ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

This is the trivia's third prize - lick the image to read all about it!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Some pix - Four Seasons - Berlin Return to archive
06-15-03 02:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Dank Helmut

06-15-03 04:14 PM
Moonisup who's that hotlady, next to mick
06-15-03 04:19 PM
erikjjf Probably Elizabeth
06-15-03 04:22 PM
Moonisup hmmmmm, well, ok, a foursome,

lizzy, theo, and alex

it's hard, but someone has got to do that job,

rik
06-15-03 04:25 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
hmmmmm, well, ok, a foursome,

lizzy, theo, and alex

it's hard, but someone has got to do that job,
rik

Still drunk?
06-15-03 04:39 PM
moy it's that tall girlfriend i don't remember her name
06-15-03 04:45 PM
prism Is that Elizabeth or L'Wren Scott?
06-15-03 04:51 PM
moy that's her name L'Wren Scott, she is the one in the picture
06-15-03 07:02 PM
Angiegirl The one with the famously long legs?
06-16-03 02:02 AM
MarthaMyDear For a second, she looked like Luciana Morad... I have to admit, going by the one pic. I've seen of L'wren (how the FUCK do you spell that?!?!?! lol................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ) Scott, Luciana IS gorgeous... She is anyways, but I still think she's boring-looking... No character to her looks... CRACKING-UP!!! lol................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I like to see some character in people's looks... Not just Barbie doll paper cut-out looks, and shit... lol................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
06-16-03 05:55 AM
Pattie
She's pretty. And she's got loooong hair.
Longer than mine even.... *must grow hair longer*

Good thing she's his age (almost) that way Lizzie and the kids won't be too grossed out
06-16-03 04:38 PM
MarthaMyDear I've only seen one pic. of her and I didn't think she was that great at ALL, but I have yet to see a good pic. of her, so... And, she's in her thirties, so that's not TOO close to Mick's age, but she does look good from behind!!! CRACKING-UP!!! lol................................................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Some guys like that, I hear... CRACKING-UP!!! lol................................................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P PATTI!!! I'll email you later on this evening, ok.?!?!?! I have just been really busy and am STILL catching-up on email, but I'll talk to you soon, alrighty-o?!?!?! Anyways, take care and MORE SOON!!! HOPEFULLY, you can go to Dylan!!! Anyways, ALOT MORE SOON!!!

*** Martha ***
06-17-03 08:25 AM
Micksgirl There was a professional pic of her posted not long ago, which i assume to be a good pic and she didn't look like anything that you would lookk twice or even once at... She's got a real blah look to her, in my opinion. It's like you want to call her pretty but she's not quite and you want to call her homely but she's not quite. The pic was wih an interview ofher and she sounded really borfing. But, hey, this is a woman's point of view. Maybe men think she's prettier. Her butt looks big in the pic though especially next to Mick! Not a great body either...meow....
06-17-03 02:59 PM
Monkey Woman More on L'wren Scott here (including a beautiful pic):
http://www.google.fr/search?q=cache:Z2BhFMF6N3AJ:www.fashionwindows.com/fashion_review/2002/lwren_scott.asp+l%27wren+scott&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8
06-17-03 03:06 PM
Monkey Woman More about L'Wren! She does sound like an interesting girl. Full text of the interview from the link above:

----------------

It's All in the Eye: An Interview with L'Wren Scott

By Karin Nelson

May 3, 2002/ FWD/ -- It's hard not to raise an eyebrow when internationally-renowned Renaissance woman L'Wren Scott says, with all seriousness, "I really wouldn't call myself a fashion person."
After all, she's not only Herb Ritts' exclusive creative stylist, but was also a style director for the Oscars, designed costumes for "Eyes Wide Shut," became a model and muse for French designer Thierry Mugler, was creative director for the Pirelli calendar and ad campaigns for Donna Karan and Calvin Klein, has styled Karl Lagerfeld's Lagerfeld Gallery collection for the past two seasons, many a mega-celebrity, and masterminded numerous major magazine spreads.

Scott backs her statement up by saying she rarely, if ever, shops for herself, and that when she dresses for jobs it's mostly in black, long-sleeved Costume National "uniforms." (Though lately she's been feeling "strangely attracted to pastels.")

"I like to think of myself as an idea person. I love being behind the scenes - collaborating with others and organizing things," offers the Utah native, during a rare break in her L.A. home.

But more than just her uncanny ability to organize virtually anything, it is Scott's incisive eye and strong sense of style that gets her the high-profile jobs.

Herb Ritts recalls the time he and Scott worked on Jennifer Lopez's video shoot for "Ain't It Funny": "The setting was a gypsy camp, and it was a very demanding project with a cast of more than 100," recalls Ritts, who shot the video.

"L'Wren oversaw every tiny detail, and Jennifer was thrilled with the results... L'Wren has a very keen eye, addresses and sees each project differently, and always ends up with a fantastic result."

Interview magazine editor-in-chief Ingrid Sischy, who's worked with Scott on numerous covers and editorial spreads, sums up the stylist's appeal neatly: "L'Wren takes risks with fashion that others would never dare. Her eye is sharp, her taste is flawless, and her humor is great." Adding simply, "What could be better!"

To those who don't know Scott, and her anecdotal wit, the 36-year-old could be quite intimidating.

Starting with her exotic French Fly-Girl name, which she was born with and derives from a long line of unusual 'L' names on her mother's side, the woman stands 6'3", refuses to wear no less than four-inch heels, and makes definitive, diva statements like "I never run" and "Manolos saved my life."

To be fair, the Manolo statement is followed by a frightening (though slightly humorous) account of what transpired the day a clumsy assistant slammed into her, sent her flying in the air, and her designer stiletto snagged the girl's sweater, allowing Scott to land on her hands and knees, rather than her head.

"I broke my elbow, fractured my wrist and tore a ligament in my knee, but I could have died!" she stresses. And that's how Scott -- then laid up in bed with one good hand, which she used to sew some vintage fabric into 24 magnificent pieces -- also became a designer.

But don't call her that either. "It's not my passion," she states firmly. Though when one of her celeb clients needs an Oscar gown or Grammy getup, Scott has been known to whip up something extraordinary.

And speaking of the Oscars..."When I was working on the show, I was obsessed with the Oscar girls," she begins, recounting another tale, this one from her gig as the official style director of the Oscars 2000.

"I mean aside from carrying the awards out on a cigarette tray, these girls looked like Playmates! It had to be changed. Then I thought to myself 'Oscar girls? Why are there no Oscar boys?'"

"The torture of that job was the censor lady," she continues. "She was always on me, worrying about butt cheeks and cleavage and Robin Williams doing live dance numbers. She almost had a heart-attack when I sent a dancer out in a Chloe top with the number '69' on it!"

Censor ladies aside, Scott is complimentary of many she's collaborated with, describing more than one as "genius." She thoughtfully recounts her first meeting with photographer Helmut Newton, with whom she worked on an "Internet Nudes" shoot two years ago.

"We were sitting at the Chateau Marmont, discussing the project, and I just couldn't believe that after all these years, he still had new ideas on how to shoot nudes and was still so passionate and excited about what he does."

Of French designer Thierry Mugler, for whom she was a modeling favorite, but hasn't had contact with for years, she recalls, "What I liked about Thierry was he was so theatrical - it appealed to me."

Unfortunately, such theatrics weren't so charming when Mugler asked Scott to climb out on a stone eagle projecting from the Chrysler Building -- in a tight skirt and heels -- and lie on it for a photograph.

"I looked at him like he's crazy!" she scoffs, still in disbelief. "There was no way I was going out there. Some other model ended up doing it."

And, about image-maker Herb Ritts, for whom she's served as the exclusive stylist for all his fashion, art, commercial, and video shoots for the past five years, Scott tells, "My first real job was for him. It was Jim Carrey on the cover of Rolling Stone. Herb had the idea of styling him like the Coppertone baby with the dog pulling down his bathing suit. It was fantastic. He has an eye for composition like no one else. I sent my book over to him before I even had an agent, and we creatively clicked. We both love conceptual things, and strong ideas, and collaboration."

But her most inspirational collaborator has been Karl Lagerfeld, whom she initially worked with on Interview magazine's Paris Couture Special last fall.

"He was shooting it, and I was so nervous because I knew him only as a designer. Ingrid [Sischy] came up to me and said 'Look, he's a photographer. Go into the job like you usually do.' It was the first time I ever worked with a photographer who understood fashion. He really is such a true artist, such a visionary, and so intelligent, and not at all afraid of change. He inspires me to do more."

Which she is. After a foray into film work via some music-video direction (Nina Gordon's "Now I Can Die," and "Santa Baby," which features Run DMC, Salt 'n' Pepa, Snoop Dogg, and Onyx) Scott has now started writing and directing film.

Her first go at it, "Ladies' Point of View," a seven-minute short starring Dolce & Gabbana boy Johnny Zander, is currently being submitted to film festivals, albeit hesitantly.

"It's a really personal film that I made for myself a while back," she explains. "I wasn't going to show it to anyone, but then someone saw it and told me it was good and gave me some strong encouragement to show it around."

Scott's second short, "Ladies Who Lunch," is written and ready to shoot this month, and she's begun writing her first feature-length film, which she works on every afternoon, wearing her proper "uniform" attire.

"I take it very seriously. Writing is a real challenge, and you have to be very disciplined," she says, adding -- with more of her characteristic modesty -- "but I really wouldn't call myself a writer."

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003