ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Stade Gerland, Lyon 18th June 2007
© Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hippiefest Brings 60's And 70's Icons To Centerstage Return to archive
15th June 2007 02:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Hippiefest Brings 60's And 70's Icons To Centerstage
Jazz News
June 15, 2007

Experience Hippiefest, the musical flashback celebrating the bands that defined music's most influential decade: the '60s. The second annual Hippiefest marks the fortieth anniversary of the Summer of Love – an era of liberation, experimentation, long hair and flower power – with impresarios The Turtles, Felix Cavaliere's Rascals, The Zombies, Mountain, Mitch Ryder, Badfinger, Country Joe McDonald, Iron Butterfly, Denny Laine and Melanie.

Tour creator Toby Ludwig explains, "This festival is for people who weren't around in the '60s and '70s or were and just can't seem to remember. Bring your parents, your grandparents and your kids. Come be a Hippie for a day!"

Fans can expect to hear a variety of groovy classic favorites such as: The Turtles (featuring Flo and Eddie) "Happy Together", "She'd Rather Be With Me" and "It Ain't Me Babe"

Felix Cavaliere's Rascals "Good Lovin'", "How Can I Be Sure", "People Got To Be Free" and "Groovin'"

The Zombies (featuring Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent) "She's Not There", "Tell Her No" and "Time of the Season"

Mountain "Mississippi Queen" and "Theme from an Imaginary Western"

Mitch Ryder "Jenny Take A Ride", "Devil With A Blue Dress On" and "C.C. Rider"

Badfinger -"Come And Get It", "No Matter What" and "Day After Day"

Country Joe McDonald "I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-To-Die Rag (1 2 3 What Are We Fighting For?)"

Iron Butterfly "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"

Denny Laine (former lead singer of The Moody Blues & founding member of Wings) "Go Now!"

Melanie "Lay Down (Candles in the Rain)" and "Brand New Key" (Well, I got a brand new pair of roller skates / You got a brand new key).

Hippiefest features several musicians who performed at the Monterey Pop Festival and the original Woodstock. The 21-date tour kicks off in Toronto, Ontario on July 25th and ends in San Diego, California on August 21st.

The first annual Hippiefest was billed a "time warp" (The Hartford Courant) "guaranteed to get boomers misty-eyed enough to fog up their bifocals" (Newsday). The Rutland Herald declared, "This just might be the time for hippies to rise again."

A full line of flower power paraphernalia such as tie-dye t-shirts, skirts, caps, bags, stickers and posters will be available throughout the tour.

Hippiefest is produced by Toby Ludwig and Ron Hausfeld of Flower Power Concerts, Inc.

15th June 2007 02:49 PM
gimmekeef Thanks for the heads up...I'm goin just to ram a pair of keys up that bitch Melanies ass.....Worst song ever!
15th June 2007 03:12 PM
mojoman bring in the tarps...........
16th June 2007 08:55 AM
corgi37 I would love to be there.

Just watch out for the brown acid.

And, to para-phrase one of the best Warner Brothers cartoons ever...

..."What, no Wavy Gravy?"

P.S. I love that cartoon. I really do. havent seen it in years.
16th June 2007 09:57 AM
Jakeb206 Love hoe all the shows are in small amphitheaters and such. Then you get Wichita... with a 40,000 seat stadium.... WTF?!?! I know there are not that many hippies in this one-horse town
16th June 2007 11:06 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Jakeb206 wrote:
Love hoe all the shows are in small amphitheaters and such. Then you get Wichita... with a 40,000 seat stadium.... WTF?!?! I know there are not that many hippies in this one-horse town

There wont be a tarp left unused that night.....
16th June 2007 12:05 PM
Dan
quote:
Jakeb206 wrote:
Love hoe all the shows are in small amphitheaters and such. Then you get Wichita... with a 40,000 seat stadium.... WTF?!?! I know there are not that many hippies in this one-horse town

And no L.A. date....
16th June 2007 12:41 PM
mojoman
quote:
Dan wrote:

And no L.A. date....

california dreamin?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)