ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Stade Gerland, Lyon 18th June 2007
© Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dr Feelgood Return to archive
13th June 2007 12:46 PM
Lord (Hetero) I have just 'discovered' this band. Of course one has seen that name written since forever, but I never checked them out. Totally rocking; that guitarrist is groovy.
Are they still around?
I'm beginning to think that the new, hip rock'n roll band should be made up of only 40+ year olds.
13th June 2007 12:54 PM
Gazza Theyre still around, although none of the original band members are still with them. Their heyday was in the late 70's around the punk era (although they were more of a R&B/pub rock band obviously)

Kinda faded from view after singer Lee Brilleaux died from cancer in the mid 90s.

Theres a few good compilations from the early years and the first few studio albums are worth checking out. Cant say Ive heard any of the latter stuff so cant comment on it. They were a terrific live band at their peak.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Feelgood_%28band%29
13th June 2007 01:23 PM
gimmekeef Always loved the Crew's Dr Feelgood.....
13th June 2007 01:54 PM
Fiji Joe Isn't that a guy and not a band?..."Piano Red" who did the song Dr. Feelgood under the name Dr. Feelgood?...but that was early 60s...Never heard of these other fellas
13th June 2007 03:20 PM
rollmops Hey the original Doctor Feelgood was a terrific band. Check out on Youtube.com there are videos of 'Back in the Night","She does it right" ,"Roxette". Wilko Johnson and Lee Brilleaux are great rock and rollers.
Mops
14th June 2007 04:59 AM
fanfucker Yes, i like this band too.
I never seen them with Lee Brilleaux and Wilco Johnson but i've seen the doctor F. in 2003.Very good gig, rock, rapid, energic, a mix with their own songs and olds rock (Chuck Berry....)
Same roots that the Stones, i think we can say
14th June 2007 08:29 AM
mrhipfl never heard of them. Checked them out, it's pretty good! Thanks for introducing me.

14th June 2007 10:26 AM
mrhipfl I just downloaded see you later alligator, can't be satisfied, trying to live my life without you, dust my broom, all through the city, Roxette, and she does it right. Anymore recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated! They're really great,
14th June 2007 12:52 PM
GotToRollMe No self-respecting rock and roller could ignore 'em in the late '70s. You can check out their website here:
http://www.bacchanal.org.uk/Links.htm

14th June 2007 03:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I just downloaded see you later alligator, can't be satisfied, trying to live my life without you, dust my broom, all through the city, Roxette, and she does it right. Anymore recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated! They're really great,

Twenty Yards Behind from "Down By the Jetty" is a little gem

Their best known hits were "Down At The Doctor" and "Milk and Alcohol". For a good cross section, download the "The UA Years" which is a nice compilation of their singles from the first decade or so
14th June 2007 03:42 PM
mrhipfl Thanks Gazza!
14th June 2007 05:10 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff I grew up with Brilleux and Wilco Johnson, I saw them two times in Rome: wonderfull, just a pure-wild rock'n'roll band. I just adore them
and Wilco, the first guitarist who formed the band, is just a rolling stones fan.

milk and alchool!
14th June 2007 05:35 PM
GotToRollMe Milk and Alcohol:

Ian Dury & The Blockheads featuring Wilko Johnson doing "Sweet Gene Vincent":

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)