ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio Anoeta, San Sebastián, 23rd June 2007
© Diario Vasco thanks Jeep and Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt 13th June 2007 - Setlist Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
13th June 2007 04:47 PM
FotiniD Lol Gazza, that's good Well, at least that PROVES those are no wigs baby

Some more (with no lice!) :

[Edited by FotiniD]
Bitch I wish someone would tell KEEF its not cool to wear the same jacket 3 shows in a row!!!! Get something else out of wardrobe!
Lord (Hetero)
quote:
maumau wrote:
there is someone here who will bring this as evidence for the wig affair...

LOL, he's not head checking; he's re-setting the wig. Came loose a bit.,..;0
Glad Gazza found a suitable pic; I had also been looking. That one was just too obvious.
[Edited by Lord (Hetero)]
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

^ bitter Elton John posting at its finest!!
13th June 2007 04:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
maumau wrote:

thanks gaz for the usual work...
then, you've been to a stones concert and look at blondie playing for 80mins?

I've been in the front rows off to the side and have noticed him play electric and acoustic on a reasonable amount of songs, aside from the ones where he's "onstage". Maybe not 80 mins as after all he IS onstage for a sizeable part of the show, but it definitely happens on a few songs, including the very first one.

If you see any of the typed setlists for each show, you'l see abbreviations such as "BC Off stage" which indicate it.
13th June 2007 04:51 PM
Lord (Hetero)
quote:
Bitch wrote:
I wish someone would tell KEEF its not cool to wear the same jacket 3 shows in a row!!!! Get something else out of wardrobe!

Didn't Keith pretty much stay in the same black jeans, white silk shirt and snakeskin boots for the last 6 weeks of the 72 tour?? Haha..somewhere there is a quote from Keith where he says "I've had like one bath since tour's beginning and I still smell sweeter than Jagger."
13th June 2007 04:54 PM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I've been in the front rows off to the side and have noticed him play electric and acoustic on a reasonable amount of songs, aside from the ones where he's "onstage". Maybe not 80 mins as after all he IS onstage for a sizeable part of the show, but it definitely happens on a few songs, including the very first one.

If you see any of the typed setlists for each show, you'l see abbreviations such as "BC Off stage" which indicate it.

One of the things that makes me cringe about modern Stones gigs. I wonder how they feel OK enough about it, to include it on the setlists Sort of making it into a routine then, validating it. I mean, MY ego wouldn't take it, I don't see how Keith can...
13th June 2007 04:55 PM
Saint Sway thru a mutual friend, I was introduced to one of their guitar wranglers - J.D. - who confessed to have had to fill in behind the scenes for a certain guitarist on more than one occassion.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
13th June 2007 04:55 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Blondie plays on about 70% of the songs, many from backstage.

I find this claim dubious! Why would Blondie play openly on some tunes, and be hidden for others. It makes absolutely no sense.
13th June 2007 04:57 PM
maumau
quote:
Gazza wrote:

thanks for the explanation. now i see. and it is quite sad.
13th June 2007 04:58 PM
Martha Great photos! Thanks for posting them Fotini.

I love Keef in green. My lucky color. :-)

Now I anxiously await reviews.

xxoo<
MM
13th June 2007 04:59 PM
KeithRichards You can also see it at the Rio show - for the first few numbers Blondie is behind the amps, playing guitar.
13th June 2007 05:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I find this claim dubious! Why would Blondie play openly on some tunes, and be hidden for others. It makes absolutely no sense.

Appearances sake, I would say. If you had a backing musician onstage as a 3rd guitarist for about half the show with what is a legenadary two-guitar rock n roll band, it sends out the wrong message. Having him strum an acoustic at the back of the stage on a couple of tunes or play on Keith's two songs would hardly seem intrusive.
13th June 2007 05:03 PM
Stray Cat UK It's nothing new.Stu was playing backstage in 1964 !

Keith looks better tonight. I anxiously await reports.

sc uk
13th June 2007 05:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
maumau wrote:

thanks for the explanation. now i see. and it is quite sad.

here's the setlist printout for Nijmegen (via MononoM). I dont think they list them for Keith's two songs but hes on a few others. You can see that at this show hes playing offstage during the opening song and during the b-stage.

13th June 2007 05:11 PM
Gazza text from Stephan :

'Ecstatic audience. Jagger at his best, took long stage runsm danced quite a lot and the whole band was in a better playing mood than in Werchter and Nijmegen. maybe due to the smaller audience of just hardcore fans - but a less exciting setlist in my opinion compared to the two shows before'
13th June 2007 05:18 PM
Stray Cat UK WHO IS BV ?
So Blondie plays on Bstage numbers. That's really sad.

sc uk
13th June 2007 05:22 PM
Stray Cat UK I've just realised Backing Vocals DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scuk
13th June 2007 05:24 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
WHO IS BV ?
So Blondie plays on Bstage numbers. That's really sad.

sc uk

BV is backing vocals, I believe. That and Blondie's guitar sort of vitiates the B-state concept, does it not?
13th June 2007 05:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

BV is backing vocals, I believe. That and Blondie's guitar sort of vitiates the B-state concept, does it not?

yes....it is even worse when you see the band playing up front and then low and behold behind the amps you see it is actually not Keith or Ronnie playing the song. I recall on the Licks Tour that Blondie was actually playing a solo on BTMMR
13th June 2007 05:36 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

yes....it is even worse when you see the band playing up front and then low and behold behind the amps you see it is actually not Keith or Ronnie playing the song. I recall on the Licks Tour that Blondie was actually playing a solo on BTMMR

They should just retire Ronnie, fire Blondie and bring in Waddy Wachtel full time. I'd be fine with that.
13th June 2007 05:50 PM
Honky Tonk Man According to that song sheet, Blondie appears to only be on three songs for this show. That suggests to me that it really is just to fill out the sound or add some flavour when necessary and not to cover Keith and Ronnies clowning around.
13th June 2007 06:04 PM
MidnightRambler What the hell does it matter if Blondie plays guitar?

You can't even hear him anyway.
13th June 2007 06:08 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
MidnightRambler wrote:
What the hell does it matter if Blondie plays guitar?

You can't even hear him anyway.

the part that troubles me when Blondie plays guitar is that theres no one covering his tamborine shaking or marraca playing. Thats a huge void. And the overall show clearly suffers from not having tamborine on those songs.
13th June 2007 06:17 PM
throbby Blondie (or someone else) was on acoustic during "She's So Cold" at the 10/05 Philly show. Quite clear in the recording of the show.

Think of it as "fairy dust".
13th June 2007 06:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
throbby wrote:
Blondie (or someone else) was on acoustic during "She's So Cold" at the 10/05 Philly show. Quite clear in the recording of the show.

Think of it as "fairy dust".

thing is, I dont recall the original recording of Shes So Cold having any acoustic fairy dust sprinkled on it.

the current stones just randomly add parts to songs that shouldnt be there. Best example is horns on T&A
13th June 2007 06:32 PM
throbby The horns on T&A ruined the experience for me. I've got nothing against horns, but not on that song. The only thing worse would be hearing the elevator version when I'm 60.
13th June 2007 06:39 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
throbby wrote:
The horns on T&A ruined the experience for me. I've got nothing against horns, but not on that song. The only thing worse would be hearing the elevator version when I'm 60.

Is that first quote in your signature box from Keith? ...
13th June 2007 06:49 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Is that first quote in your signature box from Keith? ...

Ian Billen?
13th June 2007 06:52 PM
throbby Yes. It was from an interview he did with Barbara Charone in '76, after the Glasgow show. Both quotes were from the same conversation. Found the article at www.rocksbackpages.com

Nice site if your into that sort of thing.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)