ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Kicking the tour off babies!
First show of the tour and live debut for Rocks Off
Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver BC - June 3, 1972
© 1972 Globe Photos / Rex Features - With thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Crawling Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
June 14th, 2005 02:00 PM
jb Dear Friends,
IT’S HERE.
Many have said that the best way to go out is to go out is on top. On that fateful spring day in Boca Raton, while sitting on my deck allowing the sun to reflect off of my pool, I was at peace with my decision to take a hiatus from Rocks-Off. I truly left on top. For years, I was loyal to two boards, Rocks Off and Shidoobee. I have great respect for the atmosphere Doug had created and shall continue to post there without pause. I want to thank Doug publicly for his hospitality. I then made the choice to take a break from Rocks-Off for reasons that I made well known.

I then found myself posting at several other boards during my hiatus from Rocks-Off. Sadly, with the stress of being a highly successful, powerful attorney, self-made millionaire, loving father, husband, and mentor to Monster (please note, he would have been a show dog if not for an undecended testicle), I no longer have time to carry other boards. I had my fun splashing around in the kiddie pool, but now its time once again for the adult swim. I harbor no ill feelings towards other boards or their members, but until the day comes when I feel I must start my own board, I no longer have the strength and desire to perform weekly CPR on boards that continue to discuss the same interesting topics each week.

I would like to thank all of you who sent numerous PM’s, e-mails, Western Union Telegrams, letters, etc. Without you, I would not be returning. Thanks to Pug, Joey, Moonie, Dutch Rik, Lady Jane, Gypsy, Parmeda,(the ROCC) and many other loyal friends(too voluminous for me to name) for supporting me and keeping my legacy alive on Rocks-Off. Pug has briefed me on the new direction of the board. I have been informed that this is not a chat room, yet a stones information board. While certain posts, such as the legendary "Pug of the Day", "Howe can this happen", "Superblow", "tribute to Pete Townsend, and others are permitted to live on, they must remain confined and not be commingled with other threads which contain vital Stones information.

With that in mind, I humbly accept the public apology offered by Joey and Pug on behalf of others. My enemies list is wiped clean. I cannot say for sure how my return will be handled, but I ask all of you is to understand that in real life , I am a big/tall man with all the pluses and minus' that go with that. (If confused, please see LBJ circa 1965). Returning here will also help me decide if I shall take my family to Stones shows other than in Miami , where I have top-notch security arrangements already in place. If I fall under severe attack here, I shall not venture out of state with my family, as I cannot place Mrs. "JB" or my fine children in harms way. The potential of a blind-side attack will be to great. Instead, I will travel solo, in a disguise that would make it impossible for anyone to recognize me. I will advise my friends of my whereabouts and greet them individually at one of the 5 Star hotels I shall be staying out. I have always stood for peace, moderation, and tolerance of others. I will not subject myself to harms way.

On personal note, I am disappointed that the Miami Heat was ousted from the playoffs by a bunch of no talent thugs. Just this past weekend, a man verbally attacked the Miami Heat while my wife and I were at one of the many “hot spots” enjoying a drink in Boca Raton. He was a Detroit fan, and obviously I completely humiliated him by informing him of the poor ticket sales at Comerica Park.(Only 11K in a 40K seat stadium-see also Tampa, Hershey, Anaheim, Hartford, Denver, Toronto, Salt Lake)...His only defense was a few bland, unoriginal lawyer jokes, to which I laughed at, and asked if he was even able to afford talking to me and my extremely high hourly rate. That night, as I sped home in my Porsche, I was almost too ill to drink any of my Johnny Walker Blue Label in my voluminous bedroom, with sitting room and wet bar, which overlooks my stunning pool and deck.

I also want to advise that I shall not travel outside of Miami for a show that has not sold out this tour. I cannot bring myself to sit in half empty arenas/stadiums. For those of you who are flying across the country to see the Stones in less than filled venues, there will be one less person sitting in the Gold Club Rooms in airports, and one more first class seat available. If I do catch one non- sold out show outside of Florida, it will only be as a gesture of friendship to those who do not judge.

Lastly, I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment. My staff of physicians has recently informed me that my prostate is in fine shape, small and smooth, but I fear they have not performed an adequate amount of tests to confirm their diagnosis. Combine this with my fear of ALS, obsessive compulsive behavior, and heightened level of paranoia and I feel the time is right for me to come back to where I belong….Rocks Off.

While I cannot guarantee that I will maintain the new direction of the board as an information location, I will do my best to follow the new policies set forth by the administrators. With that in mind, Joey…welcome to the 16K party, mind you that is not congratulation

God Bless and thanks again to all of you...as F-Andrew said, I would be nothing without you(Bye).

June 14th, 2005 02:02 PM
voodoopug i told you joey! ITS HERE!!!!

June 14th, 2005 02:03 PM
Maxlugar That's it????

June 14th, 2005 02:06 PM
littleredrooster Oh!
JEEEEZ!

Just when we thought it was safe to go into the water!
June 14th, 2005 02:11 PM
Nellcote Thankfully, after that missive, I am not a monthly check
to you.
Although the Miami Heat story was good.
The health matters fall under the category of "tmi", and although health matters stink, you really need to suck it up, we've all got 'em.
Welcome Back, Just in time for Football Season!
CAN YOU SAY DOLPHINS TANK AGAIN?????????
June 14th, 2005 02:11 PM
Joey

Hello My Stones Brothers & sisters ...............

I just wanted to drop a quick note and let everyone know that : " It's Com...................................

" then found myself posting at several other boards during my hiatus from Rocks-Off. Sadly, with the stress of being a highly successful, powerful attorney, self-made millionaire, loving father, husband, and mentor to Monster (please note, he would have been a show dog if not for an undecended testicle), I no longer have time to carry other boards. I had my fun splashing around in the kiddie pool .......... "

.......... ing ! " ™

J- J- J- J Joshy ?!?!?!

B- B- B- B- Baby Joshy ?!?!

Is that really YOU ?!?!?!

Man , where in the Hell have you BEEN . One thing about you my Stonesian Brother , you were ALWAYS Minty Fresh and Man could you write a post .

Welcome Home My Joshy ..............

Jacky ! ™

June 14th, 2005 02:13 PM
Joey

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

I must ask you all .... has Maxy had his Feeding Tube(s) removed?

His posts are getting weaker and weaker...

Tee Hee !!!!
June 14th, 2005 02:22 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew "With that in mind, I humbly accept the public apology offered by Joey and Pug on behalf of others. My enemies list is wiped clean."

What? Well, I publicly, on behalf of all the others, rescind the apology that was not Joey and Pug's to give. And start me off at the top of your enemy list. I am feverishly working out a deal with Fiji for the rights to Bizarro JB. We'll see if this board can stand two arrogant jackasses
June 14th, 2005 02:30 PM
Nellcote Any deal for an avatar should be well documented.
For heaven's sake, we do not need another lawsuit!
Only the lawyers win in a lawsuit.
Just ask Michael Jackson!
June 14th, 2005 02:30 PM
Monkey Woman Things are getting back to normal... Tour is on the way... Album too... Mick and Jerry enjoying drama... Outrageous news everyday... And jb is back.
June 14th, 2005 02:31 PM
FPM C10 Sup JB.

I'm afraid that from his point on F*cking Andrew will be nothing more than Fiji's flamboyantly gay sidekick.
June 14th, 2005 02:35 PM
gimmekeef Is this real?...man how can posting on a board be taken so seriously....
June 14th, 2005 02:38 PM
Joey
SUP FLEABIT !!!

SUP REMUS !!!!!!

Not surprising that Fiji continues to stare blankly and uncomprehendingly...like cows in a passing train...The Joey will not dumb down for any mass audience .

Stritzee !

June 14th, 2005 02:41 PM
Maxlugar Poor Voodoo...

June 14th, 2005 02:44 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Fiji's flamboyantly gay sidekick wrote:
I am not Fiji. Just a big fan. In fake like and in real life. I've worked with him for four years. He turned me on to the Stones and this board. His modesty in light of all that he has accomplished, compared to the incessant bragging of your hero, is truly amazing. To know the real Fiji is to love him. I have become convinced that there is nothing he can't do. Seriously if you knew half of what he has accomplished in so many different areas, you would be amazed. Dude is liking fucking superman.

So no, I am not Fiji. My name is Andy. Fucking Andy. I do not plan on taking Fiji's place. And I am not going to relay messages. If your hero returns, I will leave. I don't need this shit.

In case anyone couldn't wade through all of that, let me edit it down:

quote:
F*cking Andrew wrote:

If your hero (JB) returns, I will leave. I don't need this shit.

I thought we had a deal here, Andy. JB has returned. Are you reneging?

June 14th, 2005 02:50 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew Yes, that's right. I am outta here. I'll watch from afar as this board's control is handed over to angry FPM, jackass jb, and their toad Joey.

Fucking Andy is out ya'll.
June 14th, 2005 02:52 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Fuc*ing Andrew wrote:
Yes, that's right. I am outta here. I'll watch from afar as this board's control is handed over to angry FPM, jackass jb, and their toad Joey.

Fucking Andy is out ya'll.

I'm starting to think JB is a divider and not a uniter, no?

June 14th, 2005 02:54 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I'm starting to think JB is a divider and not a uniter, no?

I just think it's hilarious that Fiji has now stomped off this board in a huff now under, what, THREE different names?

If you can't keep your pets on their meds, Maxy, then please observe the leash laws!

Flacky!

June 14th, 2005 02:59 PM
Maxlugar [quote]FPM C10 wrote:

I just think it's hilarious that Fiji has now stomped off this board in a huff now under, what, THREE different names?

If you can't keep your pets on their meds, Maxy, then please observe the leash laws!

Flacky!

I'm not sure I'll have any pets soon...

I'm...not...sure...I...can....

[Deep breath]

END.
June 14th, 2005 03:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]FPM C10 wrote:

Flacky!

I'm not sure I'll have any pets soon...

I'm...not...sure...I...can....

[Deep breath]

END.

with Maxy's constant posting here, i get the feeling he misses jb? why else would he care so much to try and anger voodoo with it??

Cheers Maxy!

Sup Fleabit??
June 14th, 2005 03:08 PM
Maxlugar [quote]voodoopug wrote:
with Maxy's constant posting here, i get the feeling he misses jb? why else would he care so much to try and anger voodoo with it??

Cheers Maxy!

Poor Voodoo!

June 14th, 2005 03:09 PM
Joey

" I'm not sure I'll have any pets soon..."

!!!!!!!!!!!

June 14th, 2005 03:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

" I'm not sure I'll have any pets soon..."

!!!!!!!!!!!

June 14th, 2005 03:11 PM
voodoopug jb, joey, and myself have always supported Voodoo and shall continue as long as jb has flank pain, loose skin, and scalp fasciculations!
June 14th, 2005 03:14 PM
CraigP Like I said: Like vegetarians, they always go back.
June 14th, 2005 03:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

I must ask you all .... has Maxy had his Feeding Tube(s) removed?

His posts are getting weaker and weaker...

Tee Hee !!!!

Sadly, i have been informed that Knee Cap Fasciculations should be added to the ailment list....jb suspects this is just the beginning of a major problem! HOw is everyone else feeling? I feel good, aside from headaches caused by impaired vision.
June 14th, 2005 03:19 PM
FPM C10 I'm fine. Well, a touch of benign fasciculation, but that's par for the course, as they say on golf outings in Boca!

Speaking of "outings", how many times is Fiji going to leave?
June 14th, 2005 03:22 PM
Poplar
I do enjoy being able to say: TOLD YOU SO.

all deserters should have to endure some sort of re-innitiation ritual before being accepted back.

June 14th, 2005 03:35 PM
kath oh goody......

June 14th, 2005 03:40 PM
Joey " I do enjoy being able to say: TOLD YOU SO.

all deserters should have to endure some sort of re-innitiation ritual before being accepted back. "

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)