ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Stade Gerland, Lyon 18th June 2007
© Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Finally, Reality is working and forcing the hand of Darwinism (nsc) Return to archive
14th June 2007 02:38 PM
voodoopug Louisiana Town Bans 'Sagging Pants'
AP
DELCAMBRE, La. (June 13) - Overly saggy britches are obscene, the Delcambre Town Council says. So does Mayor Carol Broussard, who said he will sign an anti-sag ordinance passed unanimously this week.

Once Delcambre, La.'s new ordinance takes effect, people caught wearing pants that expose underwear or more will face fines of $500 and possible jail time.

Talk About It: Post Thoughts
The new indecent exposure ordinance in this Cajun-country town of about 2,000 carries penalties of up to six months in jail and a $500 fine for being caught in pants that show undergarments or, in the mayor's phrase, "private parts."

"I don't know if it will do any good, but it won't hurt," said Delcambre Councilman Albert Roy, who introduced the ordinance. "It's obvious, and anybody with common sense can see your parts when you wear sagging pants ."

The meeting Monday night packed the small trailer that has been Town Hall since Hurricane Rita swept in six feet of storm surge on Sept. 24, 2005.

Low-hanging, baggy pants have become a fashion fad, mostly for young men in the hip-hop culture. Several residents objected that the ordinance targeted blacks.

Broussard denied any racial motivation. "White people wear sagging pants, too. Anybody who wears these pants should be held responsible."

"Fifty years ago you wouldn't need a law saying that it's obscene for teenagers to expose their private parts in public."
»Read the postAlthough Roy, who is black, introduced the ordinance, he said a $500 fine is outrageous: "I think it should be something like $25."

The ordinance states, "It shall be unlawful for any person in any public place or in view of the public to be found in a state of nudity, or partial nudity, or in dress not becoming to his or her sex, or in any indecent exposure of his or her person or undergarments, or be guilty of any indecent or lewd behavior."

The law applies to women as well as men, the mayor said Wednesday. "If you expose some of your privates, the crack of your behind, if somebody feels insulted they should press charges. If you're offended by it, we want to straighten that out."

The clause about "dress not becoming to his or her sex" doesn't forbid cross-dressing, Broussard said. "A dress, I wouldn't find that obscene. As long as he covers himself and it's not too short."

The ordinance isn't needed because the state has an indecent exposure law, resident Sylvester Harris said during Monday's meeting. But town attorney Ted Ayo said the measure expands on the state law by adding underwear to the list of forbidden exposures.

"This is a new ordinance that deals specifically with sagging pants," Ayo said. "It's about showing off your underwear in public."

Town resident Adam George had another objection. "It's just going to be harassment," he said at the Monday meeting. "People that don't like me are going to call and complain on me and say I've got saggy pants. I'm going to have to pay to bond out, even if I'm right."

Most Popular - Last 24 Hours
911 Dispatchers Denied Dying Woman HelpScientist Says Mars Once Had OceansWoman, Father Gunned Down Outside MallBilly Graham's Wife In Coma, Close to DeathRemains of Giant Dinosaur Found in ChinaPolice Chief James Broussard said he didn't have a problem with George's pants, which hung below his waist but were covered by a long T-shirt.

"It's not like I'm showing my privates or anything like that," George said. "It's my boxers."

Mayor Broussard's public advice for people who like their pants to hang low: "Just wear it properly. Cover your vital parts. I mean, if you expose your private parts, you'll get a fine. If you walk up and your pants drop, you get a fine. They're better off taking the pants off and just wearing a dress."
14th June 2007 02:43 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
They're better off taking the pants off and just wearing a dress.

14th June 2007 02:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

14th June 2007 03:13 PM
CraigP What...the...fuck...?
14th June 2007 03:26 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
CraigP wrote:
What...the...fuck...?

14th June 2007 04:00 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Matt is not pleased

14th June 2007 04:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Matt is not pleased

WHere the hell have you been? Sadly, the board has been overrun by Dylan fans, floaters, and supporters of such rendering such legends as you and I basically non factors:

Note: There is very little emotion anymore created by our posts!

Whoof??
14th June 2007 04:45 PM
Fiji Joe We have been Back Street Boyed into submission....

This new breed...raised on Play Station and Nirvana...they're postin'...but are they really postin'?...I will not become a cobbled together relic on display at the nature science center...a booger depository for fifth graders on a field trip...Relevance seeks me...I do not seek it...the shadows...it never looks in the the shadows
14th June 2007 05:31 PM
Joey " ... I will not become a cobbled together relic on display at the nature science center...a booger depository for fifth graders on a field trip...Relevance seeks me...I do not seek it...the shadows...it never looks in the the shadows "

14th June 2007 05:41 PM
Fiji Joe

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
14th June 2007 05:49 PM
Fiji Joe

"Fiji...I just love your posts"

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
14th June 2007 05:52 PM
Fiji Joe The Joey Effect

14th June 2007 05:56 PM
pdog I do not understand and do not want to understand...
14th June 2007 05:56 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
We have been Back Street Boyed into submission....

This new breed...raised on Play Station and Nirvana...they're postin'...but are they really postin'?...I will not become a cobbled together relic on display at the nature science center...a booger depository for fifth graders on a field trip...Relevance seeks me...I do not seek it...the shadows...it never looks in the the shadows

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Lil Fiji..I just got a feeling that in 15 or 20 years, you're gonna be somebody...maybe like a writer or something"
14th June 2007 06:01 PM
Fiji Joe That's what this board has been missing...my minty fresh posts...I tell you what Joey...if it will liven things up around here, I'm gonna give you my Jim Nabors material...just give it to you...it's starting to funkify the house anyway

"Pyle...pretending to be a cymbal is not gonna make Charlie Watts fall in love with you"
14th June 2007 06:18 PM
Joey
quote:

Fiji Joe wrote:
That's what this board has been missing.......

" Joey's ' The Sparky Chronicles ' has taken message board posting to new heights --- and the world is much better off ! " ( Aubrey Haines , Postin' Weekly ) .
14th June 2007 08:02 PM
lotsajizz MUCH!!

15th June 2007 07:57 AM
Mel Belli I was disappointed to run into the NSC in this subject line ... I really thought there could've been some Stones-related content herein. "Reality ... catching up...," etc.
16th June 2007 01:28 PM
BONOISLOVE I love this thread so much that I JUST cannot explain how much I love it.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)