ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Kicking the tour off babies!
First show of the tour and live debut for Rocks Off
Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver BC - June 3, 1972
© 1972 Globe Photos / Rex Features - With thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: King of Punk Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 18th, 2005 04:16 PM
Cant Catch Me Elvis, to me the most important figure in rock n' roll, didn't have enough of a mind to be punk and rather was the tool of his environment and others, namely Sam Phillips and Colonel Parker. But Elvis did have the enormous and unprecedented talent that, shaped by minds more intelligent than his own, became the prodigious rock n' roll force that he was.

But, if sentient intelligence is a necessary ingredient of punk, where does that leave a tool like Sid Vicious? Perhaps Sid was so nasty, self-destructive and nihilistic that he was punk without really consciously trying?

Although, Blooze, the Eagles aren't punk, they're "Desparadoes . . . "
[Edited by Cant Catch Me]
June 18th, 2005 05:47 PM
justforyou Some definitions fished out of the net:

-An aggressive and violent young criminal

-A rough, violent person who engages in destructive actions

-A young person, especially a member of a rebellious counterculture group.

-Rock music with deliberately offensive lyrics expressing anger and social alienation; in part a reaction against progressive rock

-A type of rock 'n' roll with loud, energetic music and often harsh lyrics criticizing traditional society and culture. It was named after the punks, an anarchistic youth movement that surfaced in Great Britain in the 1970s.
June 18th, 2005 09:09 PM
Soul Survivor I'm the king of punk

Undisputed.
June 18th, 2005 09:44 PM
CraigP Punks are modern hippies. Except for the Nazi punks which ,honestly, who are very rare. Not all are anarcho, street punks, "smart punks".
(Boston has a huge scene)

Once the sex pistols were signed to E.M.I. records punk became a fashion just like hippie used to be. The corporate junkies made a killing.

Some "smart punk" or Real punk for ya are the SUBHUMANS.
I've seen them my second time, coming up in July.

"Punks are hippies, just less pacifist. (Alot of nice, intelligent people dedicated to their style.
Sometimes I get decked out, myself.

Anything you need to know...

June 18th, 2005 09:51 PM
jb Sadly, the Stones had a former neo-nazi band open for them in Germany...
June 19th, 2005 04:30 PM
CraigP The Sex Pistols are no the kings on punk. Maybe mainstream punk. The Pistols had a PRODUCER (What about the whole "Do it yourself" thing) his name was Steve Jones.

The Pistols, the Clash etc.. were sell-outs. They bought right into the system which they sang so against ($$$).

The next thing you know, people are seeing others on (TV) who "look like that" and start ripping their clothes and putting safety-pins through their ears.

Boston still has a huge underground punk scene. I love it, great people. Modern Hippies.

The true leaders of punk are Steve Ignorant (Crass)
and the SUBHUMANS (both british bands)
The SUBHIMANS are coming back to America from Britain for another tour this year. July 18th.

I went through the phase of the Pistols and Nevermind the Bollocks, I've moved on to real punk. "Smart punk"

That doesn't mean I dress like a steroetypical punk. Sometimes I dress preppy, hippie, tight pants-baggay pants... I'm a style whore I guess.

Check out the SUBHUMANS, listen to the lyrics and learn something.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)