ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

1999, 2000, 2001 and now for the 4th year!

Thanks sUnShiNe mAN !!!!!�!��!!

Art from a photo by Gered Mankowitz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wiltern Losing Floor-Level Seats Return to archive
06-15-02 07:05 PM
mattb Saturday, June 15, 2002

Before Stones' Stop, Wiltern Will Lose Floor-Level Seats

By RANDY LEWIS, Times Staff Writer

It'll literally be standing room only when the Stones roll into the Wiltern Theatre this fall--at least downstairs.
When the Rolling Stones' tour, which opens Sept. 5 in Boston, reaches the Wiltern on Nov. 4, all floor-level seats will have been removed as part of a $2-million renovation by Clear Channel Entertainment, which operates the 71-year-old Art Deco landmark.
For the Stones show, that will mean general admission on the floor, with neither tables nor chairs in front of the stage, according to a band spokeswoman. The balcony will still be set up for reserved seating.
Ticket-holders' order confirmation forms indicate whether they have received general admission tickets or seats in one of the reserved seating sections.
Clear Channel announced last summer its intention to revamp the Wiltern's interior to allow for dinner seating at certain events. Officials at the entertainment giant said the Wiltern's primary role would remain that of a pop concert facility, with gospel musicals, comedy shows, dance and other events sprinkled into the mix. The plan also calls for a 1,200-square-foot dance floor to be installed in front of the stage and for alcoholic beverages to be served inside the hall as well as in lobby bars, additions Clear Channel officials expect will expand the Wiltern's potential audience.
The change would increase the Wiltern's capacity from its current maximum of 2,200 to a figure that Clear Channel officials haven't specified. The Wiltern is the smallest venue so far announced for the Stones tour, which mixes stadiums, arenas and smaller theaters in various cities. The other Southland stops are Oct. 31 at Staples Center and Nov. 2 at Edison International Field in Anaheim. Tickets are still available only for the Edison Field show, according to the official tour Web site, www.rollingstones.com.
Copyright 2002 Los Angeles Times
06-15-02 08:20 PM
luxury1 Oh, don't tell me I have to go there too with my protesting placard and very loud lawyer by my side!!
06-15-02 09:51 PM
nanky I think it's great -- they say the increase in capacity hasn't been determined -- I love it when they tear out seats to make more room for people! I smell tickets...

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road