ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...You scratch just like a monkey
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie in rehab Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
14th June 2006 09:07 AM
FotiniD So, the above article says...:

Fans now fear he'll be unable to kick off tour dates in Spain on 11 July (06)

Wow, they switched Milan for Spain?! Sigh, that means I have to get a refund!

However, he was spotted drinking heavily earlier this month (JUN06) at his 59th birthday celebrations.

So Ronnie's birthday is June 6. What do I know!

...putting the band's upcoming European tour in jeopardy once again.

So Ronnie checks in at the Priory or some other clinic almost before every tour and the media couldn't care less - now he's doing the same thing he's been doing for quite some years now but it means the tour is at risk...

And they're paying people to write stories like this?
14th June 2006 09:08 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

Enabling doesn't mean the person is responsible for the drinker or that the drinker bears no responsibility. It is a part of codependence. I don't know if Jo is an enabler or not but she has clearly let the behavior continue without walking or booting him. We can't know if Jo is an enabler or not but it certainly is possible. Hopefully Ronnie's therapy has involved a family component and this has been addressed. Hopefully Jo has been exposed to Alanon and the kids to Alateen or something similar. Good explanation of enabling:

http://www.inspiredcounseling.com/enabling.asp

FTS (fuck that shit)... neither you nor i know WTF is going on with ronnie wood's life

enabler... schnabler...don't project your own experience onto somebody else's

reminds me of that seinfield episode when kramer (rightly) described an "intervention" as an "interference"

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
14th June 2006 09:59 AM
GotToRollMe At least the guy is making an effort to quit. That in itself is huge. Hang in there, Ronnie.
14th June 2006 10:37 AM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
for fuck sake, not again

I knew things were amiss when Keith's accident came during a drinking binge...with Ronnie.

I do get the impression though he tends to check in and out of the clinic for 'refresher' spells of rehab, though. Doesnt seem to be effective in the long-term but at least he's getting treatment for it. Get well soon, Ronald.

I hear ya Gary. But it's to be expected really. Ronnie is an alcoholic and has a lifelong disease. He can't just quit and be done with it. That he hangs out with Keef is not going to help him stay sober....and that is the way it is. It is a good sign though that he will go into treatment and get himself cleaned up....otherwise it could get very ugly.

Hang in there Ronnie!

peace and blessings,
Martha
14th June 2006 10:44 AM
Martha
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

You are talking nonsense and apparantly have never ever lived with a drunk like she has, and like I have, for years and years.

Nobody's forcing Ronald to swallow the booze, he's the weak one playing the victim here, no matter how hard it is to kick an addiction, especially alcohol, which I acknowledge is terribly hard for anyone suffering from it. But still, he's the one doing it to himself and he's the one letting his loved ones and himself suffer as a result.

Angiegirl,

Good insight. I have always respected you like reading your posts...now I know why. Hang in there with your loved one.

Alcoholism destroys families and lives. I think alcohol is the "anger drug" of our culture. Some people seem to handle it okay, but not that many....at least in my experience not that many.

Peace to you.
Martha
14th June 2006 10:57 AM
Saint Sway I love Ron Wood. I want him to clean up.

but soley for his own health

because it doesnt mean shit onstage if he is sober or not. He sucks now either way. He sucks sober. He sucks drunk.

theres flashes of the old brilliance occassionally. But basically he's either uninterested or uncapable of performing at top level for an entire show. Most songs he doesnt even try. Or he cant remember. Or just cant perform. I'm not sure what it is... all I know is he's turned into a hack.

Keith carries him. Been carrying him for years.

he was such a drunken mess in Vegas. It was a joke.

we always cut him slack because hes great at playing the fool. I didnt mind the clown act for many years. But now their charging $500 to have one of the guitarist come out and wave and dance around. For $500 I want him to play his ass off. Not wave at me.

I know y'all hate me for speaking out like this, so flame away sycophants... I brought my fire extinguisher with me today!!
14th June 2006 11:01 AM
F505
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I love Ron Wood. I want him to clean up.

but soley for his own health

because it doesnt mean shit onstage if he is sober or not. He sucks now either way. He sucks sober. He sucks drunk.

theres flashes of the old brilliance occassionally. But basically he's either uninterested or uncapable of performing at top level for an entire show. Most songs he doesnt even try. Or he cant remember. Or just cant perform. I'm not sure what it is... all I know is he's turned into a hack.

Keith carries him. Been carrying him for years.

he was such a drunken mess in Vegas. It was a joke.

we always cut him slack because hes great at playing the fool. I didnt mind the clown act for many years. But now their charging $500 to have one of the guitarist come out and wave and dance around. For $500 I want him to play his ass off. Not wave at me.

I know y'all hate me for speaking out like this, so flame away sycophants... I brought my fire extinguisher with me today!!

No I agree with you.
14th June 2006 11:05 AM
pdog Every day I wake up lost and confused!
14th June 2006 11:22 AM
Sir Stonesalot So Ronnie has a month to dry out again, and the tour goes on as planned. This is different than normal how?
14th June 2006 11:28 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
So Ronnie has a month to dry out again, and the tour goes on as planned. This is different than normal how?

MAYBE THIS TIME THEY'LL OPEN WITH START ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14th June 2006 11:38 AM
PeerQueer [quote]lotsajizz wrote:

was she a loon?

or was it your fault?

or the addiction?

come on, BLAME !!

________

I found my wallet. I had misplaced it - of course after I left several profanity laced messages on her voice mail, followed by several more apologetic ones when I found my wallet under my couch next to my jacket that was laying next to it...

So I will have to lay claim to this complete fuck up. Hopefully I don't have the cops at my door today based on the tirade of threats I left her with...egad.

Yes, I do love the coke. Good God I do...

I drink less though,(couple bottles of wine a week) so maybe it balances out? And I regularly run about 20 miles a week, get the colonic cleanse once a month, facials, full body massage, lift weights regularly, etc...so maybe, just maybe, I'll be ok.

Or, my ticker is about ready to burst.

Ah hell, I'm going back to bed.

14th June 2006 12:07 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

Enabling doesn't mean the person is responsible for the drinker or that the drinker bears no responsibility. It is a part of codependence. I don't know if Jo is an enabler or not but she has clearly let the behavior continue without walking or booting him. We can't know if Jo is an enabler or not but it certainly is possible. Hopefully Ronnie's therapy has involved a family component and this has been addressed. Hopefully Jo has been exposed to Alanon and the kids to Alateen or something similar. Good explanation of enabling:

http://www.inspiredcounseling.com/enabling.asp

Of course, we don't know what's going on with them, and maybe I interpreted 'enabler' too rigid, but it's just those interviews she gave about it, she didn't seem too much like that. Oh hell, what do we know. I just hope for once, Ronnie would get his act together and show some spine, I really do. Being dependant on alcohol isn't cool, it's pathetic. And it's also sad because it's a bitch to kick.
14th June 2006 12:09 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Martha wrote:
Angiegirl,

Good insight. I have always respected you like reading your posts...now I know why. Hang in there with your loved one.

Alcoholism destroys families and lives. I think alcohol is the "anger drug" of our culture. Some people seem to handle it okay, but not that many....at least in my experience not that many.

Peace to you.
Martha

Thanks Martha. I grew up with an alcoholic father, but he's not in my life now. Still, these subjects always prove to be sore spots don't they .
14th June 2006 12:10 PM
telecaster
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

MAYBE THIS TIME THEY'LL OPEN WITH START ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh golly...

Maybe they will open with a great Black Crowes cover!!!

Just imagine the possibilites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14th June 2006 12:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Gosh golly...

Maybe they will open with a great Black Crowes cover!!!

Just imagine the possibilites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG imagine if Ronnie & Keith *COULD* actually play "My Morning Song"

WOW! That would be cool!
14th June 2006 01:45 PM
luxury1 Saint Sway, I tend to agree with your assessment of Ronnie's playing, also. He seems like a sincerely nice, fun-loving, faithful type of guy, but even to my amatuerish ears, often I dont know what the hell he is playing on stage! I sometimes think he suffers from stage fright. He seems frozen, or lost, or just cant get his hand/head around the lead--almost like he doesnt know what to do. And now and then, he plays his ass off! I really dont get what is up with him.
14th June 2006 01:52 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Saint Sway, I tend to agree with your assessment of Ronnie's playing, also. He seems like a sincerely nice, fun-loving, faithful type of guy, but even to my amatuerish ears, often I dont know what the hell he is playing on stage! I sometimes think he suffers from stage fright. He seems frozen, or lost, or just cant get his hand/head around the lead--almost like he doesnt know what to do. And now and then, he plays his ass off! I really dont get what is up with him.

Exactly!!

its friggin baffling. One of the worlds great mysteries. Why is that one moment Woody can wail and then the for the next hour look like a lost deer in head lights??

personally I just think that all the years of excess has left him shot. Its like a really bad case of ADD times a thousand.

its sad because Woody is clearly as big of a Stones fan as any of us. He worshipped the Stones. Now he has the chance to play the songs and he just cant do it anymore. Sad. I know he wants to play and is thrilled to be up there, but he's just lost all the time. He's shot.
14th June 2006 01:56 PM
keefkid
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
God, I'm sad and worried about Ronnie

Alcoholism is tough. Perhaps tougher than drugs.

YES .... because its legal i think...

14th June 2006 02:15 PM
luxury1 I read somewhere that Charlie said Ronnie has the attention span of a gnat. ADD sufferer for sure, and with his addictions, well.....
I, too, feel kinda sorry for him, because as you pointed out Saint Sway, he is a big fan of the band, and is so proud and happy to be up there with them. His heart is in the right place, but his body/brain has taken too many hits, I suppose.

all these Ronnie musings aside, I cant fucking wait to see these guys play live again! I get off on a Stones show like nothing else...

None of us is perfect, right??--and we all have our demons...
[Edited by luxury1]
14th June 2006 02:45 PM
MrPleasant I feel awful when Ronnie's such a big child, lost and cornered by his own demons. Not because he is Ronnie, or Woody (Allen), or famous, or (terms of) endearing, but because, starting friday, me, I, Io, jobless, single, without any dependants, with a few pesos in my bank, am, is, going to have a wild terrific sexy weekend of booze and sexyness and useless objects and cheese.

Freud's theory of "relative unhappiness" makes sense.

What did the Devil said to God after God invented vodka?

"I'm happy!"
14th June 2006 02:49 PM
Poplar
Saw three shows on this tour:
1) Ronnie kicked all kinds of ass.
2) Ronnie may as well not have been there.
2) Ronnie was ok.

I can live with that in 2006/2007, all things considered.
14th June 2006 02:51 PM
tumbling dice
Better Ronnie in rehab than Keith in hospital suffering a brain surgery.Thats the conceipt of the Stones.Danger,fear,drugs,booze and survive.....

`ī Itīs only r&r, but I like it!``
14th June 2006 03:37 PM
luxury1 very true, tumblindice, so true.

and that's their allure...
14th June 2006 03:47 PM
Nellcote HA HA HA

Long Live Ron Wood-If He Could

And to the rest of you, here's a ditty from a little Bahston band, the Fools!

This is a song about life as a spiraling force moving through the universe,
unencumbered by modular time concepts. It's called "Life Sucks, Then You Die".

Life Sucks-The Fools

My house burned down in a flash of thunder.
My wife ran off with a one-legged plumber.
My crops fell dead when the riverbed went dry.
My dog got squashed by a pickup truck.
My son ran away and got hooked on drugs.
My daughter's knocked up by the class of '85.

People say that life is good;
It don't seem good to me.
I'm lost without a paddle,
And I'm headed up shit creek.
People say that life is fun,
But I don't know why.
As far as I can tell,
LIFE SUCKS then you die.

The government dumps its toxic waste
Right on top of my mother's grave.
A team of experts say it won't do her no harm.
But my sheep went crazy and killed my mule.
I cut off my dick with a power tool
Fixin' the hole where the meteor hit the barn.
(And it hurt, too!)

People say that life is good,
But I just piss and moan.
I got one foot on a banana peel,
The other in the Twilight Zone.
But I don't know why.
As far as I can tell,
LIFE SUCKS then you die.

Let me hear some "yee-hah"s out there!

I went to the store to buy some shells.
My gun went off and blew the owner to hell.
Now I'm sittin' here in jail, singin' this song.
And one guy wants to cut me with a knife.
Another guy wants me to be his wife.
Hey, I wish they'd hang me before somethin' really goes wrong!

People say that life is good,
Give thanks for what you have.
When all you have is nothin',
Nothin' makes you glad.
But I don't know why.
As far as I can tell,
LIFE SUCKS, then you die.
I said, people say that life is fun,
But I don't know why.
As far as I can tell,
LIFE SUCKS,
LIFE SUCKS
LIFE SUCKS, then you die.

www.thefools-band.com/

[Edited by Nellcote]
14th June 2006 05:06 PM
Some Guy I drink less though,(couple bottles of wine a week) so maybe it balances out? And I regularly run about 20 miles a week, get the colonic cleanse once a month, facials, full body massage, lift weights regularly, etc...so maybe, just maybe, I'll be ok.

Or, my ticker is about ready to burst.

Ah hell, I'm going back to bed.

[/quote]
somewhat jb-esque in quality but you failed to mention Salary and occupation in same post.
[Edited by Some Guy]
14th June 2006 05:58 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown I agree with Martha. Addiction is a disease. Ronnie needs to
be in rehab if he has so much trouble staying sober. At least he
does have somewhere to go for help. He needs to stay sober for
HIMSELF first. He could always make friends with others who do
NOT do drugs/booze and go to support groups in whatever city
he is in. He has to admit he is powerless over alcohol and his
life in unmanagable. Ronnie needs to get it through his head he
needs to QUIT!! When he is ready to quit he will. I hope it is soon.
Alcoholics affect everyone around them. Like the lady says Jo
should be in Alanon and the kids too. They can help make their
lives better with people to talk to and support. I will keep him in
my thoughts and prayers.
14th June 2006 06:01 PM
Saint Sway a couple years ago, the singer in my brothers band went into rehab in zona and on the first day there he saw Ronnie cleaning the floors!!
14th June 2006 06:03 PM
Saint Sway I gotta go.

I havent had a drink in nearly 12 hours!
14th June 2006 07:54 PM
Soldatti The news about Ronnie on rehab are so common now, it's like his second home.
14th June 2006 08:04 PM
glencar
quote:
kath wrote:
NAW, IT'S GOOD NEWS!! it means the tour is back on in earnest and mick is whipping ronnie into shape, again!it's incredibly sad that this has to happen before EVERY tour, but at least it's a sign that all things are pointing to "go!"!!!

Kath, the "terrible news" comment by me was about Ronnie's latest relapse. I could give a shit about seeing the band again. I'd rather see him healthy & sober.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)