ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

NME Poll Winners Awards, Wembley Empire Pool, April 11, 1965
© The Associated Newspapers Archives
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones in heat Return to archive
18th June 2004 02:34 PM
Mel Belli http://www.beggarsbanquetonline.com/tour.htm

Remember how hot it was that day? Mick in a scarf ... and look at what Keith's wearing: a flight jacket, fer chrissake! I know they were taking a "flight" and all, but I wonder, Is it considered bad fashion form for the Stones to ever appear in public wearing shorts or T-shirts?

The only time I've seen it recently was when Ronnie was caught coming out of rehab in a muscle shirt and short pants.

Is it the non-American thing - long pants all year 'round? (I was on vacation in Panama City one summer, and nobody wore shorts. In equatorial heat! I didn't even bother to take any shorts with me to Spain last summer ....)

Charlie's the only Stone who dresses for the seasons. That lightweight khaki suit is very fine.

...Slow news day ... Developing.
18th June 2004 02:40 PM
jb Thanks Sandrew...very interesting observation and I tend to agree with your analysis.
18th June 2004 04:57 PM
Jumping Jack Check out the recent pic of Keef on the beach for your answer.
18th June 2004 08:35 PM
glencar At the US OPen today, all the third world parking attendants were dressed in pants & windbreakers even though it was hazy, hot, and humid at 88 F. The American spectators were mostly wearing shorts.
18th June 2004 08:58 PM
Gazza did you go? You live near there, dont you?
18th June 2004 09:17 PM
glencar Yes. I jsut got back about an hour & a half ago. The rain held off, the players were very welcoming & the golf was pretty good.
18th June 2004 09:18 PM
glencar BTW I'm about an hour & a half away.