ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

NME Poll Winners Awards, Wembley Empire Pool, April 11, 1965
© The Associated Newspapers Archives
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just like JB and Joey, Macca hits a milestone... Return to archive
16th June 2004 10:20 PM
M.O.W.A.T. It's not like reaching 9000+ posts but what the hell...

McCartney to Notch 3,000th Live Show in Russia

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Notching a key milestone in the long and winding road of his career, former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney (news) is expected to play his 3,000th live show when he performs later this month back in the former USSR.

The upcoming June 20 concert before some 100,000 fans in the Palace Square of St. Petersburg, McCartney's first ever in that city, comes in the midst of his summer tour through Europe, organizers said in a statement on Wednesday.

The exact number of live shows McCartney played in the early years of the Beatles and their precursor band the Quarry Men, was not perfectly kept, but a new tally by his management indicates he is now in the vicinity of 3,000 performances.

The Beatles gigs alone -- ranging from Shea Stadium and live radio and TV performances to the multiple sets the Fab Four played nightly in Hamburg, Germany, during the early 1960s -- numbers approximately 2,523, his management said.

With the addition of 140 live appearances with Wings, plus 325 other post-Beatles gigs as either a solo artist or at such events as Live Aid or the Super Bowl, his official count prior to the start of his "Live Experience" tour in Europe on May 25 stood at about 2,988.

As closely as can be ascertained, his 3,000th show will fall on the night of his St. Petersburg performance.

"I never keep count on the statistics, so I was amazed when people told me I'll do my 3,000th gig on this tour," McCartney said in a statement. "That's an awful lot of late nights."

The current European tour will also take McCartney, who has played in 25 countries around the world, to Lisbon for his first concert ever in Portugal, he said.

Another new venue for McCartney will be Britain's outdoor Glastonbury Festival, a three-day extravaganza that begins June 25 and is billed as one of the largest outdoor music festivals in the world.

17th June 2004 09:03 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I know this is kind of old news but.... I was listening to some radio station yesterday and they had a blurb on there about the roadies and crew bitching about not being allowed to eat meat or wear leather. Now I'm not against vegetarianism but it seems to me that Macca is over stepping his boundaries to put it mildly.
17th June 2004 12:28 PM
Joey

I absolutely ADORE Macca !

Word ! To My Baby Steelie !

Jersey !
17th June 2004 12:37 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Joey wrote:

I absolutely ADORE Macca !

WWWHHHHAAAATTT????

This statement will have SERIOUS repercussions re your relationship with jb!!!

LJ.
17th June 2004 12:44 PM
Joey

Nah , Lady J .

My Baby knows how I's feels abouts Macca .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Percy !
17th June 2004 12:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
My Baby knows how I's feels abouts Macca .

SO THAT'S IT!!!!! I knew there was something about Joey. I just couldn't put my finger on it. That explains ALOT!!!
17th June 2004 02:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Now I'm not against vegetarianism but it seems to me that Macca is over stepping his boundaries to put it mildly.

Not so mildly. He seems to be a closet totalitarian who has no shame about forcing his belief system down other people's throats when he can get away with it. An Ayotolla Khomeni complex. If HE wants to eat vegetables that's fine....and force his beliefs on his crew. It's the messianic attitude that scares me.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
17th June 2004 03:07 PM
jb Macca claims he doesn't keep statistics....what a fucking liar!!!
17th June 2004 03:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Macca claims he doesn't keep statistics....what a fucking liar!!!

Yeah. John was a more moral/spiritual person. Macca is more of a "lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, pride of life" kind of dude.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
17th June 2004 03:49 PM
jb Indeed MB.....Macca charged people per drink at his wedding.and doesn't keep stats....that's too much for even the Beatle lovers to accept...
17th June 2004 04:32 PM
Joey

You all make Joey very sad .
17th June 2004 05:56 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

You all make Joey very sad .

okay - you are off the hook - for now-.......

18th June 2004 05:36 AM
Zack I am sure his roadies make plenty good money to put up with it all. If they don't like it, they don't have to work for him.
18th June 2004 09:14 AM
Taptrick

I would love to see one of 'em show up with a big ole bag of McDonalds or White Castles to test the waters. I would love to see that headline:

"Beatle fires worker for eating McDonalds"

here's a thought - if there was a Jesus he would have wore leather sandals or he would have been known as that religious guy that never wore shoes.