ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Kicking the tour off babies!
First show of the tour and live debut for Rocks Off
Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver BC - June 3, 1972
© 1972 Globe Photos / Rex Features - With thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Header - The Original Buckethead! Return to archive
June 15th, 2005 10:19 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy That header brightened my day. Thanks, Unholy Trinity!

The guitar looks suspiciously like Ronnie's, and I can't see Mick Taylor doing anything remotely close to that on stage or off... Keith seems to be the more destructive prankster (hijacking the cherry-picker)...

"Now try playing it with your teeth, Ronnie!"
June 15th, 2005 10:25 AM
Nellcote It is Ronnie, '75 tour.
Which was Wicked Pissa!
June 15th, 2005 10:32 AM
Nasty Habits Surely you've seen the Mick Taylor in the AFRO picture, haven't you Zyzz?

Good thing Mick dumped the water out the bucket first or that'd be Kentucky Fried Pickin' goin' on.

June 15th, 2005 10:35 AM
luxury1 Savage Young One!! Hello! What shows are you going to this tour, or are you still reeling from the "blistering" guitar work from the Licks Tour? We are tailgating somewhere on the 21st--join us. Nellcote has the particulars......
June 15th, 2005 11:29 AM
Maxlugar That's Keith, no?

June 15th, 2005 11:38 AM
moy that guitar was owned by ronnie he used that also in the 1978 and the 1979 new barbarians tour

great picture
June 15th, 2005 11:45 AM
Maxlugar Is that the engraved one? Then it would be Ronnie yes.

To me his hands and stance look like Keith.

Plus in video I've seen him leave the bucket on Keith's head.

He is standing near the piano though...

Hmmm....

June 15th, 2005 12:11 PM
Nellcote Wrong side of stage for Keith, note piano placement...
however, upon further reflection, are those the famous striped pants?
[Edited by Nellcote]
June 15th, 2005 12:46 PM
Jumacfly 1975/2005..could someone please remove the bucket on Ronnie's head?? just kidding, great header indeed, thanks for this great pic !!

Oh, and that may explain his haircut too
June 15th, 2005 12:57 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Is that the engraved one? Then it would be Ronnie yes.

To me his hands and stance look like Keith.

Plus in video I've seen him leave the bucket on Keith's head.

He is standing near the piano though...

Hmmm....

He's playing a Zemaitis. DUH! Keith only has ONE Tony Zemaitis guitar, and it's got skulls & knives & stuff on it.Ronnie, aka "the original buckethead", has like SIX of them. Including the one in today's header.

You're slipping, 'Lugar.

June 15th, 2005 01:18 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Savage Young One!! Hello! What shows are you going to this tour, or are you still reeling from the "blistering" guitar work from the Licks Tour? We are tailgating somewhere on the 21st--join us. Nellcote has the particulars......

Hey, yeah! I'm off to see them "blistering" guitars again on the 21st, right before I head back to college. Lemme know where the tailgating's at, I'll get off of work early and grab a beer with y'all.

Mick Taylor? Afro? Do tell!
June 15th, 2005 01:24 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff are you sure that isn't 1976 european tour???
It looks Paris, or not??
Great photo, i love it
for me they were playng HEY NEGRITA
June 15th, 2005 01:33 PM
Monkey Woman Ronnie Wood, official court jester to the Rolling Stones since 1975!
June 15th, 2005 02:03 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Hmmm....

HEY! I can't access maxlugar.com, and Max's avatar and signature have vanished...

WHASSUP?

Did Fiji fall asleep on the couch while smoking a USA Gold and burn down the Casa de Maxy?

(the official cigarette of the War on Terror!)

Was there a theft of bandwidth involved?

Did The Second Coming leave Max so visibly shaken that he gave up his webmastering ways?

WHAT??? WHAT??? I gots to know!
June 15th, 2005 02:32 PM
Child of the Moon Buckethead Ronnie! Is that you!?

Some Sealab 2021 humor, for those who know...
June 15th, 2005 04:58 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
The Young Savage wrote:

Mick Taylor? Afro? Do tell!

It's a '73 Euro tour pic. I think that there was something to do with him being in disguise because he was playing with the Billy Preston Band who was opening for the Stones (I may be talking out my ass). Anyway, he has this humongous afro wig on his head. It's really funny because he's in his customary Taylor stance with that look of total concentration on his face and this huge afro on. I couldn't find it during a most cursory internet search.

Voodoo -- you know where that picture is?

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
June 15th, 2005 05:16 PM
Dan I was wondering if Buckethead played on any of Mick's solo gigs.
June 15th, 2005 05:20 PM
gypsy I sent that photo to Voodoo yesterday, along with several others, and it took a long time to send the file because it was large. I usually send him the photographer and date, etc..., but forgot to last night.
It is indeed Ronnie underneath the bucket. The photo is by Graham Wiltshire/Hulton Archive, taken on May 26, 1976 at Earl's Court, London, England.

[Edited by gypsy]
June 15th, 2005 05:20 PM
Nasty Habits Mick hasn't gigged shirtless since the advent of buckethead, has he?

June 15th, 2005 09:52 PM
Soldatti Funny header, thanks gypsy.
June 16th, 2005 12:22 AM
Bob Tamp I would venture to say that the pic is from the 1976 European tour.
June 16th, 2005 12:22 AM
Bitch Love this pic of RONNIE & MICK!

Love this site because of the seemingly endless supply of very unusual pics, a great variety.
Amuzing, amazing, Cool.

Sweet. MICK shirtless.
June 16th, 2005 12:37 AM
BrianJonesForever Has anyone seen Mike Myers do Ronnie?? Hopefully you've all seen his Keith impression, but he did a skit on SNL a few years ago, and it was some sort of wilderness show, and 'Ronnie' was a guest, with a marini, cig, and a velvet jacket on. I laughed my ass off.
June 16th, 2005 02:42 AM
marko This is a 1976 tour pic.Fantastic btw........
June 16th, 2005 09:01 AM
FPM C10
quote:
BrianJonesForever wrote:
Has anyone seen Mike Myers do Ronnie??

Yeah, it's better than his Keith. He talks unintelligibly - the only word you can understand is "eskimo".

It's dead on.
[Edited by FPM C10]
June 16th, 2005 09:11 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the header

Thanks Gypsy!!

Earl's Court, London - May 26, 1976

© raham Wiltshire/Hulton Archives with thanks to Gypsy!
June 16th, 2005 09:13 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is c close up to Ronnie's Zemaitis

June 16th, 2005 10:44 AM
gimmekeef Must be Ronnie..cant see Keith putting up with it!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)