ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio Anoeta, San Sebastián, 23rd June 2007
© Diario Vasco thanks Jeep and Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age) on the Stones. Not good. Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th June 2007 10:17 AM
FotiniD From Gigwise.com:

---------------------------------
Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme has had a swipe at The Rolling Stones, saying they rely too heavily on their older material when they play live.

Despite having supported the rock dinosaurs on the road, Homme believes Mick and co. don¢t care too much about their recorded output any more and only release albums as a platform for their tours.

Homme said: “I¢m really on the opposite side to what those guys are doing.

”We played with them and I totally enjoyed it. It was great to see. But they only put out albums to remind people they¢re going on tour.

“For me it¢s about creative output. They only go on tour so people can hear their older songs. If I understood that was happening to us, I wouldn¢t hesitate to take a long break.

He continued to The Star: “You should feel lucky to be making music and if you don¢t you should sit down for a second and burn yourself with a cigarette because you need to feel that luxury and that should be what fuels your tank.

“If that¢s not the case then you have been running on empty for too long.”
---------------------------------
15th June 2007 10:19 AM
Voodoo Scrounge The guy is spot on!
15th June 2007 10:20 AM
deuce QOTSA rule
15th June 2007 10:25 AM
Jumacfly Not very surprising...most of young bands tend to shit on the Stones nowadays, it's trendy you know.
But when you see our 2 guitarists,it's quite normal...
15th June 2007 10:40 AM
deuce
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Not very surprising...most of young bands tend to shit on the Stones nowadays, it's trendy you know.
But when you see our 2 guitarists,it's quite normal...

Homme definitely doesn't care about trends, trust me. It's just his honest opinion, and one that is shared by many even on these boards.
15th June 2007 10:44 AM
gimmekeef When this turd has released 5+ of the most classic albums of alltime...I'll give a shit...
15th June 2007 10:53 AM
deuce
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
When this turd has released 5+ of the most classic albums of alltime...I'll give a shit...

Yeah, and when's the last time they released a "classic album"? He's not talking about what they've done in the past, he's talking about what they're doing now
15th June 2007 10:56 AM
Dan
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
When this turd has released 5+ of the most classic albums of alltime...I'll give a shit...

Truth manifests itself in anger...
15th June 2007 11:05 AM
_Boomy_ I don't see anything wrong with what he said. How is it a swipe?

They DO release albums to back a tour. They don't do tours to back albums.

I like QOTSA, too. "Era Vulgaris" is good.
[Edited by _Boomy_]
15th June 2007 11:11 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Dan wrote:

Truth manifests itself in anger...

Not really Dan..just gets old these guys poppin off...Half of em cant play shit....ABB is beyond the scope of what most of these younger bands could even conjure up...More of the younger folks need to be exposed to bands like Stones..(see Isle of Wight)...Bands that can play not just grunge around...anyway just an old farts opinion
15th June 2007 11:24 AM
Dan
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Not really Dan..just gets old these guys poppin off...Half of em cant play shit....ABB is beyond the scope of what most of these younger bands could even conjure up...More of the younger folks need to be exposed to bands like Stones..(see Isle of Wight)...Bands that can play not just grunge around...anyway just an old farts opinion

Well, except there is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said, and considering ABB is music for old people, not much young bands will be conjuring up stuff like that. And QOTSA totally rocked at the Forum as well as mocking people who probably needed to be mocked.
15th June 2007 11:42 AM
gimmekeef So its cool to mock someone because their musical tastes are different?...Just so I can actually learn something about these guys can someone let me know their top few songs so I can check it out?....
15th June 2007 11:46 AM
deuce
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
So its cool to mock someone because their musical tastes are different?...Just so I can actually learn something about these guys can someone let me know their top few songs so I can check it out?....

No One Knows is their most well known song. Go With the Flow was another hit for them. For a cool trippy rocker check out Monsters In the Parasol. Their current singles include the songs Sick, Sick, Sick and 3's and 7's.
[Edited by deuce]
15th June 2007 11:49 AM
Gazza Cant see what there is to get upset about.

Playing one song per night from an album which Keith claimed on it's release "was made to be performed live" and a show which contains next to nothing recorded during the last 20-25 years is proof enough that he's correct, unfortunately.

Its quite obvious to anyone with a brain that the Stones have accepted that they're a nostalgia act and have effectively given up on trying to promote anything current on the sort of audience they're targeting themselves towards nowadays. We can agree or disagree on whether or not that's a good thing or not, but it's pretty much inescapably true.

from "40 Licks" on, its apparent that the Stones - more so then before - release a product to promote the fact that theyre on tour, not the other way around.
15th June 2007 12:06 PM
Dan
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
So its cool to mock someone because their musical tastes are different?...Just so I can actually learn something about these guys can someone let me know their top few songs so I can check it out?....

Actually he was mocking people who paid too much for their tickets. Their set from the Forum is up on Dime if anyone is interested.
15th June 2007 12:21 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
deuce wrote:

No One Knows is their most well known song. Go With the Flow was another hit for them. For a cool trippy rocker check out Monsters In the Parasol. Their current singles include the songs Sick, Sick, Sick and 3's and 7's.
[Edited by deuce]

Make It Wit Chu!
Battery Acid!
Little Sister (More Cowbell!)
15th June 2007 12:38 PM
Saint Sway this guy has the rare honor of being in - not one - but TWO bands that blow goats

that said, his comments are spot on. Boring but true. He's just stating the obvious: Stones only put out records in order to be able to rake millions in on the road.

so what? no new revelation here. These arent exactly controversial musings.

his comments are even blander than his generic alt rock

he's now free to stop stating the obvious and return to putting out sucky records
15th June 2007 01:37 PM
sirmoonie Just to get some proper perspective on things, here is an incredibly gorgeous Bridget Fonda doing a bong hit.

15th June 2007 03:19 PM
Ronnie Richards Josh Homme is spot on, and QOTSA is one of the greatest bands of this decade.
15th June 2007 04:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot Josh Homme is a wife stealing asshole.

But he is right in what he said.

15th June 2007 05:50 PM
riffkeither just say to him ,"try to get on tune when yu play and may be yu 'll be as good as a nod or a blind horses "!!!
the only thing he done is when Dave play drums with him.
Sad to be so stupid !!
15th June 2007 09:02 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Josh Homme is a wife stealing asshole.

But he is right in what he said.

Thank you, I didn't want to bring that up...

He is spot on, and he is an asshole...

Good news, Tim is happy and a broken heart made some good music...
15th June 2007 09:39 PM
mojoman
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Just to get some proper perspective on things, here is an incredibly gorgeous Bridget Fonda doing a bong hit.

damn i love women with substance abuse issues especially ms fonda.......
15th June 2007 09:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Good news, Tim is happy and a broken heart made some good music...<

Nice to see something good come out of a shitty situation.
15th June 2007 10:39 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Good news, Tim is happy and a broken heart made some good music...<

Nice to see something good come out of a shitty situation.

Do you own Indestructable? Tim dumped Lars' brother dies, fucking great album... New one soon, plus there is a little Lars on the way... I gave him a diaper jeanie... Besides the drummer quitting everything is tight... I've been reluctant to ask why Brett quit... I went to one of the LA shows in October with Tyler, he was all cool and smiles, a few weeks later in SF, he's gone and they had to grab someone else, new drummers name is escaping me right now. That's usually the case with drummers anyway!!! Ha!
15th June 2007 11:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot I haven't gotten around to getting Indestructable yet.

It just went on my list...so I'll have it soon.

Too bad about Brett...he was really good. Been there for a long time too, no?
15th June 2007 11:41 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I haven't gotten around to getting Indestructable yet.

It just went on my list...so I'll have it soon.

Too bad about Brett...he was really good. Been there for a long time too, no?

Yeah.. from the start... Tim & Matt came from Op Ivy and Brett and them two started Rancid, got Lars soon after the 1st record... Something like that, at least... They're all pretty tight, so I don't want to ask, ya know... There's weird politics and stuff, like all bands. They even share a cut of money with old Op Ivy members... It looks all fun from the seats at a show, but from what I've seen, there's alot of bullshit to deal with... I can't listen to QOTSA b/c of what that dickhead did... I've been fucked over, and I can't imagine having it done in public and in magazines...
Then again, you can spin that shit into gold...

16th June 2007 03:33 AM
GimmeExile I think it's just the opposite. The Stones play more of their new songs than most other classic rock bands. Hell, most bands from that era don't even release albums anymore.

Considering the Stones play only 20 songs per show, and during the tour they sometimes played 4 songs from ABB a night, 1/5 of the setlist was comprised of new songs.

16th June 2007 03:47 AM
Ronnie Richards [quote]pdog wrote:

I can't listen to QOTSA b/c of what that dickhead did...
[/quote

trust the art...not the artist..
16th June 2007 04:22 AM
Altamont P Dog,
did you get one of these back in the day? I think there were only 1000 or so pressed.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)