ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Kicking the tour off babies!
First show of the tour and live debut for Rocks Off
Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver BC - June 3, 1972
© 1972 Globe Photos / Rex Features - With thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BREAKING NEWS ! -- Jackson Verdict Reached ..... ( N.S.C. ) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
June 14th, 2005 09:12 AM
egon no one can touch michael.

after all, he IS artist of the millenium.
June 14th, 2005 09:13 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I HOPE to God that no parent lets their child spend the night at Neverland Ranch ever again.

|
|
|
|
|
V

" I'm sorry Sir ....... But our Lil' Fiji has had that EXACT same smile on his face ever since the Michael Jackson verdict was announced ..."

[ Edited by Bubbles ]
[Edited by Joey]
June 14th, 2005 09:16 AM
egon joey,

great things are apparently gonig to happen on the board this week.

are you excited? cos boy oh boy, I am!
June 14th, 2005 09:17 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
joey,

great things are apparently gonig to happen on the board this week.

are you excited? cos boy oh boy, I am!

Egon ...........I showed up to work this morning with a buzz ....................and you ?!?!

Developing ................................

" It's Coming Ronnie ! "

Jacko
June 14th, 2005 06:39 PM
texile well TIOMS - you're right.
jq would have fried......
because jq would have had a court-appointed lawyer who didn't give a fuck and would have done a half-ass job.
as you might have noticed - i wasn't defending jackson - just the justice system.........
innocence or guilt isn't about money - its about eager and sloppy prosecuters who don't give a shit about the details - like lousy witnesses.
the jury was right - they were going by guts of the system - you know........guilt beyond all reasonable doubt -
reasonable is subjective - doubt is doubt.
June 14th, 2005 09:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I'm sure N.A.M.B.L.A is pleased with the verdict. Maybe they'll make Jacko an honorory member.
June 15th, 2005 11:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Well, I guess it's "official", Jacko says no more "sleep-overs" at Neverland. I suppose that's a step in the right direction.
June 15th, 2005 01:09 PM
jb
The best thing about this verdict the scowling face on Nancy Grace and Fox News commentators when the verdict came in. I also can't wait to see Diane Diamonds reaction....the one who had to get a restraining order from a large/tall/big man.

The prosecution had a very weak case form the beginning. The conspiracy account was a joke. No direct evidence of alleged acts, and a family(Mother) that completely alienated any jury sympathy(which is not suppose to be a factor anyway). The fact that the judge let in other past alleged acts of wrong-doing(a legal error IMO) gave the prosecution the only chance it had. As the foreman said, they considered it, thought it may have occurred, but still did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Jacko was guilty in the instant case.
Whether you agree or disagree with the verdict,this is the best system we have. I am proud to be a lawyer today. I am more proud of the courage of the 12 jurors
showed, knowing it would be a very unpopular decision.
Also, watched Tom Measereau Jr. on Larry "What's the question"
king(what the hell with his hair)....This guy was so professional, so unpretentious, and so smart, it is no wonder why Jacko was found innocent. This guy is the real deal, not some media whore atty. who talks the talk, but can't walk the walk...I was very impressed.
June 15th, 2005 01:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels "reasonable doubt"....that seems to the monkey wrench in the machinery. I suppose that's why the OJ's and the W's of this world can get away with murder.
June 15th, 2005 01:38 PM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"reasonable doubt"....that seems to the monkey wrench in the machinery. I suppose that's why the OJ's and the W's of this world can get away with murder.

Yes , but they can NOT get away with a " Preponderance of the Evidence " .

Developing ..........................

Shiver .............................

" Stones Rule Ya Friggin Bastards ! "

Jazzy ! ™
June 15th, 2005 01:40 PM
Joey " Also, watched Tom Measereau Jr. on .... "

< ----- Is he Jewish ?!?!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 15th, 2005 02:43 PM
jb We don't have "Jr's"(exception Edgar Brofman Jr)
June 15th, 2005 02:45 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
We don't have "Jr's"(exception Edgar Brofman Jr)

Jews also frown upon excessive drinking ( exception Sammy Davis Jr )

.......wait !!! ...... THAT 's a ' Two-fer '

Cassie !
June 15th, 2005 02:46 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
We don't have "Jr's"(exception Edgar Brofman Jr)

Interesting. Why is that?
June 15th, 2005 02:48 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Interesting. Why is that?

Developing .............................

June 15th, 2005 02:53 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

Jews also frown upon excessive drinking ( exception Sammy Davis Jr )

.......wait !!! ...... THAT 's a ' Two-fer '

Cassie !

He HARDLY counts.
June 15th, 2005 02:55 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

He HARDLY counts.

No , but THIS one DOES ! :

June 15th, 2005 03:07 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

No , but THIS one DOES ! :

As a JEW?

Nuh uh!
June 15th, 2005 03:09 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

As a JEW?

How(e) about THIS ?!?! :

June 15th, 2005 03:10 PM
jb Because Jews, with the exception of Sephardic Jews, traditionally do not name their children after someone who is alive.
June 15th, 2005 03:16 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
Because Jews, with the exception of Sephardic Jews, traditionally do not name their children after someone who is alive.

Interesting! Thanks for the information.

You know I once worked in the marketing department of the largest kosher poultry company in America. No lie!
June 15th, 2005 03:19 PM
Joey " Interesting. Why is that? "

< ----- Because Jews, with the exception of Sephardic Jews, traditionally do not name their children after someone who is alive.

Thanks little buddy

Flacky ! ™

June 15th, 2005 03:22 PM
jb You were Kosher, when Kosher wasn't cool!!!
June 15th, 2005 03:23 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
You were Kosher, when Kosher wasn't cool!!!

June 15th, 2005 03:29 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
You were Kosher, when Kosher wasn't cool!!!

For My Baby :

June 15th, 2005 03:30 PM
jb "meine liebe abs shae monkey"............Joey, do you still have a smelly ass?.......
[Edited by jb]
June 15th, 2005 03:46 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
"meine liebe abs shae monkey"............Joey, do you still have a smelly ass?.......
[Edited by jb]

Big ... Wet .... Hairy ..... Sloppy ..... Stinky ..... Smelly ................................................

..................ASS !!!!!!!!!!!

" A caller wanted to know what Howard thought about yesterday's Michael Jackson verdict. Howard said the funniest thing about the verdict was both the NY Post and NY Daily News had the same headline this morning, "Boy Oh Boy!" Howard said there must have been some people in California who were really out for Michael since his behavior might lead you to believe there is something strange going on in his head. He said that despite this, there didn't seem to him to be any real evidence that Michael had really done anything to break the law and the verdict proved this. He said the creepiest part of the whole trial wasn't Jackson, it was all the strange people who hung out outside the courthouse everyday. He also felt that if anyone should be put on trial here it was the accuser's mother who was pretty questionable herself. Later on in the show, the grand daughter of one of the jurors called in and put her grandmother, the juror, on the phone. This woman said that the way the accuser's mother snapped her fingers at the jury and just the way she acted really hurt the prosecution's case against Jackson. She also said that although they were very careful to consider everything during their deliberations, there wasn't much dissent amongst the jurors. Howard noted that he had predicted that Michael would get off, although he highly doubted Dominic Barbara, who had predicted a guilty verdict, would be calling in today. Howard did think this might be the end of Michael Jackson's career though, at least in the US that is. He said they seem to be much more forgiving of these kinds of things in Europe. They also talked about how Michael is now bankrupt, which seemed mind boggling to Artie who pointed out that Jackson owns the publishing rights to the Beatles' Catalogue. Howard said that catalogue is worth over $900 million, but Michael has borrowed heavily against it. This reminded Howard that he couldn't understand how Mike Tyson, who had earned millions, is also now bankrupt. Howard read somewhere that Tyson had spent over a million dollars on lawn care for his 3 houses and another insane amount to take care of his pet lions! Howard wondered why he didn't spend a little money on a financial manager to keep him out of this kind of situation. "

http://www.howardstern.com/today-show-archive.php

[ Edited by Bubbles ]

[Edited by Joey]
June 15th, 2005 04:01 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

The best thing about this verdict the scowling face on Nancy Grace and Fox News commentators when the verdict came in. I also can't wait to see Diane Diamonds reaction....the one who had to get a restraining order from a large/tall/big man.

The prosecution had a very weak case form the beginning. The conspiracy account was a joke. No direct evidence of alleged acts, and a family(Mother) that completely alienated any jury sympathy(which is not suppose to be a factor anyway). The fact that the judge let in other past alleged acts of wrong-doing(a legal error IMO) gave the prosecution the only chance it had. As the foreman said, they considered it, thought it may have occurred, but still did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Jacko was guilty in the instant case.
Whether you agree or disagree with the verdict,this is the best system we have. I am proud to be a lawyer today. I am more proud of the courage of the 12 jurors
showed, knowing it would be a very unpopular decision.
Also, watched Tom Measereau Jr. on Larry "What's the question"
king(what the hell with his hair)....This guy was so professional, so unpretentious, and so smart, it is no wonder why Jacko was found innocent. This guy is the real deal, not some media whore atty. who talks the talk, but can't walk the walk...I was very impressed.

I agree with most of that. Another factor is that Tom Sneddon is the biggest retard to hit the California bar since the Clark/Darden idiots set OJ free. What a fucking joke of a case that man put on. Some of the biggest common sense screwups imaginable.

Ever wonder where the losers at the bottom of the class ended up, JB? They are all blowing taxpayer money pissing around in various DA offices all over the country.
June 15th, 2005 04:08 PM
voodoopug Moonie! my good man, good to see you here!
June 15th, 2005 04:10 PM
sirmoonie Hello Pugsly, nice to see you as well.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)