ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...You scratch just like a monkey
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: EMI Annual Report. ABB #6 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
15th June 2006 12:40 PM
Altamont How well do Crowes albums sell? And is that how you judge their music?
15th June 2006 12:41 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

the audience no longer likes albums "better than Tattoo You"??

Sadly, no. They like that hip hop shit & ballads by Brit fags. Even your other fave group wouldn't sell well these days.
15th June 2006 12:45 PM
jb Still, with over 2-3 million people seeing them live, you would think we would have broke 1 million US?
15th June 2006 12:46 PM
glencar Soldatti, does that 2nd release(the one with two extra songs on it) count towards ABB's sales?
15th June 2006 01:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sadly, no. They like that hip hop shit & ballads by Brit fags.

bad pop always sells well. No matter what year or decade we're talking about.

every once in awhile A REALLY GOOD ROCK record comes by and manages to soar up the charts

like Tattoo You... or Appetite.. or Nevermind... Morning Glory.. or even Pearl Jam, Aerosmith or the Black Crowes.

the world is always hungry for a real good rock record
15th June 2006 01:00 PM
glencar When's the last time a rock record made any splash on the charts?
15th June 2006 01:01 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

bad pop always sells well. No matter what year or decade we're talking about.

every once in awhile A REALLY GOOD ROCK record comes by and manages to soar up the charts

like Tattoo You... or Appetite.. or Nevermind... Morning Glory.. or even Pearl Jam, Aerosmith or the Black Crowes.

the world is always hungry for a real good rock record

Agree........and as much as I hate to admit it, I really did not like ABB.
15th June 2006 01:04 PM
glencar Joshy, why, Joshy?
15th June 2006 01:05 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, why, Joshy?

It just didn't rock....and keith's songs are getting worse with every album..he even knew to drop that insideously boring 'Infamy".
15th June 2006 01:08 PM
glencar I agree about the Keith songs but I love the rest of it. I liked Infamy in concert.
15th June 2006 01:13 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I agree about the Keith songs but I love the rest of it. I liked Infamy in concert.

I liked ONNYA, RJ, and BOMH....they were marginally good songs.
15th June 2006 01:15 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
When's the last time a rock record made any splash on the charts?

Green Day's last album did really well. Chilli Peppers too. Springsteen reached #1 with The Rising.

I could be wrong but didnt the White Stripes do really well? I dunno, I dont read Billboard charts

but theres definately been recent rock records that have done well recently
15th June 2006 01:34 PM
glencar Stones reached 2 or 3 with ABB. The Rising had lotsa hype but hwoe well did it sell? Green Day was a hit but Peppers new one doesn't seem to be all that big. I saw Dani California video today. Feh.
15th June 2006 01:43 PM
jb If ABB sold 1-2 Mil here, it would have been a "hit". Most rock albums are struggling, but the Stones alwasy use to get atleast 1 million sold US.
15th June 2006 01:47 PM
Saint Sway How's U2 album sales?
15th June 2006 01:48 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
How's U2 album sales?

9.9 Mil world wide and way over 3 million here!!!!
15th June 2006 01:49 PM
glencar I bought it. It stinks.
15th June 2006 01:51 PM
Saint Sway I'm sure it sucks hard.

but its sold well. Rock records can still sell well. Theres still a market for it. Thats my point.
15th June 2006 01:55 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I'm sure it sucks hard.

but its sold well. Rock records can still sell well. Theres still a market for it. Thats my point.

U2 has a much broader/younger audience. The tie-in with the Ipod didn't hurt!!!!
15th June 2006 01:57 PM
glencar Not like it used to be though. Most here agree that Stripped was one of their best in recent years. Yet its sales were low. Even look at U2. If the Atomic album had been released in mid 80's it would have sold double.
15th June 2006 01:58 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not like it used to be though. Most here agree that Stripped was one of their best in recent years. Yet its sales were low. Even look at U2. If the Atomic album had been released in mid 80's it would have sold double.

When we were kids, we listened to rock and some mowtown...We burnt dico records ...Todays kids love hip hop and "club music".
15th June 2006 02:05 PM
glencar Gross man!
15th June 2006 02:19 PM
egon
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Forty Licks has sold more than 7 m. now.

7m x 2 discs ?
15th June 2006 02:26 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:

It just didn't rock....and keith's songs are getting worse with every album..he even knew to drop that insideously boring 'Infamy".

________-

I'll bite...

Infamy is a great track - one of the best tunes of the year.

Period.
15th June 2006 02:34 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

U2 has a much broader/younger audience. The tie-in with the Ipod didn't hurt!!!!

the ipod ads worked well for them.

I thought Bang would of gotten a big boost from the Super Bowl performance. Stones were great, millions watched and they played RJ - one of their best new tracks. But still no real increase in sales.

plus - We have the #1 tour. What gives??? The album should be selling much better!!

when you consider the above factors, it only makes the album sales that much more dismal.

15th June 2006 02:37 PM
jb I agree SS...they have promoted this album more than any other, and it is still flat here. Worldwide sales of 2.4 million are very marginal compared to , for instance, VL.
15th June 2006 02:39 PM
Some Guy She saw me coming should have been the first single followed by ONNYA.
15th June 2006 02:41 PM
jb I predicted it would not hit 1 Mil here and sadly, was correct. I hope with the mini tour, we get close to 600k.
15th June 2006 02:43 PM
Altamont Is it true that ABB wasn't for sale at the Stones live shows? That doesn't make any sense.
15th June 2006 02:45 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
I agree SS...they have promoted this album more than any other, and it is still flat here. Worldwide sales of 2.4 million are very marginal compared to , for instance, VL.

also the press really hyped this one. The Stones PR machine did an awesome job of paying them off. Still, it did little to help move it off the shelves.

I really cant think of another album by another top artist that was so heavily hyped and cross-promoted that did as poorly as Bang has.

sucks
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)