ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

NME Poll Winners Awards, Wembley Empire Pool, April 11, 1965
© The Associated Newspapers Archives
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: News on The Stones New Album Return to archive Page: 1 2
17th June 2004 07:27 AM
tom_blackwell0 I have a friend whose father is a sound engineer in the paris studio where the stones ARE recording their new album and the Low down is this.
The new album will be released n the Uk in time for Christmas 2004 and it will be toured worldwide in 2005 and 2006.
The vibe of the album is very slinky and sexy and full of bass (Still provided by Daryll Jones).
The album is very much in the mould of Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge. You can expect to hear songs similar in sound to Dont Stop, a new stones song that appeared on the Forty Licks album.
To be honest I am relieved to hear that they are not going back too far with their influences because the last thing the band need to do at the moment is isolate themselves further from a music industry that needs them so badly.
Bluesy numbers on a new Rolling Stones album would be Suicide. Reverting to albulms like Dirty Work and Undercover, which 75% of stones fans will agree are poor stones albums would also be a bad move.
They need to stick to a winning formula.
If all goes well and at the moment it is, then the Stones could come up with one of the best selling albums of he year and who knows? Maybe they can secure thier first top ten hit in 20 years!

Tom The Critic
17th June 2004 07:31 AM
nankerphelge Can you please verify all credentials, provide two photo IDs, and put up you first born as collateral.

Its not for me ... its for Ian.
17th June 2004 07:31 AM
Some Guy Is this true?
17th June 2004 07:37 AM
Moonisup I, for one, don't need a new steel wheels, just a handful of good songs on that one, and there is nothing wrong with Undercover
17th June 2004 07:39 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Is this true?

Who knows? Time will tell. Maybe they should call the new album "Rumors"!
17th June 2004 07:39 AM
tom_blackwell0 Ok guys
I understand that Im new to the whole stones message board thing. Thats because Im not actually a massive Stones fan. I like them and thats about the max.

I work for a very reputable British music magazine and have some very high profile contacts. Oh get me!

This info has come from a very ggod and close friend, whose, as I have said, father is working as an SE in Paris.

100% genuine.
I have a liitle more infromation about the album which you guys will love. Im not sure wether it would be a good idea for me to say anything yet though. I must be one of only 20 people that know this secret and if it gets out. Its very easy to find out who leaked it.

Its worth waiting for guys.
17th June 2004 07:50 AM
Some Guy
quote:
tom_blackwell0 wrote:
Ok guys
I understand that Im new to the whole stones message board thing. Thats because Im not actually a massive Stones fan. I like them and thats about the max.

I work for a very reputable British music magazine and have some very high profile contacts. Oh get me!

This info has come from a very ggod and close friend, whose, as I have said, father is working as an SE in Paris.

100% genuine.
I have a liitle more infromation about the album which you guys will love. Im not sure wether it would be a good idea for me to say anything yet though. I must be one of only 20 people that know this secret and if it gets out. Its very easy to find out who leaked it.

Its worth waiting for guys.

leak it baby- we can keep a secret!
17th June 2004 07:56 AM
tom_blackwell0 Its going to be one of the worst kept secrets in music history.
So do you think its worth wile me spilling the beans???

Yes or No?

Believe me, this is bbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggg

And I got it from the Horses mouth!
17th June 2004 07:58 AM
Some Guy
quote:
tom_blackwell0 wrote:
Its going to be one of the worst kept secrets in music history.
So do you think its worth wile me spilling the beans???

Yes or No?

Believe me, this is bbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggg

And I got it from the Horses mouth!

c'mon just a little taste!! something.
17th June 2004 08:01 AM
tom_blackwell0 Lets just say that...........
Oh god, its so hard to give a clue

I really dont think I should.

Its going to cost the stones a lot of money to do it, but if they make the right offer to the right person, It might just happen.

I know its really shit, but this is big
17th June 2004 08:03 AM
Some Guy
quote:
tom_blackwell0 wrote:
Lets just say that...........
Oh god, its so hard to give a clue

I really dont think I should.

Its going to cost the stones a lot of money to do it, but if they make the right offer to the right person, It might just happen.

I know its really shit, but this is big

Is it that there is no new album or recording in Paris . Now that would be a big secret.
17th June 2004 08:04 AM
Gazza >Can you please verify all credentials, provide two photo IDs, and put up you first born as collateral.
Its not for me ... its for Ian.

LMAO. Post of the week.

Tom. You're talking as if you (or people you know) have heard the album. Surely it hasnt even been actually recorded yet?
Ronnie was at Royal Ascot (horse racing) this week. have they actually started recording in Paris yet?

17th June 2004 08:08 AM
caro
quote:
Ju was right!! They're gonna announce the new tour on elephant's back!!
17th June 2004 08:09 AM
Some Guy Or Wymans back
17th June 2004 08:09 AM
Monkey Woman The Stones didn't show up in Paris in May or June. There are lots of rumors but nothing solid. If they recorded anything new, it was not here.
17th June 2004 08:11 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
caro wrote:

Oh yeah! Mick wanted for years to use an elephant in their shows! Rock'n'roll circus, take 2!!!
17th June 2004 08:13 AM
tom_blackwell0 The stones have 18 songs written and 6 songs laid down. They began writting the album whilst touring the world with Forty Licks. They had a month off after the tour and then went straight back to the recording studio.
The SE in question is one of the best in the busines, and to be honest, he HAS heard 6 of the new songs and he thinks they sound like Steel wheels and Voodoo lounge. If you dont like these albums...Tough... thats what they sound like. Wether or not they make it onto the final album, I dont know.
Ronnie is over here for a few weeks. His daughter Leah is playing some gigs over here and he always goes to Royal ascot with Snooker ace and close friend Jimmy White.

The stones have been recording for nearly 6 months now. They know this has to be good as it is quite possibly the last we hear of them Studio-wise.
17th June 2004 08:15 AM
scratched Hmmmmm...a music critic who can't even spell.

Bullshit!
17th June 2004 08:16 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
tom_blackwell0 wrote:

I like a lot of money. I like (right) offers. I am the right person. Anybody's got Micks cell# in case he calls when I'm in the shower?
17th June 2004 08:17 AM
Monkey Woman Angie, what do you offer to get it?
17th June 2004 08:17 AM
tom_blackwell0 Most writers cant spell mate.
Thats why we have proof readers and sub editors.

Dont question me mate. Ive been feeding people like you everything you know about music for the last ten years.
17th June 2004 08:18 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
tom_blackwell0 wrote:
Most writers cant spell mate.

Dont question me mate. Ive been feeding people like you everything you know about music for the last ten years.

That explains a lot of things!!! ROTFLMAO!!!
17th June 2004 08:19 AM
Some Guy
quote:
tom_blackwell0 wrote:
Most writers cant spell mate.

You say the album will be out this year?
17th June 2004 08:19 AM
Angiegirl Me: I agree w/ Rik: Undercover is a good album. I think it's way better than SW... just MHO. I don't think SW and VL sound kinda the same. And the 4 songs on 40Licks are kinda shit.

Tom_: > The stones have been recording for nearly 6 months now. They know this has to be good as it is quite possibly the last we hear of them Studio-wise.

Me: Any-wise.

I can't wait!!!
17th June 2004 08:20 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Angie, what do you offer to get it?

Hmmm... my virginity??
17th June 2004 08:24 AM
scratched
quote:
tom_blackwell0 wrote:

I'm not questioning you, I just think you're full of shit. I find out about music my own way. I never read the UK music 'press'.
17th June 2004 08:30 AM
tom_blackwell0 I dont care if you think Im full of shit mate. I have to be, its my job. But theres one thing that a journo cant afford to be and that is wrong.

If I wasnt sure about any of the stuff Im saying, then I would say it.

Like I say, Im not a massive stones fan. I just think that the band dont give enough information to their fans. And lets face it, the Stones fans are one of the hardcore group of fans, They know everything about everything. Even the shit stuff like Dirty Work.

Im going to post one more thread and then you wont hear from me again. Except when you ead one of my stories maybe.

No offence intended mate
17th June 2004 08:36 AM
scratched None taken. It's just these stories rarely end up true which gets tiresome. Maybe your's is genuine. Only time will tell.
17th June 2004 08:41 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
caro wrote:

LOl Caro
bises
17th June 2004 10:21 AM
jb I am also concerned...While starting off strong, ticket sales for madonna have dropped recently...In fact , there are reportedly thousands of tickets left for her upcoming 6 shows at MSG...if madonna can't do it, this does not bode well for the Stones.
Page: 1 2