ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

This is the trivia's third prize - lick the image to read all about it!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kind request... Return to archive
06-15-03 02:05 PM
Angiegirl Hi all,

I would like to ask you all to bear in mind the people with very slow internet connections, like me. I have a 56k6 modem and I have to pay for every second that I'm online.

So if you post pix, like the ones in your signature, the ones that appear each time beneath your message, please reduce them in size/resolution first.
Like SDH (just an example) currently has a 300k pic in each message, and if he has 5 messages or so on a page, it will take forever to load on my pc. I'm not talking about pix you put in once (except when they are extremely large). Especially on concert review threads, with all other pix and a big header pic to load each time...it makes it hell for me to see updates ya know.

Not all are lucky enough to have broadband right? So if you could think about that, thank very much. I think it will help RO to not overuse their bandwith too, lol .

Angiegirl
[Edited by Angiegirl]
06-15-03 02:11 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Good point you got there. But how to make pix smaller?
06-15-03 02:28 PM
Monkey Woman With an image manipulation software like Windows Paint (you don't have to buy it, it's in Windows already) or the very good Paint Shop Pro, which enables to reduce the image size and also its complexity (number of colours, definition, etc.) and thus reduce its digital 'weight'. You can download a 30 days trial version here:
http://download.com
06-15-03 03:59 PM
KeepRigidsLawyer My dear, I must confess that I do not really understand the request, but I will delete any extraneous photographs from my computer if it will help matters.

Best,
KRsL
06-15-03 06:56 PM
Angiegirl Lol, no, that won't help, but thanx for the offer! That's sweet.

I am aware of the fact that apparently many people don't have a clue really about the internet, loading times etc. I also understand probably most won't go through the hassle of resizing and all that crap, I know.
That's why I only ask it if it's possible. If not, too bad for me. Never mind.
06-16-03 09:48 AM
steel driving hammer Angiegirl you are really beautiful.
06-16-03 09:52 AM
steel driving hammer LOL, kind of remind me of Liz Phair!!

When they do the double dutch thats them dancing!!
06-16-03 11:59 AM
Sir Stonesalot Wow.

What kind of fucked up providers do you have over across the pond? Don't they have unlimited providers over there?

I pay $16.00 a month for unlimited internet use. And it's a local call, so no long distance phone fee applies.

It sounds like our Euro pals are getting raped. That just ain't right.
06-16-03 12:01 PM
Joey " It sounds like our Euro pals are getting raped. That just ain't right. "

Well................................................

{ Edited By Joey }

06-16-03 04:03 PM
Jaxx thanks for your post and your reasonable request. you make an excellent point (as well as a great header photo!). Picture This, or Windows Paint as well as many other photo/graphic softwares are easy to use. a software package is usually included on the disk if you have film developed on CD. just pull the photo in, zoom out and crop. it would save tremendously on upload time for those not fortunate enough to have DSL. as for space, posted pictures only appear on the current 3 pages of the message board and not in the archives. only header shots are retained there, so space is really not a consideration. just time and we all know what a valuable commodity THAT can be.
[Edited by Jaxx]
06-16-03 04:21 PM
steel driving hammer I really didn't know my little pic of the animals was 300K. 300K is actually more than full screen I think no? I have tons of Stones wall paper as big as my screen and most of them are 280K. I will stop putting pictures on the bottom in the Sticky Pix Review threads. If the Holy Trinity wants me to stop putting pictures there, I will. But I remember Sirmoonie had a pic of my buddy Fred Sanford and a bigger pic next to it of a 70's disco stud - twice the size of mine. But it was prolly not in the Sticky pages.

I'm really sorry Angiegirl.

I would almost bendover backwards for you.
06-16-03 06:46 PM
Angiegirl LOL SDH, thanx. But don't stop having pix in your signature, I like them. Maybe just pix that are just a little bit smaller in size? lol.

We have fast internet over here, it's just that I can't afford it yet, my problem, haha!

Thanx all, and thanx Jaxx.
06-17-03 11:27 AM
Angiegirl Hey Gerardo, a 2.5 MB background image isn't what I meant

06-17-03 11:57 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Hey Gerardo, a 2.5 MB background image isn't what I meant

LOL, he didn't quite get it!
06-17-03 01:51 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

LOL, he didn't quite get it!

you can say that again. so how long does 2.5 MB of background take to load?
06-17-03 03:49 PM
icydanger values:

are so different from one side of the pond to the other,

from the north of the blue ball to the south.

communication phone/internet prices are 10-20 times more in many countries, often the ones where people make no money.
the cables are not all over yet.
06-17-03 10:28 PM
Angiegirl This page took 1 minute and 55 seconds (at 4.30 am), with no other stuff opened, only this page. Doesn't matter, it's a nice background!
06-18-03 01:26 AM
MarthaMyDear I reduced my Jeanie pic. to 26K... I hope that's ok. (?!?!?!)... lol................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I have to admit I love the big pix, myself (the good, the bad, and the tacky), but whatever... Think about getting a faster connection, Angiegirl, and cut corners elsewhere 'cause it really is worth it, IMHO... I have a 56K modem and Earthlink and it isn't REALLY bad, etc. (well, it ain't GREAT but it's not taking THAT long for things to download, etc.)... Just a thought... Take care!!!

*** Martha ***
06-18-03 01:43 AM
MarthaMyDear I fucked-up... HE!!! HE!!! lol............................. It's 33K... Is that good??? lol....................... I'm too tired to fuck with it tonight... I'll reduce it tomorrow if you want me to... lol...................... Good night!!!

*** Martha ***

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003