ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

NME Poll Winners Awards, Wembley Empire Pool, April 11, 1965
© The Associated Newspapers Archives
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: News on The Stones New Album Return to archive Page: 1 2
17th June 2004 10:26 AM
Monkey Woman No, you don't get it, josh: they don't buy Madonna's tickets because they are saving up for the Stones next tour, of course!
17th June 2004 10:29 AM
scope
quote:
scratched wrote:
None taken. It's just these stories rarely end up true which gets tiresome. Maybe your's is genuine. Only time will tell.

Time may not even tell. Notice that Tom speaks to 6 of 18 songs, and already admits that they may not make the final cut, so he's left himself an out. Forgive our skepticism Tom, but like noted above, rumours will fly from now until the final product is released. Now, if you were to give us some work in progress titles, maybe in the end you could convince us you had the scoop!
17th June 2004 10:39 AM
egon
quote:
scratched wrote:
Only time will tell.

funny enough this is the title of one of the new songs!
17th June 2004 10:44 AM
jb Now I just read on Fox News she did sell out..probably the first show...sais she did an awful version of "Imagine" showing pictures of sick and dying kids....
17th June 2004 04:36 PM
gimmekeef No offence but who cares about that twat Madonna.This thread is about more scientifically deduced album fodder by more "inside experts"......
17th June 2004 05:26 PM
Lord Sinclair OK Tom. I'm a writer, too, and sometimes I blow a word here and there so I'll give you that one, but what I don't understand is why you offer up an idea as a tease and then don't come through. If you want the credit for the scoop you wouldn't remain anonymous. If you want the journo credit for the scoop then why tease us so soon. Why not say "Hey guys if you want the meat then check out XYZ publication next week when so and so (this is where you insert your real name) is breaking a cool story on the Stones."

A Thread on the official site claims Ronnie, Mick, and Keith were in Amsterdam last week for a meeting while Bill Wyman was playing a gig down the road. Could it be that Wyman is on the way back? Maybe, but come on and give us a real clue. You say it will be big, but the Stones never do anything small. Even their recent club gigs were arena shows crammed into theaters. Can you at least tell us which publication you write/work for? Then we could at least check it out and look for this big scoop.
17th June 2004 06:01 PM
IanBillen
Tom, Can you tell us what type of quality these songs are of in comparison to Voodoo Lounge and Steel Wheels? While we know in terms of sound you stated it "sounds like" Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge but what are they in terms of quality in comparison to say Love is Strong, You Got Me Rocking, or Steel Wheels's Rock n a Hard Place? Is this stuff good and are the Stones aware that they have to put out a doozey this time?
Ian
17th June 2004 06:19 PM
Mottrush
Biggest load of crap I've heard in years!! We're only adding to this clowns amusement by replying to the post!

Oops...just realised what I've done..damn!!!

Cheers,

Mottrush
17th June 2004 07:20 PM
cwatts0462 I PREDICTED WYMAN WOULD BE BACK
AND I REALLY THINK THAT IS THE BIG NEWS TOM IS TALKING ABOUT
17th June 2004 10:00 PM
corgi37 I think he's full of crap myself.
17th June 2004 10:17 PM
prism The Stones were in Paris working this month. Wyman isn't that big, only 5'7".
17th June 2004 10:27 PM
Monkey Woman Prism, they were expected to come and record in Paris this month, but they didn't. Or if they did, it's in a studio no one has ever heard of...
17th June 2004 10:40 PM
glencar I like this Blackwell guy's "Best/Worst Dressed" lists. He's actually funny.
17th June 2004 10:40 PM
glencar But I don't believe the hype. Do you?
17th June 2004 10:42 PM
BILL PERKS STU CONTACTED ME FROM THE HEAVEN AND SAID THESE RUMORS ARE BULLSHIT AND THAT HE KICKED BRIAN JONES ASS LAST NIGHT WHEN BRIAN ATE HIS CHICKEN.
17th June 2004 10:55 PM
glencar You're funny...sometimes. Have you & jb become fast friends yet?
18th June 2004 12:29 AM
Jaxx
quote:
tom_blackwell0 wrote:
Bluesy numbers on a new Rolling Stones album would be Suicide.

i would disagree with this. they NEED to get back to their roots and PRONTO. a whole album of DON"T STOPS would totally undermine their talent and depth as musicians. it would be a total slacker maneuver. quite frankly, the boyz are too old and too talented for shallow pop sounds. i say go with the blues, and move into a funky jazz direction. hearing "can't you hear me knocking" live proved to me that this band can do funkarama jazz and do it right. they should just go for it.

i'll believe there's a new album in the works when i see the damn thing.
18th June 2004 12:42 AM
Snappy McJack It's time for the Stones to go for something new:

Death Metal Stones Style!
18th June 2004 01:21 AM
MarthaMyDear Is this your web site?: http://musicinsight.com

Nice looking web site!!! So, is the big secret them making a Stones documentary or something along those lines (working in film in some way)?!?!?! HE!!! HE!!! lol.......... ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
18th June 2004 03:20 AM
Diedre There is something in the man's post that rings a bell ... "slinky and sexy." That's the exact phrase Mick used when talking to the producer/engineer in the documentary in the 4 DVD set. He says it in relation to the backing track for "Don't Stop." Mick says he wants the track to sound slinky and sexy (it's easy to recollect, since it struck me at the time that's there was nothing particularly slinky or sexy about the finished product). So, if this is true, that's what you'll get -- an entire album of "Don't Stop."
Page: 1 2