ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Kicking the tour off babies!
First show of the tour and live debut for Rocks Off
Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver BC - June 3, 1972
© 1972 Globe Photos / Rex Features - With thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Never Let Her Go-Don't Stop Return to archive
June 16th, 2005 07:28 AM
Nellcote I was reviewing some songs from the Some Girls era, came upon this cut, Never Let Her Go. I'd not heard it for at least five years, and was shocked of the similarity of the opening chords to Don't Stop. It is much slower, more melodic, however, it is direct link to Don't Stop. Am I late to the game on this, or has this not been noticed?

Discuss....
June 16th, 2005 07:33 AM
egon get yourself een avater nelly;

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/Egonvdv/Photo012.jpg
June 16th, 2005 07:37 AM
Nellcote Egon, you are great to give this, thanks loads.
June 16th, 2005 07:43 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I was reviewing some songs from the Some Girls era, came upon this cut, Never Let Her Go. I'd not heard it for at least five years, and was shocked of the similarity of the opening chords to Don't Stop. It is much slower, more melodic, however, it is direct link to Don't Stop. Am I late to the game on this, or has this not been noticed?

Discuss....

funny! yesterday I was listening to place pigalle1, and the version of "so young" from 79 is the same than the 95's one
(b side of love is strong),only the voice was re recorded....it seems this Era was and maybe (next record!) will be a major inspiration for the Stones...

I will check "never let her go" tonight Nellcote and I ll tell you!!

cheers

Ju
June 16th, 2005 07:49 AM
egon my pleasure.
June 16th, 2005 08:19 AM
Zack
quote:
egon wrote:
get yourself een avater nelly;

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/Egonvdv/Photo012.jpg

Speaking of photobuckets, Nelly should use today's header for an avatar. That's a fucking awesome shot - Ronnie's still playing!
June 16th, 2005 08:31 AM
Nasty Habits It would, indeed, make a fine avatar.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
June 16th, 2005 08:22 PM
Child of the Moon I am SO tempted to use that as my new avatar...
June 16th, 2005 10:23 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I was reviewing some songs from the Some Girls era, came upon this cut, Never Let Her Go. I'd not heard it for at least five years, and was shocked of the similarity of the opening chords to Don't Stop. It is much slower, more melodic, however, it is direct link to Don't Stop. Am I late to the game on this, or has this not been noticed?

Discuss....

It's not so clear, but you I can hear similarities.
June 17th, 2005 12:06 AM
glencar Never heard of it. What boot is it on?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)