Hooker recorded in Atlantic City on Dec. 19, 1989.
Check out an online preview of the Fan Club Member DVD.

[Well, all this is already available, either on bootlegs or on the recent JLH DVD, but still it's nice.
And now of course there is also the deluxe membership...]

Platinum One-Year Members ($100) are entitled to all of the features of a Premium one-year membership plus the LICKS Commemorative Poster featuring the Jeff Koons LICKS tour art and replica signatures from the band!

[Now get this!!!]

And the biggest bonus of all - While the Rolling Stones have not confirmed concert or tour plans, as a Platinum Member of the Fan Club you will have special access to tickets (up to four tickets to any one show) should the band announce shows.

Here's how to get started: starting on June 30th, simply log into www.RollingStones.com - you will be stepped through the renewal process! Note that existing Fan Club members will be able to keep their current Rolling Stones Fan Club username and password."

OK, two things:

1) They don't loose time when it comes to pumping the fans' wallets dry!

2) They'd better announce a new album and tour soon if they want to get MY money on their Platinum membership. C'mon, boys, don't ask for payment before showing your wares...

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
19th June 2004 05:56 AM
F505 You are right Monkey Woman. Got the same mail and this time I don't fall for it anymore
19th June 2004 06:05 AM
luxury1 Oh, I already know that i will bite on this again. Even though they have the nerve the dangle old, rehashed video treats in front of us!! I want a rollingstones.com email addy. I never grow up..............
19th June 2004 06:07 AM
montana i totally agree

they better show me a new album or press conference if they want to get my money!!!

the dvd sounds cool, i watched the preview...though i would have loved more footage like "licks around the world"... but i will wait till I CERTAINLY KNOW THEY'RE ON TOUR! then yes i will pay whatever i have to pay!

keep on rolling!
19th June 2004 08:25 AM
Gazza is the platinum membership (ie the one with the chance to pre-order tickets) only available in North America, like the last one initially was?

Last time they only let members from the rest of the world take up this sort of membership after the tour left the US, so we couldnt buy tickets from them for US club shows, but anyone could buy them for shows outside the US.
19th June 2004 08:34 AM
Lavendar SAD, SAD, SAD, what are ya lookin at $500,000 to a mil?
19th June 2004 08:48 AM
montana
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Last time they only let members from the rest of the world take up this sort of membership after the tour left the US, so we couldnt buy tickets from them for US club shows, but anyone could buy them for shows outside the US.

oh yes, i almost forgot that... I hope they allow us to buy tix for US shows, because I would like to go to US next tour. I think isn't a big problem for them, it's all about money... and we, europeans and the rest of the world, deserve it as well
19th June 2004 09:14 AM
Lord Sinclair Perhaps there will be a press conference on the 29th or 30th to promote the album and tour? Don't they usually make such announcements in the summer?
19th June 2004 09:40 AM
Nellcote Bring it on!
As I tell my friends and family
I could have worse habits...
Luxy, to quote Pete Townsend,
"Don't ever grow up, it would not suit you"
19th June 2004 09:52 AM
LadyJane I'll gladly fess up the 100 bucks. There is NO WAY they'd revamp the website unless another tour was in the works. RS.COM got me the best tickets I've ever had in all my years of following the Stones.

I think we all feel that this really could be the last time...so let's go for it. Despite all the bitchin and complaining from this group, in my heart, I know we will all be deeply saddened when the day comes and there are no more shows in the works. No more Stones shows. Ever. I can't even imagine that.

Lour, I'm so happy to hear you are considering a trip to the States. MW has stated the same. I can't think of anything better than seeing MY band with MY RO family.

LJ.
19th June 2004 09:58 AM
montana oh yeah! sure i've considered, and i will do all i have to do to be there! as you said, although i dont want to think of it,...this could be the last time and I HAVE TO SEE A SHOW IN THE STATES! that's my dream. last tour i was about to go there but at the last minute i didnt go...but this time has to be different...
19th June 2004 10:26 AM
Gazza >SAD, SAD, SAD, what are ya lookin at $500,000 to a mil?

No need to be sarcastic. Its still a crappily organised and poor value fan club compared to similar efforts from other artists.
19th June 2004 10:27 AM
Martha Got the same e-mail this morning and my first thought is NO WAY IN HELL am I paying even MORE money to possibly secure tickets to ONE show ( even though Stone IS Stones). Money just doesn't grow on trees in my household. Besides, the chance that I can afford to buy two of the top tickets to any show on this next tour is unhappily VERY unlikely (unless jb buys them for me) so what good is having this option really? For me it is not worth it and frankly I cannot afford to join fanclubs.

I do remember that you were forzen out last time Gary. I also remember a lot of unhappy campers who did pay more for this option.

As Sir Stonesalot and others have said and I believe....There are ALWAYS tickets.

Ok, except for the club shows.

LadyJane, I'm still working on your b-day package. It will go out Monday. Will you be around Buffalo in early August? I'm heading through on the way to see Bob and Willie in Cooperstown and could finally meet you perhaps?!? Chris and I will stay in Lockport a day/night to visit his Aunt. Let's chat about the details. Here's my e-mail addy: [email protected]

:-)
19th June 2004 10:29 AM
Gazza >Perhaps there will be a press conference on the 29th or 30th to promote the album and tour? Don't they usually make such announcements in the summer?

yeah, if theres an album about to be released in the late summer/autumn with an imminent tour.

However, there wont be either of those for a few months yet. Its unlikely they'll be touring in 2004 and there probably wont be a new record out until around the end of the year at least. I wouldnt hold your breath!
19th June 2004 11:10 AM
luxury1 Ha--Nellcote!! I loved that quote from their induction at the R&R Hall of Fame. I say it all the time..........

Yeah, bring it on boys.........
19th June 2004 12:01 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Martha wrote:

LadyJane, I'm still working on your b-day package. It will go out Monday. Will you be around Buffalo in early August? I'm heading through on the way to see Bob and Willie in Cooperstown and could finally meet you perhaps?!? Chris and I will stay in Lockport a day/night to visit his Aunt. Let's chat about the details. Here's my e-mail addy: [email protected]

:-)

Could I possibly have the pleasure of meeting two RO'ers this summer?? First Josh, now Martha!! Most excellent news!

Sure...I'll be around. I'll e-mail you!

LJ.
19th June 2004 12:13 PM
Gimme Shelter I'll be renewing my membership, I want that DVD!!!
20th June 2004 03:04 PM
exilestones@netscape

The official Rolling Stones Fan Club Member DVD says The official Rolling Stones Fan Club Member DVD features never-before seen tour footage of the Stones from around the world:

Check out live performance footage from their stop in India you can't watch anywhere else including killer versions of "Midnight Rambler" and "Sympathy for the Devil."

Well you can watch it at my house!!! This was on India TV and everybody has it.

Watch exclusive performance clips from their Hong Kong show including rocking renditions of "Angie" and "It's Only Rock 'n Roll."

Got this at my house too since I taped it off of MTV!

Go on a helicopter ride with Mick in Australia, witness what an average day with Keith would be like, go suit shopping with Ronnie in Mumbai, India and see what Charlie does to prepare for a show.

Boaring! How about the Dirty Work filiming or Marquee 1970 or Paridisio or Brixton. What about the unused Madison Square Garden songs that weren't used in the Gimme Shelter movie?

As a special treat, we have included never before seen material. Direct from the Rolling Stones' vaults, watch live performance footage of "Boogie Chillin'" with John Lee Hooker recorded in Atlantic City on Dec. 19, 1989.

Never seen before??? We seen it in on TV and you can watch that at my house too! This fan clubs problem is it ain't a fan club since there are no fans involved with it and they don't know nothing about the Stones. Let me at the vaults and will offer some stuff that fans would want and don't have.

Platinum One-Year Members ($100) are entitled to all of the features of a Premium one-year membership plus the LICKS Commemorative Poster featuring the Jeff Koons

Jeff Koons? That's tempting!

While the Rolling Stones have not confirmed concert or tour plans, as a Platinum Member of the Fan Club you will have special access to tickets (up to four tickets to any one show) should the band announce shows.

I'm not changing my email address again!

OK. Here's a hundred bucks for a maybe. Yeah right! I paid hundereds to join this fan club already.

20th June 2004 03:05 PM
Main Offender Me too, I'm in. I'm going to just go for the cheaper one. I don't see that the extra money gets that much extra stuff. I've re-read the e-mail 100 times and it still seems like all you get is the poster and tix (IF they tour). Please tell me if I'm missing something in reading it that way!!
20th June 2004 03:19 PM
Monkey Woman "Go on a helicopter ride with Mick in Australia, witness what an average day with Keith would be like, go suit shopping with Ronnie in Mumbai, India and see what Charlie does to prepare for a show."

And that stuff is already in the RS.com website members-only area. Nothing new if you already have a membership. And everybody who bought a ticket for the Licks tour had access to that!