ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Stade Gerland, Lyon 18th June 2007
© Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Audio For Biggest Bang DVD Return to archive
14th June 2007 09:27 PM
gimmekeef For those folks with the ability to support DTS Stereo on their tuners and systems...You need to go into the menu of the disks..then go to "setup" and click DTS 5.1 Stereo.This is a less compressed audio stream and will give you an incredible sound.If you dont go to setup you will get the Dolby 5.1 which is great....but imho not as good sound....Enjoy

DTS= Digital Theater System
[Edited by gimmekeef]
14th June 2007 09:34 PM
pdog i will try this. I don't do the home theatre thing, I just run the audio to my two speakers... Don't know if it will amtter or not, but will check it out now...
14th June 2007 11:14 PM
Bloozehound my sony receiver gets all blue and purty when the DTS kicks in, it's the only way to fly

15th June 2007 08:03 AM
Bob Tamp I actually preferred the Dolby Digital mix to the DTS on first listen. Maybe I will have to re-try it. I am really enjoying this dvd. The sound is blowing me away. I really dont care about the overdubs. This dvd was made for the masses, not us hardcore fans...and it succeeds very well.
BY FAR, THE BEST SOUNDING DVD THE STONES HAVE EVER PUT OUT.
15th June 2007 09:00 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
I actually preferred the Dolby Digital mix to the DTS on first listen. Maybe I will have to re-try it. I am really enjoying this dvd. The sound is blowing me away. I really dont care about the overdubs. This dvd was made for the masses, not us hardcore fans...and it succeeds very well.
BY FAR, THE BEST SOUNDING DVD THE STONES HAVE EVER PUT OUT.

Bob one of my friends preferred Dolby too....taste as always varies.Just thought I'd post this so those that maybe have DTS and didnt know how to activate it could try it....Either way as you say its great...
15th June 2007 10:49 AM
CraigP
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
my sony receiver gets all blue and purty when the DTS kicks in, it's the only way to fly

I know what you mean

I have a Kenwood with Dolby Digital.
I run 4 speakers set-up for stereo but I have the DVD player connected with a fiber-optic cable (the only way to be!)
I select DTS on the DVD menu and my receiver knows that I have only 2 channels availible and/or 3 for a center speaker, so it automatically "downmixes" all of the DVD surround channels into to (2 or "3-stereo") channels.
Anyways, i prefer stereo for DVD concers and the "surround" for movies.

I run the analog out from the DVD into an older analog Kenwood for 6 speaker stereo with respective equalization.
[Edited by CraigP]
15th June 2007 11:03 AM
egon i have "loud stereo" at my house.
works great.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)