ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Kicking the tour off babies!
First show of the tour and live debut for Rocks Off
Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver BC - June 3, 1972
© 1972 Globe Photos / Rex Features - With thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: More than a B stage? Return to archive
June 18th, 2005 08:09 PM
kahoosier Found this on a posting in RS.COM in response to questions about B stage:

"Call the venue and ask.
The Columbus show does not specifically show one but has a floor grid with space. I called the arena and they said they could "confirm" a small second stage between sections 104 and 114 of the lower bowl and between sections 3 and 4 on the floor."

Now sec 104 and 114 face each other across the arena in the non floor seats. This would imply something like a ramp arcing around the back of the arena in the elevated seats. My guess, if the report is correct, is that it is a new way for MJ to work the crowd (like the side ramps in '81). I doubt the whole band gets there. So can any one confirm, deny, or better explain this report
June 18th, 2005 09:08 PM
Soul Survivor I have heard nothing about this. Sounds like a cool concept. We'll see what unfolds...
June 18th, 2005 11:52 PM
glencar Didn't U2 do that on the Elevation tour?
June 19th, 2005 12:22 AM
kahoosier well U2 encircled part of the audience near the front of the stage. If you look at the seating chart that is described...what they are talking about here is something that basically circles the entire back half of the arena out beyond that B Stage.

Now it is hard to guess if this is true, but it would explain why floor seast at the back are as expensive as floor seats at the front and also why expensive seats now creep up the sides off the floor, because if this happens at some point in time seats at the back of the place will have as good a view as seats at the front. However, I am not sure that this should not have been explained. The surprise will be over after he first show or two, but the bad press on ticket pricing will last for months before the tour starts.
June 20th, 2005 12:04 AM
Soldatti U2 did something similar on their last tour.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)