ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

1999, 2000, 2001 and now for the 4th year!

Thanks sUnShiNe mAN !!!!!�!��!!

Art from a photo by Gered Mankowitz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Very bizarre ticket prices Return to archive
06-12-02 03:28 PM
jcnariz I just came from America West arena in Phoenix. The first 5 rows on the floor are priced at 90.00 while all the other floor seats are priced at 300.00. Is it like this at all the shows?
06-12-02 03:57 PM
Flash77 That is f*$ked up if that is the case! I paid $160 to sit on the floor at the Staples center in LA on Halloween. I am not about to pay $300 for (roughly) the same seats!

El broke-o

JC
06-12-02 04:20 PM
RipThisJoint
quote:
jcnariz wrote:
I just came from America West arena in Phoenix. The first 5 rows on the floor are priced at 90.00 while all the other floor seats are priced at 300.00. Is it like this at all the shows?

I think it varies, but that is pretty much the concept.On the stadiums the $90s go back farther. Not many of these great $90 seats actualy make it to the public after the big wigs and ticketmaster clerks get done picking through them though. They will spit a few out once in a while to the masses. I have scored 2 9th row stadiums for $90 and a 5th row areana for $90(CD) and have seen 25 rows back going for $300 or more.
$150 floor seats seem to be by the b stage in the arenas
06-12-02 04:44 PM
BrianH yeah- This first started on the No Security tour- it
was announced that the first 10 rows would be $90-95 seats,
and then the $300-350 started. The press release at the time said the Stones wanted it that way for the fans..
This time seems the same, but not officially announced.
And the $90-95 seats are probably the most popular, so they
go in about 10 seconds. And then what happens? A lot of
people probably sell them to the ticket brokers, who then
sell them for 600 and up per seat. That is the ones that
acutually make to the public onsales, which probably is about 20 seats per show or something... who knows.
Brian
06-14-02 01:22 AM
Oatsdad I don't know what the hell the rule is. I could accept the $90 first 10 rows and then $300 beyond that; for DC, my fourth row seats are $90, but I saw 35th row in the same section at $300!

However, for the Vet, I've got 20th row on the floor, and it costs... $90! So I'll be damned if I can figure out some sort of system at work here...
06-14-02 08:38 AM
RipThisJoint
quote:
Oatsdad wrote:
I saw 35th row in the same section at $300!

However, for the Vet, I've got 20th row on the floor, and it costs... $90! So I'll be damned if I can figure out some sort of system at work here...

The stadium front floor killer $90s go back farther than the inside shows so if the 20th row $90 was at a stadium that would be in line with the pricing I have seen.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road