ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio Anoeta, San Sebastián, 23rd June 2007
© Diario Vasco thanks Jeep and Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Goffert Park, Nijmegen 8th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
9th June 2007 06:02 PM
FotiniD Well, there are a lot of good points in these threads, and not for a single minute was my intention to say that people are not entitled to their opinions or that I'm the one who's right or even insult anyone (SS!). I too am disappointed by many things Stones-wise and I've talked about those in the recent and not so recent past. What bugged me - and still does - is how quick we sometimes are to condemn the band we love, forgetting the obvious facts that are obviously going to be affecting them at this point in their timeline. This disappoints me a lot more than a sloppy night for Keith. (Keith, of all the people. As if he's been renowned for keeping it straight and to the point.)

Anyway, things are getting a little too nasty and it's not my cup of tea exactly (SS wants to deck me in one thread and kiss me in another - well! )

It's just the beginning of a tour for crying out loud. I thought we could all talk about it, and of course point out the negative stuff when there are some, but with less certainty that everything's going downhill and to waste. I have tons of reasons to nag and get depressed in life, I don't need to do this with the stuff that's supposed to be giving me joy - like the Stones. What's with all the downright pessimism?! Aren't we taking things a little TOO hard and seriously?!

LJ is right. This will be over, sooner, later, I don't care - and I don't think that any of us will stand up and say "well, it was about time". I see it as a bonus. I'd have higher expectations if it was the beginning or middle of their career. I'd forgive less. But for crying out loud, cut them some slack. And if you won't, cause you think you're taken for a ride or you're making up excuses, fine! Stop paying. It's your choice to make, it's in your hand.
9th June 2007 06:19 PM
pdog Don't worry Fontini, in the end, those of us here that are bickering, are the all the forgiving type when we disagree.
I think it's a testament to how much we love the band and each other, that we are so passionate, and brutally honest...
It reminds me of family stuff when an older memeber was ill and old... Actaully, it is identical, considering the circumstances... We are all processing this stuff, and none of us are wrong about our own feelings... I my case, The Stones are the same age my parents are...
9th June 2007 07:27 PM
egon http://www.planet.nl/planet/show/id=74766/contentid=849880/sc=fcdd6b
9th June 2007 07:54 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Up to a point. But even the most casual listeners can tell when the bottom falls out of a song...

Yes Mel very true...This band has been my one true thing since 1963.Been through a lot with them and vice versa.I just dont wanna let go and if they stop or arent on top...its kinda like well...now I'm old.....Kinda scares me to be honest.....
9th June 2007 08:15 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Pictures:

http://hans.hellevoort.eu/

9th June 2007 08:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG Nice job, GTRM!!!
9th June 2007 09:54 PM
mrhipfl satisfaction with a nice solo

wanna hold you still not a lot of playing, but there's a nice solo near the end

Happy

sweet virginia

all over now

Paint it black

One more Satisfaction from Werchter, sounds fine

9th June 2007 11:47 PM
deuce Happy is just plain painful to watch and anyone who defends it needs a reality check. People talk about how it's the beginning of the tour and everything, but they have been playing these songs for DECADES!
10th June 2007 01:08 AM
gypsy

Courtesy of AFP
10th June 2007 02:31 AM
MikeyC613 keiths singin well on wanna hold you, the solo on satisfaction sounded pretty standard, nothing wrong there. what the hell happened on the intro to happy? kinda weird.
10th June 2007 03:12 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:
keiths singin well on wanna hold you, the solo on satisfaction sounded pretty standard, nothing wrong there. what the hell happened on the intro to happy? kinda weird.

what happened is that he screwed up the intro and got lost for a second so he waited for a good spot to jump back in.
10th June 2007 03:37 AM
Moonisup that intro from happy was bad, but the sad thing really is that he couldn't get back in the song. NOt knowing where to start, and happy is an easy song to play!
10th June 2007 03:56 AM
Altamont

,;
[Edited by Altamont]
10th June 2007 04:01 AM
Altamont I have a question about the Sweet Virginia clip. Who is playing the acoustic guitar intro? I see mick, Keith and Ronnie, But Keef and Ronnie are holding electric guitars, Mick is holding an accoustic, yet playing harp. Who is playing the accoustic intro??
10th June 2007 04:20 AM
sssoul whatever anyone makes of the intro, that is one glorious Happy once it gets going! Keith's voice sounds great, too.

two "semi-technical" questions: has he changed the key?
and: using the sunburst Tele on Happy is a switch, isn't it?
10th June 2007 04:23 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Altamont wrote:
I have a question about the Sweet Virginia clip. Who is playing the acoustic guitar intro? I see mick, Keith and Ronnie, But Keef and Ronnie are holding electric guitars, Mick is holding an accoustic, yet playing harp. Who is playing the accoustic intro??

probably Blondie
10th June 2007 04:28 AM
Altamont
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

probably Blondie

fuck.
10th June 2007 04:32 AM
Moonisup explosie!

Beetje unsharp a bit:

10th June 2007 04:36 AM
Altamont Those are damn good pictures Moonisup.
10th June 2007 04:37 AM
Moonisup

10th June 2007 06:01 AM
egon
10th June 2007 09:09 AM
gimmekeef Newspaper story says..Keith "gewooning"....is that good?...somehow it sounds bad to me
10th June 2007 09:34 AM
Moonisup
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Newspaper story says..Keith "gewooning"....is that good?...somehow it sounds bad to me

it's about the fact the he was walking on his socks
10th June 2007 09:36 AM
sssoul Babelfish says "Keith gewoon op zijn sokken" means he is simply on his socks.
as opposed to the Mick's penchant for flamboyant socks, i presume? :E

>> it's about the fact the he was walking on his socks <<

ohh ... you mean Keith took his shoes off??

[Edited by sssoul]
10th June 2007 09:56 AM
PartyDoll MEG Rik..more great photos!

yes.... "on his socks"...Is that a good thing?
10th June 2007 10:17 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat I wear wooden shoes these days.
10th June 2007 11:24 AM
Mel Belli The video clips won't load for me, and on YouTube itself, it says "private" videos require an invite. Argh!
10th June 2007 01:16 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

Wow...great pics! Can't believe you caught Charlie smiling! Good one!
10th June 2007 06:57 PM
fireontheplatter great photos and videos.....

thanks for posting them

i hope to see more from other up and coming concerts.
11th June 2007 02:59 PM
egon
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)