ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

NME Poll Winners Awards, Wembley Empire Pool, April 11, 1965
© The Associated Newspapers Archives
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones # 5 Return to archive
18th June 2004 08:22 AM
scope Saw a quick blurp on a morning news show about the most powerful people in show biz. Our boys were listed 5th behind Mel Gibson in the top spot. I don't remember the ones in between, but who cares.
18th June 2004 08:52 AM
egon i don't get these "most powerful" lists.
how do they decide this?
like, do they have to fight each other or something..?
[Edited by egon]
18th June 2004 09:10 AM
caro I heard they hold a nightly turtle race each year at Yosemite Park in order to determine that.
Mel Gibson scored real bad last year. Soon after that, winner Tom Cruise's turtle disappeared and Tom received an empty carapace by mail. No wonder they let Mel Gibson win this year.
18th June 2004 09:41 AM
Moonisup 50% is from my lifesavings acount that I
invested in the rolling stones,
18th June 2004 09:45 AM
jb Funny how Gibson manipulated the media claiming he was spending 25 million of his own to present what he claimed would be a limited interest movie while all along playing the anti-semeic card....I wish nothing but ill upon him and his family.
18th June 2004 09:59 AM
Monkey Woman Don't be too harsh on his long-suffering wife, jb. Seven kids with Mel is enough to earn her a ticket to heaven!
18th June 2004 08:49 PM
glencar Joshy, you must get over it. "The Passion of the Christ" (which IS a clumsy title) will be out on DVD shortly. I hope you get to see it so you can THEN judge the movie.