ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

NME Poll Winners Awards, Wembley Empire Pool, April 11, 1965
© The Associated Newspapers Archives
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Upcoming Summer Shows Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th June 2004 03:37 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! The Dead
Bristow VA 8-15
Raleigh NC 8-17
Charlotte NC 8-18
Atlanta GA 8-19

>>How can you call them "Dead" shows..it's an insult to the real Dead heads...<<

Obliviously you don't know much about the band or the music. It's a Dead show because that is exactly who is playing. All surviving members of the band, plus Jimmy Herring and Warren Haynes on guitars. The Grateful Dead’s music has always been bigger then any one member of the band, including Jerry. It's a Dead show because it's simply about the music and taking it further! I'm a deadhead and not the least bit insulted, in fact, I feel privileged that these guys are still making great music and putting a smile on my face!
12th June 2004 03:41 AM
PolkSalad
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
The Dead
Bristow VA 8-15
Raleigh NC 8-17
Charlotte NC 8-18
Atlanta GA 8-19

>>How can you call them "Dead" shows..it's an insult to the real Dead heads...<<

Obliviously you don't know much about the band or the music. It's a Dead show because that is exactly who is playing. All surviving members of the band, plus Jimmy Herring and Warren Haynes on guitars. The Grateful Dead’s music has always been bigger then any one member of the band, including Jerry. It's a Dead show because it's simply about the music and taking it further! I'm a deadhead and not the least bit insulted, in fact, I feel privileged that these guys are still making great music and putting a smile on my face!

Only Dead show attended was Jerry's last show.
12th June 2004 02:30 PM
parmeda
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:
Eddy Clearwater and Los Straitjackets in a club instead of at a festival.

2004-06-11

polk! Where did you wind up at, lol. Where was Eddy?

We stayed near the bandshell until 5-ish and headed to Buddy Guy's. XRT was broadcasting the fest live...
Phil Guy had just left the stage when we got there, damn.
We didn't stay there too much longer either...
14th June 2004 01:27 AM
polksalad69
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:
Fitzgerald's on Friday night.

Going to see Hank III in Madison, WI on Monday and then back to Chicago for his show on Tuesday.
15th June 2004 02:50 PM
polksalad69
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:
Hank III in Madison, WI on Monday and then back to Chicago for his show on Tuesday.

2004-06-14 @ the Annex, Madison, WI.

quote:
PolkSalad wrote:

15th June 2004 02:51 PM
Joey

It looks like I WILL see Lucinda Williams in late August in Kansas City !
15th June 2004 02:52 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Joey wrote:

It looks like I WILL see Lucinda Williams in late August in Kansas City !

Gonna be hot in KC.
15th June 2004 02:53 PM
jb
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

Gonna be hot in KC.

Please edit your post total for RO only!!!!
15th June 2004 02:54 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

God YES !!!!!!

15th June 2004 02:59 PM
polksalad69
quote:
jb wrote:

15th June 2004 03:01 PM
Joey
polksalad69 ...........................

15th June 2004 10:41 PM
corgi37 I'm too old for concerts. I'm very narrow minded now. It's sad really.

But...

The Who at Vodaphone Arena (or our Melbourne Tennis Centre, whatever the fuck they call it this week) on July 31. And, best of all.. It's a Saturday night! Really looing forward to this. I hope i remember it.
16th June 2004 01:23 AM
FPM C10
quote:
PolkSalad wrote:

DJ looked silly shaking his skinny hips singing Wolf tunes. His voice was ok but since it had rained consistently since the end of the first act, we cut out. Hubert was honored by the city of Greenwood, MS, da mayor (of Greenwood) even made it up.

I caught Howlin' For Hubert in PA on the 13th and thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Johanson did look silly, which for some reason made it even better. He put it over the top for me - I thought he was great. And Levon Helm is the SHIT on drums. Where else are you gonna hear a whole set of Howlin' Wolf songs played that well? I got Hubert to sign a Howlin' Wolf album I brought along - seeing him was a dream come true for the ol' Monkey.

I got to talk to Johanson after their set and he said the Dolls are gonna play Liberty Island in NYC on Aug 14 - I believe the Stooges are on the bill too. That sounds like a highlight of the summer to me - I'd rather see THOSE relics than Van Hagar.
16th June 2004 02:12 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I caught Howlin' For Hubert in PA on the 13th and thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Johanson did look silly, which for some reason made it even better. He put it over the top for me - I thought he was great. And Levon Helm is the SHIT on drums. Where else are you gonna hear a whole set of Howlin' Wolf songs played that well? I got Hubert to sign a Howlin' Wolf album I brought along - seeing him was a dream come true for the ol' Monkey.

I got to talk to Johanson after their set and he said the Dolls are gonna play Liberty Island in NYC on Aug 14 - I believe the Stooges are on the bill too. That sounds like a highlight of the summer to me - I'd rather see THOSE relics than Van Hagar.

Hey Flea, is Izzy Stradlin seriously going to join the Dolls for their shows? I've heard some of these rumors and Duff McKagan talked about how Izzy told him of being approached by them.

Frankly, I don't know what to make of it.
16th June 2004 03:24 AM
polksalad69
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Hey, that's cool. Too bad it was raining cats and dogs last week at the ChiBlues Festival. David did look silly but I thought his voice sounded about right. No Levon tho...
16th June 2004 04:32 PM
PolkSalad 2004-06-15 @ the Double Door, Chicago

quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

Little Charlie is in town tomorrow night. I doubt I'll get over there for that one.
19th June 2004 12:52 PM
Gazza >Hey Flea, is Izzy Stradlin seriously going to join the Dolls for their shows? I've heard some of these rumors and Duff McKagan talked about how Izzy told him of being approached by them.

mmmm....the New York Dolls are support act for the White Stripes when they play in Belfast's Botanic gardens on August 25th - show has just been announced. I'm goin' to that one, plus Patti Smith here on July 30th. Last time she played here just with Oliver Ray, this time its PSG.

so, after the 3 Bob shows this coming week, things are pickin' up!
19th June 2004 01:41 PM
stewed & Keefed From BLABBERMOUTH.NET.

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Izzy Stradlin has backed out of his participation in the upcoming NEW YORK DOLLS reunion show, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Although Izzy had originally agreed to fill in for late axeman Johnny Thunders at NEW YORK DOLLS' upcoming concert at London's Meltdown Festival in June, he pulled out of the deal when he learned that plans existed for the band to do additional dates — a prospect that would have required of Stradlin to learn more of the group's catalogue and to dedicate more of his time than was willing to set aside for the collaboration.
Page: 1 2