ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

NME Poll Winners Awards, Wembley Empire Pool, April 11, 1965
© The Associated Newspapers Archives
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: We better not get the "we had a dead-line to meet" thing From The Stones this time.......F Return to archive
19th June 2004 12:07 AM
IanBillen
I tell you one thing. The Rolling Stones better not give the "we had a dead-line to meet" slogan when reffereing to the new album if, and when it finally does arrive as they said with Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge. Geeze, Here it is coming up on the end of June and they had Charlie cancel his dates.....but for what? For the most part they could of let Charlie finish and still have gotten to the studio just as fast at the rate they are going. They have had so much time it is wearing on my patience. Not because so much we don't have it yet but because there has been no official word of when the album could possibly be released. They could of given us a few minor facts to go on like that there is an album in the making and how much work has been done on it to date generally speaking and then gave us a season as to when they look forward to releasing it. That's all I want. I don't need them to let the cat completely out of the bag. I understand that much. They better not use that line about the deadline.They could of recorded 3 albums since 97 if they would of got up and moved on it...... Too much gallivanting around the world and not enough gathering somewhere to work hard on a record if you ask me.
Ian
19th June 2004 12:19 AM
Sharp_E Ah man Jonesen for some Stonesen. I feel your pain. They are the dealers and we are the junkies.
19th June 2004 12:43 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Sharp_E wrote:
Ah man Jonesen for some Stonesen. I feel your pain. They are the dealers and we are the junkies.

Yeah, You are right. I'm hit here without some official word on something recording wise.
Ian
19th June 2004 12:47 AM
IanBillen
By the way in the original post I said they stated that for Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge they had a dead-line to meet.
I meant for Steel Wheels and Bridges is when they stated that.
They took ample time for Voodoo and it really showed. They definately delivered the goods.
You know, they haven't been this evasive and reluctant to speak about stable plans on recording and a possible release date for an album since....who knows when? Wonder why?
Ian
19th June 2004 01:40 AM
Poplar
as a wise poster on this board once said:
Chill Babies, the Stones will deliver.

19th June 2004 04:02 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

as a wise poster on this board once said:
Chill Babies, the Stones will deliver.

That sounds familiar.