ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio Anoeta, San Sebastián, 23rd June 2007
© Diario Vasco thanks Jeep and Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt 13th June 2007 - Setlist Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
13th June 2007 08:22 PM
LadyJane GREAT to see Rambler back.
Respectable on the B is nice too.

Fingers and toes crossed that they play Sweet Virginia for our OWN SV in Paris on Saturday!!

LJ.
13th June 2007 08:24 PM
Throwaway 1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. Rough Justice
4. Bitch
5. Monkey Man
6. Sweet Virginia
7. Midnight Rambler
8. I'll Go Crazy
9. Tumbling Dice

10. Wanna Hold You
11. Before They Make Me Run

12. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (to b-stage)
13. Respectable (b-stage)
14. Satisfaction (b-stage)
15. Honky Tonk Women (back to main stage)

16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Paint It Black
18. Brown Sugar

Encore :

19. Jumpin' Jack Flash

OK not that bad. Why not make it 20 though?? Drop YGMR for Shes So Cold/She Was Hot, and add a semi-gem in there like Sway or Dead Flowers.
13th June 2007 08:33 PM
tumbled
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Keeping up with the head checking tradition

checking for fleas and ticks
13th June 2007 08:45 PM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:

that stage (i love it) never looks as good when it's squeezed inside an arena. It always looks stunning in a field, park, or maybe a baseball park with an open ended layout.

still - wish i was there ... and not at work.

ps - hey Pdog, i've got a job interview in SF friday. wish me luck.

Good luck to you, should asked for some luck for The Giants before I left for the game... ugh!
13th June 2007 10:44 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
GREAT to see Rambler back.
Respectable on the B is nice too.

Fingers and toes crossed that they play Sweet Virginia for our OWN SV in Paris on Saturday!!

LJ.

I would be happy with that exact setlist!

14th June 2007 03:37 AM
Fuck! Yeah!! this is the ultimate stadium setlist!!!

including:
Midnight Rambler
Sweet Virginia
Monky Man
Bitch
Respectable

Fucking Hell!
i wish i was there!!, maybe i can hear it all on a bootleg someday, that would be great!

but... when do we get Beast of Burden again? i love the song...

Ciao

[Edited by Fuck!]
[Edited by Fuck!]
14th June 2007 05:23 AM
maumau
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Appearances sake, I would say. If you had a backing musician onstage as a 3rd guitarist for about half the show with what is a legenadary two-guitar rock n roll band, it sends out the wrong message. Having him strum an acoustic at the back of the stage on a couple of tunes or play on Keith's two songs would hardly seem intrusive.

i've just watched Start me up from IOW on youtube which i presume is not "overdubbed" or edited by he stones camp and or channel 4 or whoever. The version rocks and the sound (minus digital compression) is crisp. I payed a lot of attention to keith's strumming and the sound, trying to distinguish ronnie which is not at all easy. Over all the sound is not so thick as to say "3 guitars full throttle". At one point towards the end Keith's just wait a couple o seconds before strumming (nice move that kind of prove that he is there present knowing what to do at least at that moment) and, wonder what, you hear no rhythm guitar any more.

So questions arise: the BC with guitar off stage is on acoustic to "flavour it"? Or is he playing the part of a sort of human "click track"? The only true disappointment here for me is the hiding. Sure I have problems if BC is soloing (that's too much really) but i have no problem if he's there ON STAGE to put some flavour like an acoustic on She so cold or, why not, on Brown Sugar...etc, but no hiding please, that's cheating.
14th June 2007 07:22 AM
sssoul >> if BC is soloing <<

mercy: has some joker started claiming Blondie takes solos??
yes he plays both acoustic and electric; yes you can see him playing in plain view on official releases as well as on bootlegs; and yes he plays offstage on some numbers, just like the backup vocals are done from offstage on some numbers. but if someone claims Blondie's playing solos during Stones shows they're just being silly.
14th June 2007 07:43 AM
corgi37 Ahh, its all showbiz. Who cares if Blondie is offstage? The OX used to fill in for Townsehend (most VERY obvious at the end of Wont get fooled again on Kids are alright) and stupid, right wing, draft dodging Ted Nugent used to have a roadie shoot a glass with an air rifle when he was supposed to be exloding it by hitting high notes on his guitar.

Smoke and mirrors. All part of the magic. Again, like we've said on recent threads, dont be so anal about it.

Fuck me, Darryl sang backing vocals on "Lets spend the night together" in Sydney. My whole world collapsed!
14th June 2007 08:01 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Fuck me, Darryl sang backing vocals on "Lets spend the night together" in Sydney. My whole world collapsed!

OMG!
that's a very disturbing news from the King!
14th June 2007 09:38 AM
Jeep Photos HR-Online / Sven-Oliver Schibat :

14th June 2007 09:52 AM
FotiniD

Awesome pics Jeep!!! Thanks a lot!!

Also, I dread to ask, but what on earth is going on with Mick's hair? I mean, I like the lion-like mane, but... defies gravity
14th June 2007 09:57 AM
EELPIE concerns for KR wellbeing at frankfurt show here http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,733849,page=12
14th June 2007 10:07 AM
FotiniD
quote:
EELPIE wrote:
concerns for KR wellbeing at frankfurt show here http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,733849,page=12

I stopped paying attention when I noticed people were comparing an in-your-face and very bright photo of Keith on the red carpet in POC, with an out-of-focus, darker photo of Mick & Keith from last night and saying "see the difference in just two weeks?". I mean, WHAT difference, for Christ's sakes.

Just reading all the ridiculous stuff about strokes and brain surgeries consequences and all from last year is reason enough for me not to bother. A guy that is so sick as some of the hard-core fans on the boards seem to think he is, is NOT out on the road and on a plane every two nights.
14th June 2007 10:32 AM
speedfreakjive thats one great setlist
14th June 2007 10:33 AM
Saint Sway I think if they arent going to fill the "On Stage" seats with fans, then its time for them to dip into their $300 million dollar kiddy jar and come up with a different stage/set up.

it looks stupid empty.

14th June 2007 10:36 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I think if they arent going to fill the "On Stage" seats with fans, then its time for them to dip into their $300 million dollar kiddy jar and come up with a different stage/set up.

it looks stupid empty.

so true
14th June 2007 10:46 AM
speedfreakjive so good to see Monkey Man in there - i mean its such a great live song IMO, great riff
14th June 2007 10:51 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
so good to see Monkey Man in there - i mean its such a great live song IMO, great riff

and quite appropo considering the reason they had to cancel last summers Europe shows

lets just hope the coconut boy is nailing the riff on this one
14th June 2007 10:52 AM
gypsy Awesome pics, Jeep!

Here are a few from Getty:

14th June 2007 10:53 AM
EELPIE
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

hes nailing nothing apparently
14th June 2007 11:04 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

and quite appropo considering the reason they had to cancel last summers Europe shows

rotflmao
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
14th June 2007 11:44 AM
maumau sssoul, i beg your pardon if i take seriously what other people post

quote:
voodoopug wrote:

yes....it is even worse when you see the band playing up front and then low and behold behind the amps you see it is actually not Keith or Ronnie playing the song. I recall on the Licks Tour that Blondie was actually playing a solo on BTMMR

by the way, this SMU from IOW really rocks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djcAgrZmsMA
[Edited by maumau]
14th June 2007 01:39 PM
Poplar
quote:
maumau wrote:
by the way, this SMU from IOW really rocks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djcAgrZmsMA
[Edited by maumau]

not bad at all. way to go boys.
14th June 2007 03:01 PM
tumbled
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Awesome pics Jeep!!! Thanks a lot!!

Also, I dread to ask, but what on earth is going on with Mick's hair? I mean, I like the lion-like mane, but... defies gravity

someone had just checked him for fleez and tix...lol

NICE JACKET RONNIE!! to have his wardrobe..and to FIT In It!!
[Edited by tumbled]
14th June 2007 05:21 PM
GotToRollMe Nice mane, Mick!

14th June 2007 06:15 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
tumbled wrote:

checking for fleas and ticks

i think this is a weird photo...i don't think keiths hand is actually touching ron woods hair. i think it is more in the fireground about 6" to a foot away....
14th June 2007 06:23 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
MidnightRambler wrote:
What the hell does it matter if Blondie plays guitar?

You can't even hear him anyway.

exacty what i think too...i think he is more of a showpiece and occasional drug supplier
14th June 2007 06:25 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Jeep wrote:
Photos HR-Online / Sven-Oliver Schibat :

another great great set of photos...thanks so much.
please feel free to keep the coming.
15th June 2007 08:32 PM
Lethargy "Blondie's good tonight ain't he"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)