ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...You scratch just like a monkey
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: EMI Annual Report. ABB #6 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
14th June 2006 09:33 PM
Soldatti EMI released today their worldwide annual sales report.
Period April 1, 2005 / March 31, 2006

1. Coldplay, X&Y (9.9m)
2. Robbie Williams, Intensive Care (6.2m)
3. Gorillaz, Demon Days (5.9m)
4. KT Tunstall, Eye To The Telescope (2.6m)
5. Keith Urban, Be Here (2.5m)
6. The Rolling Stones, A Bigger Bang (2.4m)
7. Korn, See You On The Other Side (1.8m)
8. Depeche Mode, Playing The Angel (1.6m)

More here:
http://www.shareholder.com/visitors/dynamicdoc/document.cfm?CompanyID=EMIL&documentID=1232&PIN=569682107&resizeThree=no&Scale=100&Keyword=Type%20Keyword%20Here&Page=3
14th June 2006 09:34 PM
glencar That actual sales or what they sent to the shops.
14th June 2006 09:54 PM
Soldatti Actual sales.
14th June 2006 09:59 PM
Some Guy sweeter than sweet!
14th June 2006 10:14 PM
Soldatti Mick Jagger (1978): Sales of recent Rolling Stones albums

"It depends on how you measure (success). We sell about 2 million albums worldwide. It's nothing compared to Fleetwood Mac, and if we'd been a bit more aggressive, perhaps we could have sold more. But life goes up and down. Some people sell 20 000; we sell 2 million, so that's not bad..."

Thanks timeisonourside.
15th June 2006 07:18 AM
Mel Belli Pretty amazing that they're still doing about the same business almost 20 years after he said that - and they were ancient then!
15th June 2006 07:23 AM
egon that looks more like a top 3 & then some...
15th June 2006 08:16 AM
Honky Tonk Man I'm not at all surprised that The Stones are ranked behind Coldplay, Gorillaz etc, but 6th place isn’t too bad. I'd be interested to know where they ranked a year after 40 Licks was released.
15th June 2006 08:30 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
egon wrote:
that looks more like a top 3 & then some...

Yeah the 3rd 4th and 5th spots are really close in numbers. Not too bad.
15th June 2006 09:43 AM
glencar 2.4 million is worldwide. This is sad.
15th June 2006 10:46 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
2.4 million is worldwide. This is sad.

Agreed...and still at around 515k here.
15th June 2006 10:59 AM
glencar Terrible, Joshy, terrible!
15th June 2006 11:11 AM
corgi37 Well, its more cd's than any of us has sold.
15th June 2006 11:19 AM
glencar But not as much as Coldplay.
15th June 2006 11:36 AM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Well, its more cd's than any of us has sold.

We are at around 10th in all time sales (US), which is not too bad. It is just very unusual that their first release in 8 years did not hit atleast 1-1.5 Mil here.

[Edited by jb]
15th June 2006 11:36 AM
glencar They should've done what Prince did & made them part of the ticket price.
15th June 2006 11:41 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
They should've done what Prince did & made them part of the ticket price.

The mitigating fator is that an artist only recives a small % of cd sales. Thus, someone who sells 3 million discs, but can't charge the prices the Stones do for live performance, earns substantially less. The Stones could sell 500k units, and still make 200million simply by touring-and they deserve it for all those years they made very little.
15th June 2006 11:46 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
glencar wrote:
They should've done what Prince did & made them part of the ticket price.

I thought that the rules were changed after Prince did that for the Musicolgy tour. I got four copies of that disc from that tour.
15th June 2006 11:47 AM
JerryT I am already seeing used copies of Bigger Bang for sale in CD shops.
15th June 2006 11:47 AM
Joey " The mitigating fator is that an artist only recives a small % of cd sales. Thus, someone who sells 3 million discs, but can't charge the prices the Stones do for live performance, earns substantially less. The Stones could sell 500k units, and still make 200million simply by touring-and they deserve it for all those years they made very little. "

Looking forward to the Rolling Stones ( possibly THE WHO as opening act on many gigs ) one hundred and sixty - seven date ' Mini - Tour ' of the United States this fall ( necessary to win gross ) .

Stones Rule You Bastards !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !!!!!
15th June 2006 11:49 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" The mitigating fator is that an artist only recives a small % of cd sales. Thus, someone who sells 3 million discs, but can't charge the prices the Stones do for live performance, earns substantially less. The Stones could sell 500k units, and still make 200million simply by touring-and they deserve it for all those years they made very little. "

Looking forward to the Rolling Stones ( possibly THE WHO as opening act on many gigs ) one hundred and sixty - seven date ' Mini - Tour ' of the United States this fall ( necessary to win gross ) .

Stones Rule You Bastards !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !!!!!

We will definitely see the Who at Mizner Park and if they do open for the Stones in Arizona, we will definitely go to see not only the bands, but to finally meet the greatest poster any message board has ever seen(Joey).
15th June 2006 11:52 AM
Joey " We will definitely see the Who at Mizner Park and if they do open for the Stones in Arizona, we will definitely go to see not only the bands, but to finally meet the greatest poster any message board has ever seen(Joey). "

You are much loved -- I am so there -- ( Keith's injury / subsequent rescheduling of European Leg explains the delay in announcing THE WHO U.S. Tour Dates ) . IMHO !!!!!

Jersey
15th June 2006 11:55 AM
glencar
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I thought that the rules were changed after Prince did that for the Musicolgy tour. I got four copies of that disc from that tour.

Billboard changed their rules so those sold/given at concerts wouldn't rate in the cahrts but I think it would still count as a sale. Do they even offer up the CD at concerts?
[Edited by glencar]
15th June 2006 11:56 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

We will definitely see the Who at Mizner Park and if they do open for the Stones in Arizona, we will definitely go to see not only the bands, but to finally meet the greatest poster any message board has ever seen(Joey).

Count me out. NYC & Chicago & THAT'S IT!
15th June 2006 11:57 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Billboard changed their rules so those sold/given at concerts wouldn't rate in the cahrts but I think it would still count as a sale. Do they even offer up the CD at concerts?
[Edited by glencar]

No....which they should..it would have moved at least another 200-300k(?)
15th June 2006 11:59 AM
glencar Minimum!
15th June 2006 12:08 PM
Saint Sway I wonder why an album that some have called the Stones "best album since Tattoo You" has sold so poorly???

???
15th June 2006 12:11 PM
glencar The audience has changed. None of these rock acts will sell well at this point in their lives. Watch what happens with Dylan.
15th June 2006 12:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
The audience has changed.

the audience no longer likes albums "better than Tattoo You"??
15th June 2006 12:38 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I'd be interested to know where they ranked a year after 40 Licks was released.

EMI annual report 2003 (April 1 2002, March 31, 2003)

11.8 m _ Come Away With Me (Norah Jones)
5.8 m _ Escapology (Robbie Williams)
5.6 m _ A Rush Of Blood To The Head (Coldplay)
5.5 m _ Forty Licks (The Rolling Stones)

Forty Licks has sold more than 7 m. now.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)