ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

1999, 2000, 2001 and now for the 4th year!

Thanks sUnShiNe mAN !!!!!�!��!!

Art from a photo by Gered Mankowitz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BEST TOUR SETLISTS? Return to archive
06-15-02 08:55 PM
Mr T For all you guys older than me who were there, what tours had the best setlists?
06-15-02 09:38 PM
nanky That's a tough one

'81 sure had a lot of music -- 26/27 song set lists -- old stuff, new stuff, in-between stuff, covers.

'89 covered a lot of ground too -- 2000 Lite Years -- never in a million thought they'd play that.

06-15-02 09:53 PM
Mr T I think I'll have to say B2B - even though it got predictable pretty soon into the tour, but I'm not sure.

they'd played that many in 81? - maybe the setlists this tour will be a bit longer than average. 25 is a nice number
06-16-02 01:50 AM
Boomhauer I wasn't there for the '81 tour, but here is what a typical setlist was like for '81, and I think it's pretty cool:

Under My Thumb
Whip
Neighbors
Just My Imagination
Shattered
Let's spend...
Black Limo
She's so cold
time is on my side
Beast of burden
Waiting on a friend
Let it bleed
You can't....
Tops
Dice
Hang Fire
Let me go
T&A
SMU
Miss YOu
Honky TOnk women
brown sugar
JJF
satisfaction

Also, 20 flight rock, going to a go-go, starfucker, all down the line (and even Mona and Down the Road Apiece).
06-16-02 05:08 AM
marko Well yes,but a bit in wrong order,typical set list was like
this
1.under my thumb
2,when the whip...
3.let�s spend the...
4.shattered
5.neighbours
6.black limousine
7.imagination
8.twenty flight rock(down the road apice,4times)
9.going to a go go,from louisville 11.3.81 on,,,,
10.let me go
11.time is on my side
12.beast of burden
13.waiting on a friend
14.let it bleed
15.you can�t allways...
16.little t&a
17.tumbling dice
18.she�s so cold
19.all down the line,wasn�t played after 1st hartford show.
20.hang fire
21.starfucker,dropped after 2nd orlando
22.miss you
23.start me up
24.honky tonk woman
25.brown sugar
26.jjf
27.satisfaction

after new jersey shows..the order of the songs chanced a
bit,,,,hang fire,miss you,htw,b.sugar,smu,jjf,satisfaction.

they mona once(philly),tops 3 times,philly,buffalo,denver.
the set list didn�t change much in 82.

But the best set list was probaply in 1989,or 1975 tour.
theyy all been great.
06-16-02 08:23 AM
MRD8 I never could understand why they stopped playing Down The Road Appiece in '81 and substituted Twenty Flight Rock...listen to DTRA on Jersey Devils or Ride Like The Wind and see what a killer version it was! It should be interesting to see how the Stones put together their setlists this year...a lot of their contemporaries( McCartney, Springsteen, U2, The Who, CSN&Y and a few more) have played amazing setlists and long shows since the Stones last toured in 1999...As many as 36 songs(McCartney) and 3 hour shows...can the Stones give us THAT kind of career spanning setlist that us long time fans have been wanting for years and years? I first saw them in '65 and have seen them at least once on every tour since...I've been waiting for them to pull out a lot of gems, the B2B tour was the best in that regard because they had the websongs that fans could vote on and we occasionally got something like She's A Rainbow...even if they did butcher it! The pressure is on them this year with the high ticket prices and fan discontent it has generated...can the Stones deliver for us?
06-16-02 08:52 AM
Stray Cat I think the web choice on the opening night of BTB was their best ever performance of Under my thumb......really grooving.
06-16-02 09:02 AM
MRD8 The reason Under My Thumb sounded so good on opening night was because they had rehearsed it a couple of days previously...which makes me think it might not have been "voted" on at all! Have you seen the 47 minutes of rehearsal footage from 9-20&21-97? They ran through UMT twice...thats why I thought it was funny on the video of opening night Mick asked Keith, "How does that one end...is it three F sharps?" They had just played it two days earlier...
06-16-02 09:31 AM
Boomhauer They should make the set list a little longer this time. Maybe just like in '81. I mean, they do have some new tracks coming on the new album, but will they play all of them? Maybe instead of that they should play the new single, new Keith songs, the hits, and some rarities. Sounds like a show to me!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road