ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...You scratch just like a monkey
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie in rehab Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
14th June 2006 08:09 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

OMG imagine if Ronnie & Keith *COULD* actually play "My Morning Song"

WOW! That would be cool!

The point is that NOBODY BUT YOU would even want to see this. Bleek Crows suck, man.
14th June 2006 08:15 PM
six mayers Surely bad news....

Ronnie, we're with you...get well!

14th June 2006 08:45 PM
Navin Many of us go to SEE Ronnie on stage - it don't matter even if he never played a note - just the sight of him standing there - guitar heroes don't come bigger than Ron Wood with his most excellent rooster hair and dark shades to go with the....
14th June 2006 08:47 PM
glencar Yes & don't forget that best-of set is getting released soon. It won't *quite as exciting* as the Bleek Crowes but almost is good enough, eh?
14th June 2006 08:59 PM
Some Guy Amorica is a good cd.
14th June 2006 10:13 PM
Taptrick Stonedinaustralia: Your response to my post doesn't make sense. The point of my post was in agreement with yours: we don't know if Jo is an enabler or nor because we have no knowledge of their lives. This was simply a response to an earlier post that said Jo is not enabler - again, not possible for us to know. There's no projection going on. I'm not dependant and luckily don't have to deal with that at all in my family. But it is a fact that most good treatment programs involves a family component regardless of enabling issues.
14th June 2006 10:16 PM
glencar Good post as usual, Tap.
14th June 2006 11:52 PM
Zack
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

You are talking nonsense and apparantly have never ever lived with a drunk like she has, and like I have, for years and years.

Nobody's forcing Ronald to swallow the booze, he's the weak one playing the victim here, no matter how hard it is to kick an addiction, especially alcohol, which I acknowledge is terribly hard for anyone suffering from it. But still, he's the one doing it to himself and he's the one letting his loved ones and himself suffer as a result.

Angie, I was mostly being cheeky by calling Jo an enbabler. Of course I have no idea of what really goes on in their lives and I am sure Jo has suffered immeasurably through the years because of this situtation. Besides
The Sun is wrong as much as it is right. I can't imagine Ronnie and Jo lining up shots together at this point.
14th June 2006 11:56 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
Stonedinaustralia: Your response to my post doesn't make sense.

wouldn't be the first time

reading back you are right - apologies for shooting from the hip - which shot it appears has hit my own foot
14th June 2006 11:57 PM
glencar " Angie, I was mostly being cheeky by calling Jo an enbabler. Of course I have no idea of what really goes on in their lives and I am sure Jo has suffered immeasurably through the years because of this situtation. Besides
The Sun is wrong as much as it is right. I can't imagine Ronnie and Jo lining up shots together at this point."

Hasn't Jo already been through rehab herself?
[Edited by glencar]
15th June 2006 12:13 AM
Taptrick
No apology needed. You are from my favorite country next to my own. I almost got assigned to Alice Springs last month but it didn't pan out. Any way....it's tour time again !
15th June 2006 02:12 AM
stonedinaustralia thanks, you are most gracious as i was a bit out of line - pity you missed the appointment - alice springs and the surrounding areas are the real out back - some amazing geography (including, but not limited to, the Rock) - thing is once you've seen the sights there's not a lot else to do but drink - what's your line of work if you don't mind me asking

re my faux pas and to continue the "shooting" analogy - i guess it goes to show alchohol and fire-arms don't mix

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
15th June 2006 08:26 AM
Taptrick
I'm an Air Force mental health tech but was applyin for a position for working for the Air Force and handling all the mail there. They told me they couldn't consider the application because I have no prior postal experience but if no one else appled I might get considered. Believe it or no, that almost happened but somebody else with experience ended up applying.

15th June 2006 10:35 AM
Casey_WGDJ
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Had he chosen to live alone, isolate himself from all who love him and live in a cave or something, then YES, he would have the right to do whatever he wants.

Are you a Waylon Jennings fan by any chance? That's exactly how he used to describe addiction.
15th June 2006 10:46 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes & don't forget that best-of set is getting released soon. It won't *quite as exciting* as the Bleek Crowes but almost is good enough, eh?

^ thats a really pathetic post

just sad man.

15th June 2006 11:00 AM
glencar Yet it still surpasses the gruel you serve up every fucking time.
15th June 2006 11:37 AM
Saint Sway learn to let it go
15th June 2006 11:38 AM
glencar I can't; I despise you!
15th June 2006 02:10 PM
Martha
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Thanks Martha. I grew up with an alcoholic father, but he's not in my life now. Still, these subjects always prove to be sore spots don't they .

Hi Angie,

Sore spots indeed! Good call! My Father was what is termed a "dry drunk". He controlled my Mother's every move and lived a very isolated paranoid life...had low self-esteem, lots of anger and fear never fully matured, never left home, etc. My brother is an alcoholic....lives rent free, does not realize his potential, controls the women in his life with anger and verbal abuse and does not parent his children. He lives his life like a teenager for the most part.

3 years ago today (which happened to be Father's Day) I had a falling out with my Dad due to his acting out and treating my Mother terribly when we visited him. I got sick (literally) right after we left for home that day I was so upset by his behaviors. This incident caused me to get in touch with the family dynamics and the family abuse. I had to face the abuse which has been the hardest "work" I've ever done....it almost killed me. Certainly I was brought to my knees...the emotional pain was extermely intense. It made me very ill.

My Father and I reconciled last year just months before he passed, which I feel was a huge blessing for us both. We came back together and treated one another with respect and love which I am VERY grateful for. Talking about this is sad though....as I still miss my Dad terribly. In spite of the emotional and verbal abuse he dished out I loved my Dad deeply and always will.

Alcoholism is difficult to say the very least for everyone who is touched by it, no matter who they are.

Hugs to you Angie and again, you have my undying respect. I really hope to meet you along the rock and roll road one of these days. :-)

peace out,
Martha
15th June 2006 02:23 PM
Martha As far as "enabling" goes, it is inevitable that the people closest to the alcoholic will enable them whether they realize they do or not. Typically (but not always) alcoholics are extremely self-centered and manipulative; they are perpetrators if you will, and those fooled/conned by their charm fall into the bullshit hook, line and sinker. AND as things progress their loved ones get more invested in the relationship and WANT against all logic to believe their alcoholic loved one...which becomes a predictable cycle.

Al-Anon ( where I've learned the most and have found the most help) is all about helping enablers learn to SEE how they enable. It takes a lot of diligence to do any of this work. Many people never even try. It sure ain't for the faint hearted.

Jo has my prayers as much as Ronnie does.

It ain't no picnic.

peace to you all,
Martha
15th June 2006 10:01 PM
kath nowhere does it say he has to be "fucked up again" to check himself into rehab before every tour. maybe it is what helps him stay as sober as he does. gawd knows he was awful for the voo doo lounge/no securty/b2b tours, at least for the shows i saw. but he's a brilliant talented artist, and those kinds are often sensitive and easily lulled into doing some good "feed better" drugs.....

he may be just fine but just needs the extra time for working out, drinking celery juice and getting his tan on!

c'mon ronnie!!! we believe in you!! remember, he's the only one who hasn't had the a show cancelled for or dates rescheduled cuz he lost his voice or fell off a ladder or got terribly, frighteninly ill. ronnie's always been there, by gawd!!!
[Edited by kath]
16th June 2006 05:12 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
kath wrote:
ronnie's always been there, by gawd!!!

Physically maybe, you apparantly haven't seen him at the shows in Europe last tour...
16th June 2006 06:19 AM
justforyou
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Physically maybe, you apparantly haven't seen him at the shows in Europe last tour...

What were you on during those shows - or maybe that was the problem, you were not on anything! I saw him at several european shows and he played fine to my ears.
16th June 2006 06:46 AM
Gazza Rolling Stones tour 'going ahead'

The Rolling Stones' tour is to go ahead next month, despite reports that guitarist Ronnie Wood has been admitted to an alcohol rehabiliation clinic.

"The Stones are absolutely going ahead on tour, beginning 11 July in Milan," said spokeswoman Fran Curtis.

But she declined to comment on reports that rock star Wood was being treated for alcohol dependency in London.

The tour was rescheduled when Keith Richards had head surgery after falling out of a tree in Fiji in April.

Ms Curtis added that she could confirm the first date was going ahead, "because I got a note saying see you all there".

Wood's London-based spokesman said that he was "fine" and would be returning to his home in Ireland on Friday.

He confirmed that the band's tour would be going ahead as scheduled next month.

'Full steam ahead'

In 2000, 59-year-old Wood checked into the Priory Clinic in London to undergo treatment for alcohol abuse.

Earlier the same year, Wood had an on-stage confrontation with club DJ Brandon Block at the Brit Awards, throwing a drink over him.

The Rolling Stones' latest world tour was given the go-ahead earlier this month after Keith Richards was declared fit after his accident in Fiji.

"Excuse me, I fell off of my perch," he said. "Sorry to disrupt everyone's plans - but now it's full steam ahead."

Several European concerts had to be rescheduled, while 10 dates remain postponed and two dates in Germany were cancelled.

Their latest tour, A Bigger Bang, has been travelling the world since August 2005, including the US, China and Brazil, where more than one million fans saw them perform for free on Copacabana Beach.

Ronnie Wood underwent treatment for alcohol abuse in 2000

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5086062.stm
16th June 2006 06:57 AM
FotiniD I've grown a fear for Fran Curtis Every time I see that name I get goosebumps.

I do believe both Ronnie and the tour are going to be alright, but it's not Fran Curtis that makes me feel this way After all the on/offs last time with Keith and her "reassurances", well, I don't exactly trust her.
16th June 2006 07:04 AM
Nellcote Fran Curtis has been with them forever, especially Keith.
Probably well schooled in the art of deflection.
16th June 2006 08:12 AM
pehdefigo LONDON (Reuters) - The Rolling Stones tour due to start in Italy next month will go ahead on schedule, the band's spokeswoman told Reuters, despite reports that guitarist Ronnie Wood has been admitted to an alcohol rehab clinic.

"The Stones are absolutely going ahead on tour beginning July 11 in Milan," spokeswoman Fran Curtis said by telephone from the United States.

"I can confirm that for you because I got a note saying see you all there," she added.

She did not comment on reports that Wood had been admitted to an alcohol rehab clinic in London, and referred enquiries to the band's London-based representative who was not immediately available for comment.

The tour was initially delayed when fellow guitarist Keith Richards had to have brain surgery after falling out of a tree onto his head while holidaying in Fiji.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=musicNews&storyID=2006-06-15T201501Z_01_L1599576_RTRIDST_0_MUSIC-ROLLINGSTONES-DC.XML&WTmodLoc=NewsArt-L3-Music+NewsNews-2
16th June 2006 08:15 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
justforyou wrote:
What were you on during those shows - or maybe that was the problem, you were not on anything! I saw him at several european shows and he played fine to my ears.

LOL. Most of the 15 shows I saw, he was terrible im(not so humble)o.
16th June 2006 10:27 AM
glencar I know the gossip sheet said he was drinking lots of wine in Fiji but is it possible this is a precaution as much as anything? Maybe he has to show his "dryness" for insurance purposes?
16th June 2006 10:54 AM
Martha Wood's London-based spokesman said that he was "fine" and would be returning to his home in Ireland on Friday.

Hum...Bob is about to show up in Ireland. Maybe Ronnie wants to see his old pal. :-)

Blessings to you and yours!

MM
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)