ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...You scratch just like a monkey
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Does anyone remember 1999? Return to archive
18th June 2006 05:15 PM
ExileInLA If you do, get ready for a rehash of that year when the Stones tour Europe this summer. Ron will be off his fucking wagon yet again and likely turned WAY down in the mix - YET AGAIN. And these shows will be just as bad, if not worse, thank 1999. Get ready Europe!!

This is going to be a disaster and if this is the way the Stones want to go out, they have some big problems on their hand. But I'm sure they will release yet another shitty live CD to make up for it. Thanks guys for giving us our $500/ticket's worth.

So embarassing.
18th June 2006 05:42 PM
Angiegirl Not all 1999 Euro shows were that bad. Stuttgart was fantastic, Edinburgh was very good, one of the 2 Webley's was fine. And they did a club show don't forget (not their best one, but fantastic to witness).

I give you Groningen and Landgraaf 1999. Especially Groningen, which must be one of the worst shows ever!

Oh, and about Ronnie being turned down in the mix, we're used to that by now right? They did that during most shows in Europe in 2003 as well...

[Edited by Angiegirl]
18th June 2006 06:01 PM
Gazza The only one of the 5 UK shows in 1999 that wasnt up to scratch was the final one at Wembley, when the band simply sounded knackered

Shepherds Bush was really good, and it was a night when Ronnie was definitely on form.

He was better on the European shows than he was on the No Security US leg where they really WERE a one-guitar band for most of the tour
18th June 2006 08:14 PM
Paranoid_Android An awesome album by Prince!!! Of coarse I remember it!!! ========================================================

I was dreamin' when I wrote this
Forgive me if it goes astray

But when I woke up this mornin'
Coulda sworn it was judgment day

The sky was all purple
There were people runnin' everywhere

Tryin' 2 run from the destruction
U know I didn't even care

'Cuz they say two thousand zero zero party over
Oops out of time
So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999

I was dreamin' when I wrote this
So sue me if I go 2 fast

But life is just a party
And parties weren't meant 2 last

War is all around us
My mind says prepare 2 fight

So if I gotta die
I'm gonna listen 2 my body tonight

Yeah, they say two thousand zero zero party over
Oops out of time
So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999
Yeah

Lemme tell ya somethin'
If U didn't come 2 party
Don't bother knockin' on my door
I got a lion in my pocket
And baby he's ready 2 roar

Yeah, everybody's got a bomb
We could all die any day
But before I'll let that happen
I'll dance my life away

They say two thousand zero zero party over
Oops out of time
We're runnin' outta time
So tonight we gonna, we gonna (Tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999)

Say it 1 more time
Two thousand zero zero party over
Oops out of time
No, no

Alright, it's 1999
You say it, 1999
1999 don't stop, don't stop, say it 1 more time

Two thousand zero zero party over
Oops out of time
Yeah, Yeah

Yeah, 1999 (1999)
Don'tcha wanna go (1999)
Don'tcha wanna go (1999)
We could all die any day (1999)
I don't wanna die
I'd rather dance
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
18th June 2006 08:17 PM
ExileInLA I was actually referring to the whole 1999 tour, US included. Those are they shows that I collected/attended and Ron was just hideous.

Get better Ron. We don't want anything bad to happen to you, but you are just not up to snuff.
18th June 2006 08:17 PM
glencar I went to both Wembley's & Night #2 was definitely a downer. Only 2 songs differed if I remember correctly & the end was somewhat rote.
18th June 2006 09:03 PM
Gazza Keith varied his mini-set immensely from night to night on that UK tour. From what I remember, Mick barely changed any of his at all.
19th June 2006 10:47 AM
egon aaah 1999

I finally, actually got to party like it really was 1999

Hey Angir, i quite enjoyed Groningen.
Also met our major that day. must post that pic when i have time!
19th June 2006 11:31 AM
MrPleasant Yeah, that's the year when I was training for my alcoholism.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)