ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...You scratch just like a monkey
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beach Boys Make First Public Appearance In A Decade (NSC) Return to archive
14th June 2006 08:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The Beach Boys Make First Public Appearance In A Decade
In Hollywood yesterday...

by Scott Colothan on 6/14/2006
gigwise.com

The remaining original members of The Beach Boys appeared for the first time in public for over a decade yesterday.

Brian Wilson, Mike Love and Al Jardine met on top the Capital Records building in Hollywood together with Bruce Johnston and ex-Beach Boy David Marks to celebrate the fortieth anniversary of the seminal ‘Pet Sounds.’

The band were also handed framed plaques containing two platinum records to celebrate the recent success of their 2003 compilation album ‘Sounds of the Summer: The Very Best of the Beach Boys.’

Posthumous plaques were also awarded to Carl and Dennis Wilson.

Al Jardine joked to reporters upon receiving the platinum award: “It’s always good to do this while we’re still living.”

Such a reunion had seemed unlikely in the past after years of animosity between band lynchpins Wilson and Love.

Love confirmed that the hatchet had now been buried and said: “There’s issues that arise and you resolve them over time.”
14th June 2006 09:17 PM
FrankiePeppers they have (had) some of the best harmonies in music. the only band to listen to on the 4th of July!!
14th June 2006 09:33 PM
glencar Is that crazeeeeeeeeeee muthafucka gonna be there too? Ya know, the ass wit da hat...
15th June 2006 09:08 AM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is that crazeeeeeeeeeee muthafucka gonna be there too? Ya know, the ass wit da hat...

???

15th June 2006 09:10 AM
FPM C10 ???
15th June 2006 10:16 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Such a reunion had seemed unlikely in the past after years of animosity between band lynchpins Wilson and Love.

Love confirmed that the hatchet had now been buried and said: “There’s issues that arise and you resolve them over time.”

It smells to me like someone is offering these boys an awful lot of money to "reunite"....tour? record?

They could survive without Dennis, but without Carl I'm not so sure. At any rate I don't think Wilson and Love have got the guts to collaborate on a new record. If they did my respect for them would skyrocket....just for being gutsy instead of wimpy.
15th June 2006 10:18 AM
glencar FPM, you still occasionally can get us to laugh.
15th June 2006 10:45 AM
corgi37 They all looked like well fed extras from a George A. Romero movie.
15th June 2006 01:01 PM
doo doo doo Dude

15th June 2006 01:02 PM
glencar Who's the crazed guy next to Brian?
15th June 2006 01:03 PM
glencar Must be "David Marks." I think he looks a bit like that annoying James Cromwell.
15th June 2006 01:10 PM
doo doo doo Dude Daviid Marks played on the very early surf & hot rod albums. Replaced by uber-midget Al Jardine. Here they are in better days (Dave's in the middle):

15th June 2006 01:12 PM
glencar Cool! I thought he was one of those mid-70's replacement types.
15th June 2006 01:15 PM
jb Where the fuck is handsome John Stamos?
15th June 2006 01:47 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
glencar wrote:
Cool! I thought he was one of those mid-70's replacement types.

Maybe you're thinking about our own Blondie Chaplin who was a member in the early 70's. Sang lead on the excellent track 'Sail On Sailor' off of "Holland".

Beach Boys publicity photo from 1973 (Blondie's on the far right)
15th June 2006 01:49 PM
glencar I really don't like Blondie. I wish the Stones would drop him. Back to basics, Ronnie!
15th June 2006 02:02 PM
doo doo doo Dude Couldn't agree more. Although he's a nice guy, his presence on stage is insulting to the fans.
15th June 2006 02:03 PM
jb John Stamos=best bongo player in the business.
15th June 2006 02:04 PM
glencar Go Stamos go!
16th June 2006 06:16 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Wow ... those shirts are ugly.
16th June 2006 08:10 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Wow ... those shirts are ugly.

Yeah, I never understood that. What do lumberjack shirts (with prominent white t-shirts) have to do with surfing? Or is it promoting the fact that none of the BBs except Dennis ever surfed?

Always thought the bit where Belushi & Akroyd, as the Surf Police, forced Brian Wilson to surf was the funniest thing in their otherwise highly-over-rated career.
16th June 2006 08:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Yeah, I never understood that. What do lumberjack shirts (with prominent white t-shirts) have to do with surfing? Or is it promoting the fact that none of the BBs except Dennis ever surfed?

Probably Mike Love picked them out. He's a bit of an odd ball anyway.

16th June 2006 10:00 AM
Lethargy
quote:

It smells to me like someone is offering these boys an awful lot of money to "reunite"....tour? record?

They could survive without Dennis, but without Carl I'm not so sure. At any rate I don't think Wilson and Love have got the guts to collaborate on a new record. If they did my respect for them would skyrocket....just for being gutsy instead of wimpy.

Believe it or not, they've survived all along as a touring act: Bruce and Mike have been on tour for years as "The Beach Boys", having booted out even Al Jardine, and having purchased the rights to the name from Wilson. They've got like 10 other random people on stage with them. It's SOOO lame. I don't see how these two retards sell even 50 tickets.
16th June 2006 10:01 AM
Lethargy
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Although he's a nice guy, his presence on stage is insulting to the fans.

Made even more insulting when he plays GUITAR!
16th June 2006 12:03 PM
Saint Sway thru out the show Blondie displays great skill by shaking a tamborine and banging the maraccas against his chest

I dont think the shows would sound as good if he wasnt up there doing that

the boots dont lie!
16th June 2006 12:06 PM
jb I prefer John Schneider(formerly Dukes of hazard Star) singing "He's my Brother"......he is far superior to the Beach Boys.
18th June 2006 12:24 AM
Kilroy I was lucky to see them when Carl was still living. The act was fine with him, without any Wilson Brothers how can Mike Love look in the mirror and call the act the Beach Boys. Mike Love Sucks with out Brian.
18th June 2006 02:16 AM
Zack Those striped shirts were the worst marketing strategy in the history of popular music. In 40 years, they never were able to overcome their reputation as geeks they wrought.

On another note, this reunion is a BAD idea. Another chapter in the exploitation of the brilliantly talented but semi-invalid Brian Wilson based on Mike Love's greed. After all, Love has seven ex-wives to support.
18th June 2006 08:13 PM
Paranoid_Android Honestly...who even knew they were still around...as in not dead...I know one of them had a new cd a few years back...I thought that was just to help pay some bills...they are rather irrelevant in todays terms...not even surfers the bunch of them...posers!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)