ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

NME Poll Winners Awards, Wembley Empire Pool, April 11, 1965
© The Associated Newspapers Archives
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: HEADER ==> The Wick Return to archive
17th June 2004 11:08 PM
BILL PERKS THE WICK...BY ALL ACCOUNTS A FABULOUS HOUSE,WITH LOTS OF ROCK HISTORY OCCURING THERE.ONCE OWNED BY HAYLEY MILLS AND NOW BY PETE THE TOUCHER TOWNSEND..ANYONE KNOW ANYMORE ABOUT THE WICK,HOW DID ITS NAME ARISE?THINK PETE FOUND KEITHS DIAMORPHINE?
18th June 2004 12:32 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Relaxing at The Wick, Ronnie's home and studio
The sessions for "I've Got My Own Album To Do" and "Now Look"
Richmond, England June 1974
Morrison
18th June 2004 12:37 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Outside "The Wick"

18th June 2004 08:01 AM
Gazza didnt know Hayley Mills lived there!

That pic of Ronnie is taken out the back - just in front of the cottage that Keith lived in for a while when he was hiding from the 'heat' at Cheyne Walk around 1973.

I've a few pics taken last August from the front of the house - you can actually go right up to the front door as its out on the street. I'll mail them to Gerardo later for uploading
18th June 2004 08:29 PM
mac_daddy that is a great shot of Ronnie - debonaire(sp), in a bohemian sort of way...

those are some big speakers he has against the wall - he puts those big suckers horizontal - I do that with my klipschorns(sic). it makes a big difference...

____

was that pic of keith (current header) taken @ the wick, too?
18th June 2004 11:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I've a few pics taken last August from the front of the house - you can actually go right up to the front door as its out on the street. I'll mail them to Gerardo later for uploading

...that's Pete Townshend's car at the front door!
...that's Gazza just in case you don't know
19th June 2004 02:35 AM
MarthaMyDear I've got one of me, also, taken in front of the Wick but it's buried in my packing... I'll send it in when I can!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
19th June 2004 03:01 AM
Hannalee I understood that it was Sir John Mills who sold The Wick to Ronnie. In which case, I suppose it's possible that Hayley lived there when she was a kid.

Ah yes; quoting from Rock on Wood:

Ronnie had bought The Wick from Sir John Mills and his wife, the writer Mary Hayley Bell, who'd decided to move out of London - although they regretted their decision almost as soon as the papers had been signed, and asked Ronnie to sell it back. But in his mind he'd already spent £25,000 to equip the recording studio he planned for the basement. Besides; "I fell in love with The Wick as soon as I saw it...."

Krissie, too, had fallen instantly in love with the place: "Ronnie just said one day that he'd found this house for us," she remembers. When I saw the Wick, I couldn't believe how beautiful it was, and I kept saying to Ronnie, 'Is it really going to be ours?' And he just said 'Yep!' Sir John Mills had left a note on the mirror saying, 'Hope you will be as happy as we were at The Wick.' He was such a lovely man - the fact that he and his wife had lived there for so long, and brought up their children Hayley, Juliet and Jonathan there, made The Wick even more special."