ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio Anoeta, San Sebastián, 23rd June 2007
© Diario Vasco thanks Jeep and Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question about Biggest Bang DVD for owners.. Return to archive
14th June 2007 06:16 PM
akula I have a non-stones fan coming over tomorrow, he's agreed to watch a concert what disc would best win him over? going to the city around noon to pick up a copy..
14th June 2007 06:19 PM
MidnightRambler Rio is good and interesting to see all those throngs of people...but the Austin show is very pleasing to the senses. The filming is high quality and the sound is very strong. I'd go with Austin.
14th June 2007 08:00 PM
lotsajizz both shows sound good, but only half the Austin show is real

show 'em Rio unless he's a roaster...

14th June 2007 09:53 PM
Nellcote This person better be quality, as anyone who is classified as "a non stones fan" might as well, in the words of Tony Soprano, "be dead to me"....
14th June 2007 10:11 PM
Dan
quote:
akula wrote:
I have a non-stones fan coming over tomorrow, he's agreed to watch a concert what disc would best win him over? going to the city around noon to pick up a copy..

Cue up the Buenos Aires footage in the documentary first. If he sees other people enjoying it then it may have a more positive effect.
14th June 2007 10:14 PM
glencar I finally got to watch it last night. Well, Austin show at least. I love the look of it but the sound wasn't very good. I had it on a standard TV though so I'll have to try it on the home theater system next.
14th June 2007 11:41 PM
BILL PERKS SATISFACTION FROM DISC 3 BUENOS AIRES...FAN-FUCKINGTASTIC!
WHAT A CROWD!
15th June 2007 01:27 AM
MidnightRambler
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
SATISFACTION FROM DISC 3 BUENOS AIRES...FAN-FUCKINGTASTIC!
WHAT A CROWD!

Yeah I just saw that selection tonight---I was surprised how great it was. It was incredibly fast and Keith was all over it. I actually clapped when it was over. Ending the song, with the crowd going nuts...Ronnie's feedback wailing like a siren, Charlie banging on the drums...it was all rock and roll. It was a feeling I havent gotten from them in a true while.
15th June 2007 07:26 AM
corgi37 Yeah, show some Argentinian shit as they are nuts. Then do the Austin show for the grand scale and the pyro. Fireworks always entertains!
15th June 2007 01:36 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
SATISFACTION FROM DISC 3 BUENOS AIRES...FAN-FUCKINGTASTIC!
WHAT A CROWD!

Easily in the top 3 moments of Stones history imho.....
15th June 2007 03:42 PM
Dan
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Yeah, show some Argentinian shit as they are nuts. Then do the Austin show for the grand scale and the pyro. Fireworks always entertains!

I was disappointed there was no selectable angle for the pyro.
15th June 2007 04:31 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
This person better be quality, as anyone who is classified as "a non stones fan" might as well, in the words of Tony Soprano, "be dead to me"....

all my friends listen to the stones. Its a requirement.

I just cant be bothered hanging out with someone who doesnt love the stones. Lifes too short.
15th June 2007 06:27 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Easily in the top 3 moments of Stones history imho.....

I TOO WAS MOVED...SO FAR WHAT I'VE SEEN OF WOODY ON THIS DVD SET IS GREAT.
15th June 2007 06:32 PM
MidnightRambler
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

I TOO WAS MOVED...SO FAR WHAT I'VE SEEN OF WOODY ON THIS DVD SET IS GREAT.

He delivers throughout every disk on the set, in my opinion.
17th June 2007 03:03 PM
LoveinVainRonnie Depends what you are going for...I was rather impressed as the Stones were with how young and energetic the crowd was in Argentina.

I personally loved the Rio and Argentina show most. I'd also show him the documentary on the third disc.

17th June 2007 04:27 PM
pdog The Stones are becoming Ronnie's band...
The crowd in Argentina is insane... Didn't look like one person over 30 in the crowd... at least not on the pitch...
17th June 2007 10:23 PM
jholcomb I agree, Woody is great throughout each disc!

You know, I never, ever, ever thought I'd utter these words, but he really comes off cooler than Keith.

Jesus, I can't believe I just said that!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)